LOOKING FOR A PATCH FOR THE ATB BAR.

Pages: first 12 next last
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
I’m wondering if there is a patch or something out there that can help fix the slow speed of RPG2003s ATB gage.

I know this is a common problem so I’m sure there’s a patch out there, I just haven’t been able to find one yet. Thanks in advance.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Sorry, people only care about MOAR PICTURES, MOAR GLYPHS and MOAR CURSOR. You should be making a CBS; if you use the DBS, you're obviously doing it wrong and nobody will play your game.
Craze
That doubles the speed of the ENTIRE GAME, correct, and does not directly affect the ATB?
author=Craze
Sorry, people only care about MOAR PICTURES, MOAR GLYPHS and MOAR CURSOR. You should be making a CBS; if you use the DBS, you're obviously doing it wrong and nobody will play your game.

*yawn*

Look into the 20xx engine. The DBS isn't written yet, but it will be overhauled.
masterofmayhem
If that’s the case is there a conversion to turn the DBS turn based instead?
Someone could always write a patch for DynRPG too. I doubt that the 20xx engine ever being completed.
author=masterofmayhem
If that’s the case is there a conversion to turn the DBS turn based instead?

I'm pretty sure I saw a patch like that. Perhaps it was for DynRPG? Anyway, I would look into it and see what it can do for you. :)
author=PepsiOtaku
Someone could always write a patch for DynRPG too. I doubt that the 20xx engine ever being completed.

I wouldn't write off 20XX just yet. But is there someone who could help WC finish it?
Craze
Feldschlacht IV
author=PepsiOtaku
I wouldn't write off 20XX just yet. But is there someone who could help WC finish it?

why
There is a turn-based patch for rm2k3.

http://www.CherryTree.at for all your 2k3 utility needs.
masterofmayhem
author=NewBlack
There is a turn-based patch for rm2k3.

http://www.CherryTree.at for all your 2k3 utility needs.

That's nice but I can't read German.
masterofmayhem
Umm... yes? Not quite sure what I’m looking for though. The name of the patch might be a nice touch.
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-1900/tbbpatch_demo.rar

There you go.

Extract and play the rpg_rt.exe inside the project folder for instructions.
masterofmayhem
That's much better. Thank you.
Increasing the battle speed would be one line of code in a DynRPG plugin...

(Sorry, I do not have time at the moment to do it, but there are already many others who can most likely do it. Hint: RPG::battleSpeed)
author=Cherry
Increasing the battle speed would be one line of code in a DynRPG plugin...

(Sorry, I do not have time at the moment to do it, but there are already many others who can most likely do it. Hint: RPG::battleSpeed)

Someone please do this.

Can you add a plugin like that to someone else's game? Probably yes, just curious. Would it depend on what kind of patches they use?
They would need to use the DynRPG patch, which is probably not the case in 99.9% of the cases at the moment :-)

(Hmm, I *do* have another idea, which would work with other people's games too... but I don't have time to do it at the moment, sorry
)
On the topic of the turn-based system, I'm actually trying to figure out how to get to whatever line of code determines how fast enemy turns go. The default is a little too slow for my tastes and I'd like to speed it up. But I'm not sure whether to look in the code for it. I looked in ResHack, but couldn't find anything. More than likely I'm just using the wrong program, but I'd appreciate any direction to help with this.

... wow, actually sorry for the total hijack. Though... I guess it is related to speeding up the battle system. :x
Pages: first 12 next last