2010 MISAO WINNERS

KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
So, who did you all vote for?

As I remember, I voted thusly:

Best Storytelling and Direction: N/A
Best Character Design: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Best Setting: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Best Atmosphere: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Best Graphics & Artwork: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Best Sound & Music: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Most Technical Prowess: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Best Level Design: N/A
Best Gameplay Mechanics: N/A
Best Interface Design: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Most Promising Demo: N/A
Best Non-RPG: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak
Game of the Year: Valthirian Arc : Daybreak

And if you're wondering why, Valthirian Arc was the only game that thoroughly impressed me in 2010. Thus, my votes reflect it.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
woot! I got 2 votes for "most promising demo" in the misaos :p
We all need to get to fuck to work if this is the pool we have to pick from. What did we have, two or three good games the entire year?
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Carvonica
Vacant Sky is a fun game.

I started playing it tonight, and...I can't really agree with this statement! I'm hoping it picks up speed later, because everything became remarkably dull the moment I took control of Auria.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=halibabica
from Carvonica
Vacant Sky is a fun game.
I started playing it tonight, and...I can't really agree with this statement! I'm hoping it picks up speed later, because everything became remarkably dull the moment I took control of Auria.

Act I is pretty terrible--it's almost 3 years old now and it really shows its age. I was hoping I'd have the remade version of Act I done by now, but I'm still working in a lot of Craze's suggestions, along with the new battle system. Still, I hope that the embarrassing quality of Act I doesn't dissuade anyone from playing Act II, which blows it away in every regard. Fortunately, Act I is only about 40-50 minutes long.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Guys stop pissing yourselves because 1) it's ~twenty-seven votes, 2) AA:G did the same thing for second place and 3) this is a game dev site so maybe you should make some games.
Well... the results are weird and sad, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the voting system. Such things can happen.

I'm happy for the votes I got.... I got votes in almost every category, which is awesome.

I don't remember all my votes... I know I gave most of them to Re:Alistair++ and Space Funeral. I also voted for ActRazer in some category, best atmosphere for Eyes without a face... yeah.
I can rest knowing there is someone out there who thought "Spike Lee's The Twilight Zone" was the best game of the year, lmao.
this is a game dev site so maybe you should make some games.

Not everyone here makes games, some of the members just want to be reviewers and others just want to draw things (etc, etc.).

It's easier to just tell people to collect the McDonald's Ms by doing all/some/any of the above
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
pretty sure i voted space funeral for most of mine. and i think i tried to give YDS' The Room gam of da yeer.

i'm good at this.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
I don't like making games or playing games, just complaining about them. It's much more fulfilling and so much less effort than the former or latter
Wow...Vacant sky trounced the Misaos of 2010? I was actually thinking of playing this, but not until the complete edition comes out.

But hey...Forever's End wins Most Promising Demo, and that' s definitely a gifted :)
I still bring up the fact that the game was made in 2009 and this voting was for 2010. Maybe there was a release in 2010, but it could have been a minor release to still get it in 2010 voting.
author=ShortStar
I still bring up the fact that the game was made in 2009 and this voting was for 2010. Maybe there was a release in 2010, but it could have been a minor release to still get it in 2010 voting.

Act III was released in 2010, and it's a major release. Vacant Sky actually has 3 separate acts for download, just that the name wasn't renamed to just "Vacant Sky". I believe one's own game can be renamed.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=ShortStar

Act I was released in 2009 while both Acts II and III were released in 2010.
Everyone is saying great things about Forever's End, so I'll be waiting for that one for sure, and so help me if it's terrible there will be a giant bitch fest rant the likes of which you've never seen.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Hmm, didn't even realise this sort of contest was still going...
the misaos are no longer relevant. i believe this is what the city-states of zelmony of exit fate symbolized. the signs were obvious when barkley did not win everything in 2008. purge. purge. purge. no more. a new world order. i'm gay