2010 MISAO WINNERS

Cool I got some votes :)
Can someone elaborate whether if a game has already been in the running for one year, are they permitted to run for another?
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
don't worry everyone. the underground "shmup foundation" assures you there will be blockbuster releases this year.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
most of the people I talked to had no idea misao voting was even happening. iirc previous years it was really obvious when it was misao time. seems like a reasonable move to have MISAO VOTING NOW VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GAMES to be plastered across the front page or a mass PM to all users but I suppose those who didn't vote could be faulted for not seeing where the announcement(s) were posted. kind of obvious when 'rtp castle' beats alter aila for best atmosphere that there was a lack of awareness, thus leaving the door open for any game creator to spam the misao link to his or her gaia online friends and win xD. idk I am not complaining about who won because, you know, LAXIUS POWER SYNDROME, but I'd advise this event be made a little more visible next year. gomen >_<
I must be blind. I thought there were no Misaos this last year.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
MISAO VOTING NOW VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GAMES

There was a reminder at the top of the page where it now says "RMN in the New Year", right next to the word "Important". It's not the staff's fault if people don't read the headlines.
Yeah, it seemed pretty clear to me that Misaos were still going on. There was a notice on the main page, it still says Misao between Podcast and Event where if you click on it it clearly said 2010, and the vote button is still on every page. Anyone who thought there were no Misao must not have bothered to do much research to see if they were still going on.

Also, maybe some people didn't cast votes because they never actually played/completed many games.

How do you know if your games got votes?
author=KingArthur
There was a reminder at the top of the page where it now says "RMN in the New Year", right next to the word "Important". It's not the staff's fault if people don't read the headlines.

Maybe the headlines need to be more noticeable.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I love how Cosplay Crisis got a vote for best Non-RPG, despite being an RPG.
author=KingArthur
i never even noticed it until this post

definitely could do with being more noticeable
author=KingArthur

I think the biggest community event of the year could use a bit more fanfare than having it featured just like every other site announcement.
author=Link_2112
How do you know if your games got votes?

http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2010/

This page itself already tells you if your game got any votes. If it's not displayed, your game has no votes.
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=KingArthur
I think the biggest community event of the year could use a bit more fanfare than having it featured just like every other site announcement.
My thoughts exactly.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=Link_2112
Yeah, it seemed pretty clear to me that Misaos were still going on. There was a notice on the main page, it still says Misao between Podcast and Event where if you click on it it clearly said 2010, and the vote button is still on every page. Anyone who thought there were no Misao must not have bothered to do much research to see if they were still going on.
author=KingArthur
author=Link_2112

And I say again;

author=Feldschlacht IV
author=KingArthur

There's a difference between 'yeah it's going on just to let you guys know', and on the other hand, appropriate and excited and fanfare for the biggest community event of the year. Where's the excitement? Where's the festivity about it? Maybe next year, and its kinda our fault, but it certainly wasn't this year.
With this being my first Misao rewards, I was excited. Now, I'm slightly disappointed.
Alls I'm saying is that while this year wasn't terrible or anything (we got almost twice the votes we did last year), we should always be reaching higher for next year. Let's make the next one a real blast.
i'm going to do craze's job right here and say that the only way the misaos can be a blast is if there are enough (good) games to vote on so mak gams you guys

which is actually a pretty good motivation for me to finish my game. i'll get my misaos yet............
Here's another tidbit to chew on

author=Sailerius
author=undefined
Also, one thing I want to address is to stop talking shit on other communities. It's really tacky and all it does is alienate us from one another, thus making things smaller and turning individual sites into enclaves where we can't learn anything from one another.
I agree. We should try to mend our relationship with the other RM sites and encourage inter-community activities. The Misaos have historically been the one event that unites the disparate RM sites together, but I don't feel that happening anymore (largely since it's not one big event at the end of the year, there's no real draw anymore).

Although Craze is right, making games is the best way to go about it.

Don't make ass games.
I agree, I have no idea why some of you keep ragging on other hobby RPG game making websites.