WANT TO EDIT YOUR GAME'S ENTIRE TEXT ALL AT ONCE? SIMPLE + EASY -- DREAMAKER (RM2K/3/XP TEXT EXTRACTOR TOOL)

Pages: 1
EDIT: Thanks to MarcL for realizing what I was looking for and posting the download. You can get DreaMaker here: http://www.rpga.info/forum/showthread.php?p=455591

It will say german when you download it, but it is in english. Click and drag the DreaMaker.exe to your game folder. Simply follow steps 1 and 2, Then open up the dialogue.txt notepad file and edit your text, (save over the old dialogue file) and then follow steps 3 and 4 to replace your maps. ALWAYS CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR GAME JUST IN CASE. If you are running Windows Vista/7, make sure you are right clicking everything and running as administrator so that DreaMaker can make the necessary folders/file operations.

Good luck.

Old post: Hey guys. Back in the day there used to be a tool (I believe I got it from one of GamingWorld's tool threads) that would extract all the rm2k3 text into a wordpad file, allowing you to say, edit the entire game's text and then re-inject it back into the maker.

It made changing character's names and so forth really easy in long projects.

Does anyone remember the name of this tool, (I think it started with a D...) and can someone link me to it?

Thanks for any help.
-Stedar
author=benos
rmtext

http://archeia.leafo.net/downloads/RMText.zip

It might work.

Thank you for the help, but that isn't the tool I am looking for. :|
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
Stedar, you posted this on the Starless Umbra forums a while back. They are down now but I have a backup of the database which I could try to filter through to find the old URL.
Did I? I mean I had that tool at one point. I can't even recall when I would have lost it. If you have a sec, sure! Thanks!
Yeah, not there. I have been looking everywhere and no one seems to have it. My problem is solved though, as I just manually went through and changed everything that needed to be changed.

It's a shame though because I remember when I decided to change the message speed (and make it a variable) in EVERY single text spot in the game, it was super helpful.

But I'm sure if someone else reads this, knows what I am talking about, and has it... It would totally be helpful for anyone still using '2k3.
author=Stedar
But I'm sure if someone else reads this, knows what I am talking about, and has it... It would totally be helpful for anyone still using '2k3.

That's right ;) I guess you could be thinking of DreaMaker
http://www.rpga.info/forum/showthread.php?p=455591

I hope it works for you, I tested it once and after one hour of work I tried reimporting the text file and it wouldn't work...
I am also doing a translation of my project and I think translating a game in the maker isn't that much more work... well nevermind... just give it a try ^^
YESSS THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!

THANK YOU!
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
It would be nice, if you submit it to utilities, though.
Rave
Too bad that there's no such tool for VX Ace. Sounds very useful, and if it sounds useful, that's probably because it is.
author=Rave2010
Too bad that there's no such tool for VX Ace. Sounds very useful, and if it sounds useful, that's probably because it is.

Yeah, it saves you a lot of trouble from having to find every single little dialogue in every hidden nook and cranny of your game. It's REALLY useful. Changing names takes like 10 minutes in a huge project.
Rave
I hope someone will write such tool for VX Ace.
I used this tool and work well, if you don't add or remove
any line.
The only thing that can't export for edit are all the database texts
author=Stedar
Yeah, it saves you a lot of trouble from having to find every single little dialogue in every hidden nook and cranny of your game. It's REALLY useful. Changing names takes like 10 minutes in a huge project.

Any time I have a name I'm not sure about, I just use an empty Hero slot for it. That way I can change the name from the database be done like that *snaps fingers*.

Looks like a useful tool though!
thats exactly what I do, killerworlf. Even for towns, NPCs, quest or location names as well. Learned the hard way and this saved me lots of time.

This tool could be cool though, I've been thinking about adding some control codes (./ .!) to certain characters text and it would be a pain to dig it all up by hand.
If only VXAce has one like this ;_;
Rave
Yeah, but it should be just matter of reverse engineering Ace's save format (rvdata2) and then writing tool that can read it and save.

I can't do this myself, but I know what it takes.
Pages: 1