WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
This morning my alarm went off for the second time. And my stupid not-really-awake brain thought, "I have to leave in about ten minutes to get to work on time... but wait, if I take a portal instead of driving, I can save time. OK, good, I can go back to sleep."

And that's the story of why I'm 20 minutes late to work.
I Wish I had a story to tell
I Wish I knew the story of the cardboard man,
Or the Talking filmcanister, Or the Spoon that Moved
I Wish I knew the one about the wise guru
Or the honest Lizard
I wish I knew about the dog that dressed like a cat,
Or the mule that walked like rock
Or the tornado who swam like a statue of Carmen Miranda
I Wish I knew all these stories or had the inclination to make them up
I Wish I could sit on soft pillows and drink molten lava
I Wish I could make love to the sky
I Wish I could eat the corn of Joy and Sorrow
I Wish the sky was green and my body was bright blue
I Wish I could talk sideways and backwards
I Wish I could drive the tractor of Innocence and return the the life I never
knew
I Wish I could drink chocolate champaigne
I Wish I had that Fax Number
I Wish I nothing could mean something and that everbody could have everything
Some wishes come true
Some of this wishes will come true
Others, are destined to become dreams deferred,
Shriveling up like grapes with sun tans,
But all is not lost,
No, all is not lost, not yet
I Wish I had 3 eyes, but of course, I have 3 eyes
I have clairvoyant paranoia
I have precognitive dissonance
I have many other ways of seeing at my disposal
I have a garbage disposal, dinner plans and dog biscuits
I have many many options and a strong sense that freedom comes within
But I shall never find it
Freedom is lost, Failure is just around the corner and the only thing that
Consoles me is the sound of my voice, and the fact that I don't cut myself
Shaving as I used too

but then, I don't shave as often as I used too, either.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I am not making any progress on anything... :((
I want to make this shirt but I am worried that people might call me childish. My friend said it's a free country, but I am still kinda hesitating... :-?

The puppy we're going to adopt soon.

Was just born about six months ago, and we're moving into a new, clean house that's large enough for it to run around in. We already have a grown up dog and two cats the pup can play around with. Can't wait!
author=seiromem
http://i.imgur.com/riGu8p3.jpgRequired reading everyone!

I think people are vastly overeager to draw lines between themselves and "normal people"

inventing afflictions and so on that can then be used as crutches and excuses

the truth is that there is no such thing as the archetypal extrovert who makes friends without trying and never doubts his actions and is always comfortable in every situation and always enjoys speaking and being spoken to and so on

and while this image tries to appeal to other people to be understanding and compassionate, it demonstrates an incredible lack of understanding and compassion itself when it comes to other people

deep down, everyone is cold and afraid and lonely and desperate and uncomfortable. everything social is done with a conscious effort and a constant fear of getting it wrong, no matter who you are.

and most importantly, no one's life is a hollywood movie. assuming by default that other people simply have it easier than you is immensely harmful to yourself and to others, and might actually contribute to the feeling of isolation that you categorize as introversion

and yes, everyone is different, but isn't that all the more reason not to try and divide the whole of humanity between two imaginary extremes?
let's talk personality types for a second. the first secret is that the four-letter myers-briggs codes aren't actually a measure of personality type! they only exist to broadly represent how someone sees information and makes decisions.

• the first character reflects how the test-taker prefers to learn and process information -- simply put, it's the ideal circumstance for mentally organizing all the details of a situation. Extroverts do it best in a social environment where things can be discussed, while Introverts like things nice and quiet so they can hear themselves think. I do this best when I don't exist, so I'm M, for Metaverted.
    (while it's popular to phrase the E/I dichotomy as a difference in "charge" or "energy", this explanation is often taken grossly out of context. it doesn't mean that you can only engage in so much social interaction in a day before shutting down like a battery-powered robot.)
  • the second character represents how a person focuses, and how they prefer information to be organized. Sensing types like everything lined up neatly one after the other, while iNtuitive types prefer sort of a cloud structure with a focus on free association. I like my information where it can't sneak up on me, so I'm Alert.
  • the third character denotes how someone prefers to arrive at a decision. Thinking types like to have fairly firm, objective standards to work from, while Feeling types will tailor their standards to the situation and give a lot of thought to causes and motives and so on. I don't even know what the fuck, so I'm Wondering.
  • the last character is for the person's approach to a complex or unordered system. Judges prefer things to be ordered, and this desire for order motivates them. Perceivers enjoy the change in perspective, and are motivated by the possibility of a new discovery. I hate complexity. I get rid of it. I'm a K, for Killer.

so my m-b type is M-A-W-K -- Metaverted-Alert-Wondering-Killing

basically what I'm saying is that a lot of misconceptions about psychology and social dynamics stem from people taking fairly narrow and academic terms and applying them to a much wider range of categories than they were ever intended to fit. it's a little like how some people are really proud of their high IQ score, despite an IQ test only being able to measure certain types of reasoning and being an average value besides. if you think you were born to be hopeless in social situations -- chin up! you weren't. if you feel horribly out of place among people, you just haven't found the right people yet. it gets better as long as you try, I promise.

e: I should mention that I'm not even remotely an authority on the myers-briggs type indicator test! odds are I've misrepresented a couple of the categories. feel free to correct me.
That summary looks about right.

I'm fairly sure the Big Five traits would be closer to a measure of personality (Openness to experience, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, Neuroticism).

This was a message from your resident generic psychology student. You know, one of the nutcases.
I'm really glad I'm not studying psychology because people are fucking weird and I'd just be all "???????" for the entire length of my career

I like that people are weird, though. it's fun!
author=seiromem
http://i.imgur.com/riGu8p3.jpgRequired reading everyone!

Wow, is just like hunting a deer, Seriously? I consider myself introverted, and I wouldn't like people to have a dummies guide of how to get near me, what's with that, is not like I am going to explode if they don't follow the protocol, thing is I am a terrible at starting a conversation or letting chitchat to grow in something bigger, because chitchat is not really my thing (I wonder if it someones thing, most seems somehow uncomfortable with it XD), though that is not excuse to close myself in a hamster ball whenever I can and push away all the people that don't follow the damn "steps", that is not only being introverted but anti-social by not seeing others point of view, which I also like the benefits of being anti-social but it also have many cons like the very fact of not knowing how to develop on societies.
yeah, I think that's the biggest thing that weirds me out about that image. it seems really self-obsessed to make a step-by-step checklist representing the ~*~proper way~*~ to deal with you because you're such a special snowflake that you require that kind of unique treatment.

introversion is just preferring less company. it isn't an excuse to be unpleasant to other people, and other people aren't somehow being inconsiderate or rude by not recognizing that you're a special person who needs special treatment.

(it isn't unreasonable to wish that someone would leave you alone, but it really is weird to think of friendly behaviour as some sort of attack.)

long story short, being introverted isn't some kind of mental condition. it's a rough term for a certain sort of personality trait, and personalities change drastically over time and depending on your circumstances and so on.
Oh, Mawk, you and your fancy words.

author=Mr_Detective
I want to make this shirt but I am worried that people might call me childish. My friend said it's a free country, but I am still kinda hesitating... :-?

Eh, who cares what other people think. If it looks good on you, go and flaunt that shit. Besides, Mega Man is the mutherfukin' boss! And the chicks might think you look a little cute with wearing something like that. ;)

It's not as bad as seeing people in their 30's wearing a MLP shirt in the middle of a shopping mall. *shutters*
I have always wanted to walk on streets with a t-shirt of cirno and a big nine in a circle Mr_Det, so in case people shout me that I'm an idiot, it would make me even happier.
three quarters of fashion is just looking confident and comfortable in whatever you're wearing. that shirt isn't something I'd wear, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Yeah, people these days are too bloody oblivious to what's even going in front of them. I doubt they would really care.

that, and also if you act embarrassed people will think you have something to be embarrassed about. if you act as though you're meant to be doing whatever you're doing, though, they'll be embarrassed to think you look dumb.

a lot of people's day to day opinions are just based on what they think people should be doing. roles and so on. just convince them you're doing what you should be doing and they won't be able to complain.