WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Just contacted tech support over at RPG Maker Web to see if I can get help with my dilemma. Due to the hardware reconfiguration I had RMXP needed to be redownloaded, reinstalled, and activated again... Except I can't activate it since I can't find my 8-year old purchase confirmation e-mail and they changed the store system so I had to create a completely new store account.

At least I was able to get VXAce up with no problems, but I need XP to finish Pokemon RMN Version. :(

I'm so sad right now.
Puppies, kittens, owls? No, you fools, HONDURAN TENT BATS!

Anyways, I seriously want to know how the writers of this random GameInformer magazine I have settle on scores like 9.25 or 6.75 out of 10. I mean, multiply by four to get rid of the decimals, and a 9.25 is a 37/40 as opposed to a 36/40. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE????? I can't even understand how people settle on a 2, 3, or 4 out of 10, let alone these shenanigans!
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.

I'm not amused.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Let us only express our emotions through the mighty owls.
I've seen mentions of the Atelier series in a lot of places, and I'm now thinking about getting into the series. Thing is, there's, like, a million of these things. Anyone care to share their opinions about the various games in the series?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=seiromem
Let us only express our emotions through the mighty owls.
Way ahead a'ya.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=unity
author=kentona
Think that's bad? Try making them by foot!
Okay, I will!

*Here lies unity. Died when falling out of a chair backwards trying to draw. X-rays show a stylus in the deceased's skull. *

Well...I play piano by ear. :-P When I make sprites, I eyeball it (What would make a good graphic for that one?).

author=Corfaisus
author=Corfaisus
On an oldies horror movie binge.
I'm having a hard time deciding what to watch next between 1922's Nosferatu or 1929's Phantom of the Opera.

Both are awesome, though Phantom of the Opera was 1927. For those movies, for me, it comes down to, "Which horror actor do you want to watch more: Lon Chaney or Max Shrek?"
author=pianotm
author=unity
author=kentona
Think that's bad? Try making them by foot!
Okay, I will!

*Here lies unity. Died when falling out of a chair backwards trying to draw. X-rays show a stylus in the deceased's skull. *
Well...I play piano by ear. :-P When I make sprites, I eyeball it (What would make a good graphic for that one?).
I have a nose for such things, myself.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Did not expect my opinion that art is more important than artists to start such a flame war. I'm not sure why I didn't expect that, because I certainly phrased it in a pretty inflammatory way. Sorry kentona, I don't come here to make your site unpleasant on purpose, I'm just an unpleasant and confrontational person apparently? Plz no ban?
oh, don't dismiss it as a flame war. your Randian bullshit was shredded to pieces in that thread, and if I see again I'm gonna demolish you a second time.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I was attempting to not start it back up, thanks.
Yanno, I'm still confused about something from that thread: What are people stealing and putting on their game pages? I mean, if you're going to upload an image, it'd be either a screenshot or a concept artwork pertaining to something in the game, right? Are people just googling random artworks and claiming that they have some relevance to something in their game? Like, just putting up a random painting of a castle and saying "dis is da castle u go to in ma gaem!1!!" or something? I don't quite get it.
pianotm
Just read that thread. Was shocked. My views on piracy are similar to LockeZ's, but clearly our evaluation of materials and "tools" are worlds apart.

If you write an article about a local business that has celebrated 100 years of operation, you need sources. These sources can include federal documentation and licensing, interviews with people directly associated with the business in question, passages in books referring to the business in question and passages from other articles. You do not need pay for any of these things. You do need to cite your source. In federal law, this is called "Fair Use".

Fair Use also applies to any form of media. Video games and movies might refer to such fair use as "stock material". The point is that with any fair use, the viewer, reader, or other client benefiting from what you are offering must be able to trace the source. Example: the end credits of Star Trek V reveals that the film uses stock footage from Star Trek IV. It doesn't tell you who created that artwork, but it doesn't have to. You know it was from Star Trek IV, so you only need to watch the end credits to that movie to find out. In this way, everyone has been credited even though names aren't necessarily mentioned.

But that is the key to fair use. You MUST cite your sources. Failure to do so is stealing.

Again, like I have said in other threads, I wrote a short story and posted it in Creative Corner as a sample of my writing, you know in case someone may want to hire my writing services for his or her own game, you at least have a sample of what I can do and my style. That work is mine, but because I have put it out in the public, I can't stop you from taking it and posting it anywhere you want. One very important thing though: if you fail to cite who wrote it, and I find out, I can cause all kinds of legal trouble for you. I've done it before, and if you think I won't do it to you, try me. This is the essence of fair use. I can't stop you from posting my story on other websites and blogs, but I can make you put my name on it. I can prove it's mine. That's all that's needed to enforce copyright.

After reading those rules, I must absolutely agree with Liberty. As long as this site doesn't fall into the anti-piracy mania that has gripped our corporate society, there is no danger. So far, all this rule does is enforce Fair Use. It's only asking to cite our sources, which we are supposed to do anyway.
I think we had enough of the Art and You thread for one day. Please don't spread it here tia.
pianotm
author=GreatRedSpirit
I think we had enough of the Art and You thread for one day. Please don't spread it here tia.

Oh, sorry. Didn't know it existed til I read about it here. Said my piece. Leaving it alone.
Don't sweat it, LockeZ. You know the saying: "No man is a prophet in his own land." One day, when we move beyond this work=money=eat paradigm, and robots do all our chores, we'll be able to live only for the games. ;v; ...Until robots rise up, that is. Then we're screwed. =/