HEY... NEW HERE :) WELL, KINDA

Pages: 1
Hey, I'm Nick. Apparently I've had an account registered here for some time now, and I never took the time to introduce myself. From what I've seen of the community here, it's a very welcoming place (as opposed to a place like "YouTube", where everyone's favorite pass-time is apparently flaming people non-stop). So, trying to become more active around here :) I'm currently working on two projects right now. The first is... Actually probably not much of a game. About one third of it are "cutscenes" and the rest is gameplay. I've always been a fan of games with a heavy storyline (Metal Gear Series is a good example, with their hour long cutscenes, lol), so that's ultimately what I want to release. The second game is just a short project to release and get feedback on; mainly to see if it would be worth my time to release something to an audience as broad as the internet, or stick to a select group of personal friends.

Also, sorry if anyone comments or posts on my account and I don't respond for a while; In a week I'm leaving and won't have any contact with... Well anything for around two months, roughly. And I'm not on the internet that much as it is. But rest assured, I will not ignore you. Just might take some time before you get a response :/
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Well have a great time here, see you (on and off...), and welcome!
Hiya, Nick! Welcome to RMN!
Would posting a picture of Maya saying"Hey Nick!" be considered as an image macro?
Well, less internet less distractions to work on your projects, so good luck and welcome to the RMN Comminuty ;).
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome NicholasC4!
I'm glad you think this place seems inviting, that's the feeling I'm sure the owner as well as the majority of the community want!

Can't wait to see your projects, cheers!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Gourd_Clae
Would posting a picture of Maya saying"Hey Nick!" be considered as an image macro?

I'm no expect, but I suspect the answer to this query is "yes".
author=Marrend
author=Gourd_Clae
I'm no expect, but I suspect the answer to this query is "yes".

That's what I thought...
author=chana
Well have a great time here, see you (on and off...), and welcome!

author=MrChearlie
Well, less internet less distractions to work on your projects, so good luck and welcome to the RMN Comminuty ;).

Ha ha very true, not having internet at my house helps me to stay focused on my project(s) (currently have to drive out to the library for internet). Although, I also have ADD, so... 'Ya know how that goes. Lol

author=InfectionFiles
Welcome NicholasC4!
I'm glad you think this place seems inviting, that's the feeling I'm sure the owner as well as the majority of the community want!

Can't wait to see your projects, cheers!

I'm just hoping they're still as warm when I get around to releasing something. I've heard, from several different sites, people complaining about some RM games having more scenes than actual gameplay, and I'm afraid that's how mine are. Lol. I've contemplated releasing a serious of projects (of the same "Game") in "episodes" around half an hour each. With breaks every so often so you can save the game and not have to restart the whole scene. It would be similar to the visual novels I imagine (never actually DL'd one). How do you think that would go over here?
Youtube comments are the best.

Welcome to RMN! Contribute lots!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
As for visual novels, the good ones, and some were really great, had tremendous success here (look at games, under Visual Novel).
Welcome ^-^
I'm relatively new as well, I can't wait to see your projects and hope you have a wonderful life on and off here
Welcome! This community is pretty great, everyone is pretty respectful of eachother, and bluntly honest. It's a great combo.
Pages: 1