working tomorrow
*sighs forever*
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=spejoku
finals finals finals finals *breaks down crying*

*pats on back*
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Coincidentally, I'm also devoting a small chunk of my life to a Youtube video.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Exams...I remember those...*sigh*

For people who think wrestling isn't real:
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Wrestling is real. It's just choreographed, making it essentially bullshit. Dude, you can hear them telling each other what to do.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=pianotm
Wrestling is real. It's just choreographed, making it essentially bullshit. Dude, you can hear them telling each other what to do.

I saw a video like that once. You could hear them like "throw me in the corner" and if it seems like something went wrong, one wrestler asks another "are you okay?". It's actually quite comical.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Just an association, La Mascarada Plata.

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=pianotm

Well, movies, music and dance are often choreographed, but that doesn't make it bullshit, does it?

Edit: It's like saying improvisational comedy is the only legitimate form of comedy.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
There is a difference. The purpose of a dance is to look good, and the purpose of a movie is to entertain you or tell a story, and the purpose of comedy is to make you laugh. All of those things can be often accomplished more effectively with choreography than without. However, the purpose of sports is to compete. With the choreography there is no actual competition, because one side is not trying to win. It defeats the purpose.

I totally understand when people watch it for a different purpose, enjoying it despite the choreography the same way they might enjoy an action movie, but that's not usually the case. Most people I've talked to who watch wrestling tell me I'm a fool and a conspiracy theorist for believing that it's choreographed, and get really offended by the suggestion that it's not a legitimate competition.
Corfaisus
Out of curiosity I decided to take to Google translate and cut up my full name "Corfaisus Salundras" and see what happens. Apparently it's not far off from Galician, roughly translating to "color makes its salt undre", and "undre" is Danish for "wonder", so it's a complete mishmash of nonsense. I'll keep trying and see what else I can find.

I suppose something as white as salt would be befuddled by something such as color.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ
There is a difference. The purpose of a dance is to look good, and the purpose of a movie is to entertain you or tell a story, and the purpose of comedy is to make you laugh. All of those things can be often accomplished more effectively with choreography than without. However, the purpose of sports is to compete. With the choreography there is no actual competition, because one side is not trying to win. It defeats the purpose.

I totally understand when people watch it for a different purpose, enjoying it despite the choreography the same way they might enjoy an action movie, but that's not usually the case. Most people I've talked to who watch wrestling tell me I'm a fool and a conspiracy theorist for believing that it's choreographed, and get really offended by the suggestion that it's not a legitimate competition.

Yeah, because you know, these people are really hurting themselves. The blood's not fake. The noise of them hitting the floor of the ring is not a sound effect. When one of them jumps on the other, they're not being held up by wires. The hits they're taking are real. They are really getting busted up. Every bit of it is scripted and at the beginning of the season, they already know who's getting the belt at the end. These are athletes training to fight, and all they get to do is cheap, redneck ballet. I hope they're getting paid well to be trained monkeys (they weren't when I was going to the matches at the old Checkerdome). Really, only the top stars get paid well while all the rest get bullshit. No chance whatsoever to accomplish anything unless you have a look that McMahon and Flair is looking for.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I think the word that would be more appropriate here is scripted, because dances for competition are choreographed, they're just not designed to lead to a predetermined winner.

Though that being said if the whole thing is indeed predetermined, how is that wrestlers are still dying? Surely the moves are so well rehearsed that such an occurrence shouldn't happen.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=nhubi
Though that being said if the whole thing is indeed predetermined, how is that wrestlers are still dying? Surely the moves are so well rehearsed that such an occurrence shouldn't happen.

Drugs.

author=LockeZ

I have enjoyed watching the occasional theatrical wrestling match in the past. I view it like a play, with faces (good guys) and heels (bad guys), feuds and dramas. It's just too bad that many of the good actors (including the veritable Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) have moved on to feature films. Essentially, these guys are actors. Although not very many of them are good ones, it seems.

For an example of one of the most well-executed and audacious heels of wrestling of all time, look no further than the magnificently subversive Andy Kaufman.

Yellow Magic
author=LockeZ
There is a difference. The purpose of a dance is to look good, and the purpose of a movie is to entertain you or tell a story,
The purpose of decent pro-wrestling matches is to entertain and/or tell a story.

author=LockeZ
Most people I've talked to who watch wrestling tell me I'm a fool and a conspiracy theorist for believing that it's choreographed, and get really offended by the suggestion that it's not a legitimate competition.
I highly suggest you get out of wherever you are because that level of stupidity is not something you should be dealing with on a day-by-day basis.

With all due respect to some of you guys, you don't sound like you know very much about modern scripted wrestling, so I'm just going to leave this here for anyone being interested in NOT being ignorant...

(Wondering if anyone watched the video...FYI, is was a blow-up doll performing multiple Canadian Destroyers on a human being)

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yellow Magic
I highly suggest you get out of wherever you are because that level of stupidity is not something you should be dealing with on a day-by-day basis.
They are everywhere I go.

That video was highly entertaining, though. I did not actually know there was an evil necromancer in the show. My level of disgust at the intelligence of my acquaintances was already bad enough without adding that on top. I'm wondering if they think the voodoo is real or if they think that the sorcerestler is tricking his opponents somehow.
Had the most fucked dream last night. Shit was bananas.

Hide tagged:
Me and JonTron were playing 3v3 basketball against a team from the Islamic State in some sort of backwoods shed. We were playing for the land rights of two territories they had captured in northern America somehow, and I think we won.

Then we were driving two sportscars up the highway from Corner Brook with the Avengers, with the Hulk doing that "Hopping" thing he did in the Ang Lee movie to get around.

Somebody died on the way from Corner Brook, I think it was an Islamic State guy that had converted to our side, not sure.

After that I was watching JonTron drive his sportscar through an obstacle course at a county fair, which was sort of like a hall of mirrors that changed width and height. JonTron's car was sort of "floaty", it went over some holes but didn't fall through.

The last part was me and JonTron in a very modern looking skyscraper, still driving the cars around, but standing at the peak of a big platform. The skyscraper was sort of "inverted", we were on a roof like structure but still in the building, and the outer glass walls were surrounding us with a gap in between them and the roof.

We were talking about how it would make a "sick ass" lair, and you could hook up "Tony Stark" style gadgets within the gap so you could stand on the edge of the roof area and use them.

Then, the last part was when I saw a TV screen on a nearby wall that was really dark and hard to make out, talking about some nuclear disaster that hit North America- they were displaying a "blast radius map" or something. I think it was supposed to be the Chicxulub Impact in Mexico, but the program quickly changed to a show about model figure building with a One Piece theme.

It's good to have such nonsensical and fun dreams. Wish I had more of them, I need to get back into writing this shit down on a regular basis again.

FYI, this is just copied from a Facebook group message, Corner Brook is a town near my hometown.
Corfaisus
Yellow Magic
author=LockeZ
They are everywhere I go.

That video was highly entertaining, though. I did not actually know there was an evil necromancer in the show. My level of disgust at the intelligence of my acquaintances was already bad enough without adding that on top. I'm wondering if they think the voodoo is real or if they think that the sorcerestler is tricking his opponents somehow.
I am 99.999% sure none of my RL acquaintances believe wrestling is real except for one of my cousins who has learning difficulties. Maybe you should move to London?

In other news, my disgust at my current employer's reached a new level upon finding out that I'll have to share a hotel room with someone else (most likely a stranger) during a mandatory two-day training course. I can stand two nights, but I expected to be treated much better by one of the world's biggest and richest financial organisations. There's no point in selling-out if I'm not even valued...