[HEADSET] RM2K3 SOUND AND BGM SPLIT?

Pages: 1
So normally I would not ask for assistance like this, but after troubleshooting for about 12 hours, I have not found any real solution on my own. Joy.

I just recently upgraded my setup to a new homebuilt rig, tons of power, plenty of memory. And while I was at it, seeing how my old mic had broke, I decided to upgrade my crappy mic to a headset as well, a Logitech H530 that works great until I fire up fraps and BAM. Fraps recorded exactly what I heard: The SEs played through the headset, and the BGM played through the desk speakers, which prevented them from being recorded.

For several hours, I tried tweaking the settings, but then I acedintally stopped getting mic recording, and then I just reverted the entire mess back to how it was before, with the high pitch beeps in the ear and the bgm playing put of the desk speakers. If anyone knows how to make the sound from the speakers go into the headset, I would be grateful but right now this Rocketfish 5.1 soundcard is driving me crazy with the Lps I want to get working on. Thank you very much.
What OS are you running?
If windows.. did you try changing the soundinput in the windows option?

Control panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > tab Playback, set your headsets as the main default device input.

Good luck though
I'm running Windows XP Pro sp3, so I'll try that again if need be. Was not perciscely successful last time I attempted it (Swapping from headset to sound card was a failure, and swapping input to headset resulted in the same problem as before.)
Note: MIDI is played in a different way than Wave. Have a look at the MIDI specific settings in your control panel!
author=Cherry
Note: MIDI is played in a different way than Wave. Have a look at the MIDI specific settings in your control panel!

AND~ That was the problem.Silly me should have realized it sooner. Alrighty, thanks for the help guys!
Pages: 1