STARCRAFT OR WARCRAFT III?

Pages: first 12 next last
Blizzard is now apparently hosting downloads of its games on its website. I know I may be opening a can of worms here, but I was wondering--which is worth more, Starcraft or Warcraft III?

Starcraft is cheaper, and comes with Brood War. Warcraft III is by itself.
I don't know, it depends what you want. One of them has more gameplay value, but I'd choose Starcraft. (I apparently like the Sci-Fi themes) But that's just me.

Also according to the price, one must be better than the other.
Starcraft is better, though. I think they are worth roughly the same monetarily - Starcraft + Exp == WCIII, if that's what you're wondering.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
Total Annihilation: Twilight is worth the most out of any RTS. :'(
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Starcraft is a way better game.
Starcraft hands down. It's the only RTS I've really really played until I dropped. Grab it now.
I have won a few tournaments of WCIII:TFT, so im biased lol.

With Warcraft its more about unit micro, and using your heros.

Starcraft, not having heros, is more about macro (multitasking your units AND BASE)

For me, WCTFT has better custom games, and the ladder matches are very fun. But the thing that really seperates WC from SC, is Heros. I think Heros makes WC > SC.
I hated the whole Heroes concept in WCIII. I'm trying to play an RTS here, not an RPG, thank you very much.

(I just hate micromanaging individual units)
I would play Starcraft. But then again i would chose WCIII.

Good Starcraft:
-Better RTS
-You really need skill
-It been on t.v.

Bad Starcraft:
- 2-D (I dont really had 2-d. But playing WCII makes the 2-d thing bad)
Thats all.

Good Warcraft:
- 3-D
- Heroes
- EXP
- Organized (Troopes goes into like a type of lines)

Bad Warcraft:
- No need of skill
- Not on T.V
- another remake of Starcraft
thats all.

So really i chose Starcraft...

EDIT: Thx harmonic. but i still chose Starcraft!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
The original RTS of blizzard was Warcraft 1.
I never got into warcraft III... I liked Warcraft II better. But out of all of them Starcraft wins. Hands down.

Can't wait for Starcraft II.
WC and SC are both on tv in Korea, and other parts of the world. Not sure how that should affect your choice at all but...
author=SEimagery link=topic=1122.msg16678#msg16678 date=1210867012
WC and SC are both on tv in Korea, and other parts of the world. Not sure how that should affect your choice at all but...

Hold it! Are you saying that there's actual shows based on SC and WC airing around the world? Or are they simply broadcasts of international tournaments? If they're the former, that's pretty awesome.

Also, I vote for SC as well. I like WCIII, but SC's units are really cool. Hmm... *Ponders about space Dwarves*
The latter, I believe. Its just those wacky Koreans and that Starcraft is a national sport over there (I think).
Starcraft is a national sport there... and I'm sure Starcraft II will join its predecesor as a Korean national sport.
Yes it is tournaments that are prodcasted.

LOL also, google this shit: MyM]Moon, and Sky (two famous WCIII PLAYERS) are carrying the olympic torch in the olympic games this summer LMFAO. Nerds are gonna barely be able to jog. Hehe =P
Starcraft i find to be way better. I hated mostly everything about warcraft III.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture

Point 1: 2D is far superior to 3D. Godsdamn kids these days.
Point 2: There is nothing "wacky" about Starcraft being a pro sport.

THIS GAME IS MORE VALID THAN THAT GAME BECAUSE IT USES BALLS
author=Quiversee link=topic=1122.msg16712#msg16712 date=1210880121
and I'm sure Starcraft II will join its predecesor as a Korean national sport.

lol that'll be hard to believe. Blizzard isn't the same as before and I'll be suprised if they can even reach the same surface as the original starcraft in perfection. I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 and all, but I'm sure alot of koreans will still stick to Starcraft due to nostalgia or the idea that Blizzard isn't making Starcraft with 3D graphics with no extra new units.

It's like trying to make a sequel to chess with new units and perhaps small new rules.
You make a very good point, Darken.
Pages: first 12 next last