GOING…GOING…GONE!!!

Pages: first prev 123 last
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I didn't say it equates to the quality of the game, but that if so many people enjoy it, it's got to have some qualities.
author=chana
but that if so many people enjoy it, it's got to have some qualities.

Twilight.

That is all.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Ehhhhhh, Twilight does have good qualities as far as selling points go, though. OTL

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I hate Twilight with every fibre of my being, but it's about an average young girl with a role that the reader can easily slip into, and she's being romanced by two sexy dudes who are infinitely powerful and totally devoted to her. She also ends up super powerful, is well liked by her peers, and has an interesting adventure (a small adventure, but an adventure none the less!) that lots of bored teenage girls would love to have.

Does that make it "good?" No, no it does not. It's tripe. It's terrible. But it's entertaining to some people, and that's a "good" quality -- again, as far as sales and marketing goes.
author=Zeuzio
May I suggest a general topic for leaving/returning that's stickied in this forum?

A general arriving/leaving/returning/pleasesparemesomesympathy topic that's stickied on Welp would be a better idea... x)

Wait, what's this thread about anymore? xD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=alterego
Wait, what's this thread about anymore? xD

I thought it was about Brent leaving. No, scratch that. It's about people predicting that he'll be back in two or three months, or whatever. Personally speaking, this is the first time I've seen him leave. Though, he does seem to have a history of coming and going, from what I've been observing.
It’s not just that, but I’m also getting tired of seeing “bad quality” games take over the spotlight of the “good ones” that deserve the praise

lol I just noticed that Brent was the one who suggested the current featured game Super Mario RPG: Seven Sages
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
emmych
Ehhhhhh, Twilight does have good qualities as far as selling points go, though. OTL

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I hate Twilight with every fibre of my being, but it's about an average young girl with a role that the reader can easily slip into, and she's being romanced by two sexy dudes who are infinitely powerful and totally devoted to her. She also ends up super powerful, is well liked by her peers, and has an interesting adventure (a small adventure, but an adventure none the less!) that lots of bored teenage girls would love to have.

Does that make it "good?" No, no it does not. It's tripe. It's terrible. But it's entertaining to some people, and that's a "good" quality -- again, as far as sales and marketing goes.

I actually tried to make this exact argument to a group of friends this morning. They wouldn't let me.
I only see Brent's farewell post as something that indicates he's bored with this website, posting a long rant and venting everything out before saying goodbye.

Yeah, whatever. Bye, Brent.
Pages: first prev 123 last