NEED A WRITER?

Pages: first prev 123 next last
how about some science-fiction? :)
Ooft. The last piece of science fiction I wrote was last year, but here we go. It's from "Where Statistics Lie", a Phantasy Star Fanfiction.

'Lykala stumbled over and struggled to get up, causing Lisa to kneel by his side. Looping his arm over her shoulder, she supported him with one arm, then attached the breather to his mouth and nose, securing it before activating the device. There was a hiss of air, a sudden intake of breath as oxygen flooded Lykala's system, and within five minutes the euphoria had vanished. He still needed to be supported by Lisa, however. “My apologies.” She said, but Lykala shook his head breathlessly.
“My fault. Should'a told you.”
She didn't pursue the matter; looking past the mistake, she could see that Lykala felt no need to trouble her about his worsening condition. “Come on. We should find an area where you can return to normal health.”

Failing to find a room similar to the cargo room they had used previously, Lisa was forced to stand guard outside one of the smaller storage areas whilst he recovered. Slouched against one of the containers, Lykala tried to ignore the hiss of the breath as it filtered the air. It annoyed him to be so easily weakened, whereas CASTs such as Lisa could shrug off most poisons and environmental dangers within minutes of detecting them. “Hey, Lisa.”
“Yes, Lykala?” her response could be heard from the other side of the door, albeit muffled; Lykala stood and shuffled to lean against a closer wall.
“How come GRM decided to make organic CASTs work in the GUARDIANS? I mean, the older models are more suited to combat than you are, right?”
“That is correct. However, the older CAST models require regular maintenance and software updates in order to stay ‘ahead of the game', as one might say. The Model 905 CASTs are tests in order to see if self-sufficient CASTs can be produced. Although not possible at present, if the experiment is a success GRM will consider the possibility of upgrading our bodies to allow for procreation. We are a new breed of CASTs, as my manufacturing director explained in a press conference prior to our design.”
“And if the experiment fails?” Lykala inquired, flexing his limbs experimentally, punching the air a few times and jumping up and down to regain feeling in his limbs.
“Then no upgrades will be made, unless external funding is provided for the Model 905 that wishes for that upgrade.”
A sharp blast of energy cut off their conversation, followed by the squeal of a Pannon. “Lykala, if you are able to, please join me outside; SEED-forms are approaching.” Though still weakened, he was able to assist Lisa in eliminating the SEED-form patrol that attacked them. Adrenaline coursed through his body, assisting the recovery. Lisa tapped his shoulder. “The patrols are increasing in frequency. We may be approaching the core. Also, I am detecting numerous life-signs near the reactor room over there.”
Following her finger, Lykala noticed wisps of blue energy seeping through the blast doors and disintegrating â€" A-Photons. “Come on, let's go.”
Whilst Lisa hacked into the console for the blast room, Lykala's attention was captured by a strange, humanoid SEED-form that neither noticed them nor reacted to the Beast's surprised exclamation. It lumbered along, dragging a bulbous sack of sickly pale material behind it. Lisa gasped, then explained to Lykala in a hushed voice. “That container is emitting a life-sign similar to one of the workers here.”

Following it through the blast doors, a grotesque sight invaded Lykala's vision. Numerous sacks were being dragged towards an empty shell, by SEED-forms like the one that had just walked past them. A few twitched horribly, and a few were darker in colour, but all seemed to register with life-signs of the employees of the facility. The husk absorbed the deep blue A-photons and glowed a colour similar to the other SEED-forms around it, seemingly growing. Lisa looked to Lykala, and he noted a slight edge of urgency to her voice. “That is the core of a Dulk Fakis, Lykala. We must prevent these SEED-forms from completing their task.”
“Gotcha.” Already, roughly five of the stacks were inside the core; there wasn't a moment to spare. Activating one of his sabers, Lykala sliced open the sack closest to him. Putrid green gas exploded from the sack, and it quickly deflated. A heavily mutilated corpse slid out, exhumed and emaciated. He recoiled, but quickly recovered as the SEED-form noticed the change of weight in its cargo. It rounded on the GUARDIAN, surprisingly agile for its bulky, muscular frame. “Lisa! Take care of the other containers!”
The order was met with several rapid shots that pierced the remaining sacks, causing other corpses to litter the floor. The SEED-forms registered the threat, but with their cargo seemingly useless they were set on killing the two that had interrupted their plans. Stepping back towards the blast door, Lisa took out her rifle, ready to support Lykala.'

This is far from my best piece. My home resides in fantasy of most forms - Historical, Urban, Gothic etc. Where Statistics Lie was my first foray, but I'm writing a new piece, 'Living Universe' to practise my skills in the science-fiction genre.

If you'd like, I can write a piece to some specifications? Just to give you a clearer idea of my abilities at present?
I am currently completely free. All those interested should respond to this thread, send me a private message, or an email to Green_Mach@hotmail.co.uk
HAHAH you mean a Phantasy Star Universe fanfaction xD

GRM, SEED, GAURDIAN, DULK FAKIS!!

man, it's been a while since I even thought about that game. I played PSU for like 3 years, logged over 2000 hours u.u Rygar died with the PS2/PC server. you must have played? fuck i loved that game </3

I would suggest posting pieces from all genres. In the OP too, having more information on the face of your topic is always a good idea. I'd like to read more.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
PSO was where the real fun was at.
author=Link_2112
HAHAH you mean a Phantasy Star Universe fanfaction xD

GRM, SEED, GAURDIAN, DULK FAKIS!!

man, it's been a while since I even thought about that game. I played PSU for like 3 years, logged over 2000 hours u.u Rygar died with the PS2/PC server. you must have played? fuck i loved that game </3

I would suggest posting pieces from all genres. In the OP too, having more information on the face of your topic is always a good idea. I'd like to read more.

*points to above post*
I still play PSO on private servers ^.^ It's hella fun.

Where's the rest of that fanfiction? Do you have it hosted anywhere?
author=Link_2112
I still play PSO on private servers ^.^ It's hella fun.

Where's the rest of that fanfiction? Do you have it hosted anywhere?

Nah. I took it down because it wasn't up to scratch, compared to my other stuff. Sorry!
Only one slot remaining, guys! One of the taken slots is with a member of Unity, and so will not be available on RMN when the project is completed. The two slots taken are long-term projects, so any short term projects should get in now before another long term takes the last spot!
If you don't mind, I have a story concept I'm toying with for my game that I'd like for you to just take a look and see if you have ways to expand upon it or a direction the entire flow could take. Right now, it's just a bunch of concepts and character ideas with some background lore.But I don't really have an actual game flow at the moment.

It wouldn't really require much work for you, just eying it over and giving suggestions :D
author=ashriot
If you don't mind, I have a story concept I'm toying with for my game that I'd like for you to just take a look and see if you have ways to expand upon it or a direction the entire flow could take. Right now, it's just a bunch of concepts and character ideas with some background lore.But I don't really have an actual game flow at the moment.

It wouldn't really require much work for you, just eying it over and giving suggestions :D

Sure thing! Bounce them over to me via message or email, and I'll gladly look at it.
An update on my current projects!

1) Steampunk Fighting Game, with Kweiko from Unity. W.I.P. title; 'Fate Breakers'.
2) Freeform RPG with nukei.
3) Empty, but may be filled fairly soon with Ashriot's project.
I'm now completely full with my requests. I'll let you all know when I open another slot, or one frees up.
Update: Now open for two projects. Give us a buzz if you want my services, as detailed by the first post in this thread.
How about you write something Chaos and I'll turn it into a RPG.
author=ShortStar
How about you write something Chaos and I'll turn it into a RPG.

I'm already doing that with Nukei, so I may need some direction as to what you want from me.
If you're already doing that with Nukei, then you should ask Nukei :-)
author=ShortStar
If you're already doing that with Nukei, then you should ask Nukei :-)

Uh... I have. Hence the first project on my list.

What I mean is, I want a project with some direction. So if you have an idea, I can develop it with you, or if you need someone to do dialogue/flavour text, I can work on that. I'm already doing a 'from scratch' project, so I'd like one which already has some form of a foundation.
Hello Chaosbahamut123, I was wondering if I'd be able to take advantage of this opportunity, and perhaps have you take a look at one of the projects I'm currently working on. It's an entry in to the Dragon Fantasy series (the second of the "Venaitura" spin-offs), and I think it'd be great to have someone take a look at the game's script/dialogue as it's being written so that all of the little errors are ironed out before a game is built around it.

Development hasn't really begun yet, but I'm very close to starting the actual script. Recently I've just finished plotting all of the major plot points, and figuring out the general direction the plot will be taking. I'm steadily able to work on bits and pieces day-by-day, so it's slowly making progress.

It'd be great to have your assistance in the near future, so I hope you get back to me!
Pages: first prev 123 next last