NICOB'S LET'S TRIES/PLAYS! *REQUEST YOUR GAME HERE!*

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'm looking for games with at least SOME SENSE OF QUALITY. This means no fan games where Cloud and Sonic team up to defeat Frieza.

is this supposed to be racist

j/k

It's cool you're doing this. I want to get back into LT/LP, but I'm so busy usually ;3;
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Yeah, I meant to say that : very neat PO. For the first of the four, that minigame was hard! I actually liked the game, it was pretty full of inventive ideas, the story was a bit cut up though.
Thx guys, although I don't appear to be getting any requests.... : ' (
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
You can go ahead and try Aetherion if you like. It's short and we've been looking for peoples' thoughts on it.
I think these are pretty well done, I really like your commentary.

I'm nervous as hell to request my game, but I do believe it could go a long way to help me improve it for the next version (as well as the sequel). I just released a new version a couple days ago, and am hoping to hell I didn't create any new bugs while fixing old ones. The old version is available just in case, and the bug list for that version is available for viewing on the game's page. Here are some details that may help you decide if it may be worth trying out:

Fragile Hearts
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2662/
-Comedy game, leans more towards delivering a funny story than offering innovative or edgy gameplay, but I did try my best to reach a happy medium of balance while consulting my testers.
-No random battles.
-Uses the standard 2k3 battles (which will hopefully change in the future, as I'm already reworking battles for the sequel and hope to transfer some ideas over).
-5-7 hours in length.
-I believe with this game, you'll pretty much know within the first 10 minutes whether you'll love it or hate it.

The audio problems you were having seem to be fixed now, which is good because much of the comedic timing in the game is reliant on the sound and music cues.
Alright, I've added both Aetherion and Fragile Hearts to the Let's Plays. ^ ^ GIVE ME MORE!!
If you're up for suggestions, why not try out Metal Gear Solid: Lunacy of Legion?
I'd love to see a Let's Try/Play if you find the time.
Things to note:
- It's a pretty much story-independent Metal Gear Solid-game.
- Action RPG very much like Zelda, unlike traditional RPGs.
- Sneaking!
- It's comedic.
Actually, I've never really gotten any feedback on my very first game ever: Outlaw City

I'd be interested to see that!
I actually want to see your reactions to Princess Princess <:3c
Things to note:
- It's made with the trial version and made in 25 hrs orz
Whooooah, I just noticed this thread (yay frontpage). Thanks for featuring EJ in your new Let's Try series NicoB! I just finished the 6th video. To answer some of your thoughts that came up so far:

Even though they're not terrible noticeable early on, yes, the stats have been reworked since the first release. They mainly effect things like damage across magic skills, new abilities like "First Blood," numerous boss changes like Dredge spawning "Sludgelings." You'll see most of the changes later on when characters get more magic skills, but since you didn't get that far, you probably won't notice them. Problematic areas like Isis Tower have been balanced, and there's a lot of visual and story fixes too. I wanna say it's a good thing that you haven't noticed anything significantly problematic so far.

Battles and things will start to pick up more when you get to Firam. I chose to design the first few areas to ease you into everything.

author=Craze
maybe pepsiotaku will actually be receptive to you

btw I hate this game and LPing it made my dislike grow more ferociously

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Most of the changes in the latest version were due to your LT videos/review. I would say I was pretty receptive considering your tone of those. In fact, the first thing I changed was to follow your "numbers" guide in updating most of the skill stats, so "thanks" if that's what you're looking for.
Off-topic, but what "numbers" guide are you talking about? This intrigues me a bit if it balances out stats...

On-topic, I can't really say anything since there's really nothing I know of RPG Maker wise for games. I'm tempted to request my own game, but don't think that'd be a good idea so I won't @_@
@Zephyr: I love MGS, and your game actually looks pretty slick. ADDED!
@Anaryu: You pretty much always make awesome games. ADDED!
@Ness: You're art...so good... *heart attack. I've actually been wanting to play this too. ADDED!
@PepsiOtaku: No problem, bro. I thought your game would be a good one to start with, since it has some good comedy and some lovely mapping. I am enjoying it so far, and look forward to playing more.

EJ - Part 7 - WAIT, WHAT KIND OF FRUIT??

I actually have more videos pending, but for some reason the next video has an enormous file size, and I'm struggling to upload it.
Ok, why not, I'll toss my game out there. It's about an hour long.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2322/
I'll throw mine in,
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3378/

It's technically a completed game but it was thrown together for a contest on rmxp.net (or possibly org at the time) several years ago. Either an LP or an LT would likely be appropriate for it. I think it's too long for an LT, though.
author=Xenomic
Off-topic, but what "numbers" guide are you talking about? This intrigues me a bit if it balances out stats...

On-topic, I can't really say anything since there's really nothing I know of RPG Maker wise for games. I'm tempted to request my own game, but don't think that'd be a good idea so I won't @_@

This one!

It's useful if you want attacks to have a wider range of damage. Use in combination with attributes on characters/enemies. I wrote sort of a follow-up about adjusting those %'s to use one skill for both enemies and players with varying stats.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Oh, no wait, it was a great game (that screenshot brought it back)!
Legend of Zelda, Dungeon Adventure, and Glacia have been added! ^ ^

Some more EJ videos are up!

Part 8 - DOUBLE RAINBOW, ALL THE WAY!

Part 9 - GET IN MY BELLY!

Part 10 - SPIDER GANG BANG
Haha! I didn't think you were going to survive the fight with the spiders! I'm going to give you a couple tips because I'm afraid you're going to overlook this. There are two kinds of swords you can pick up:

The top one is for swords that only Sparrow can use. The bottom one with a "P" is for swords that both Sparrow and Phillip (or just Phillip) can use. For example, Phillip can equip the Cutlass in his 2nd hand, giving him 2 attacks each round (fist and sword).

Second, if you find yourself low on items, steal more! You always have a 100% to get an item when you steal (since it requires a full turn to use), so you're missing some extra loot you can grab from enemies.

Finally, you missed a fun Gloomshade Forest boss secret:
With both of the above in mind, you could have stolen the dagger from the Backstabber's arm. Thank Mr.Nemo for that idea. :)
It's a weapon specific to Phillip that both gives him some extra attack and has a chance to inflict Sleep.
Started Aetherion:

Part 1 - WHERE'S MY GUNBLADE?!

Part 2 - HELLO VANDEL...I MEAN SOLI...WAIT WHO ARE YOU?

Part 3 - BUTTERFLIES MURDER EVERYONE!!

Part 4 - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN IS TRYING TO KILL ME