RAINFALL: THE SOJOURN KICKSTARTER AD !

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Dyhalto
$19,000 is a lot for having accomplished nothing.

^^^
Well Ghost, at least you'll have to consider to give the money back to the higher end backers in the nearish future. As you're not bothering to respond/check out your kickstarter page since the announcement... Some of them are talking about suing you by the way.
author=RyaReisender
@mawk
I personally like to have at the very least graphics done before I start development. Especially for things like maptiles, the whole process of map design depends on the graphics you have available.

this is such an rpg maker thing wow
author=mawk
author=RyaReisender
@mawk
I personally like to have at the very least graphics done before I start development. Especially for things like maptiles, the whole process of map design depends on the graphics you have available.
this is such an rpg maker thing wow

Well it's easy to have the graphics done before if all you have to do is edit the RTP (if even that).

author=StarSkipp
Well Ghost, at least you'll have to consider to give the money back to the higher end backers in the nearish future. As you're not bothering to respond/check out your kickstarter page since the announcement... Some of them are talking about suing you by the way.

That would be hilarious.
arr pee gee maker vee ecks it's almost like cheating

e: I should mention that should his backers decide to sue, they would very much have a case! Kickstarter warns you about that before you submit a project. it asks that backers do this "only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project", but that's a matter of opinion.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=TFT
dude was a fraud from the start. it's so delicious to see all these derps who backed him feel entitled or shocked because they spent 20k on 2 mockups rotating in a video.

ghost is and always will be, just some poser who is too lazy and uncreative to produce anything, even with financial backing. the best part is him trying to blame the artist and the music guy. too much of a coward to take the blame. what a scumlord.

he should probably stick with rtp games, that is probably within his creative range.
author=TFT
my bro ghost trolled ya'll hard. got fat cash, then left ur mum with the bag. stay mad m8s.

When can we be expecting a demo of Rainbow Nightmare: Libra, brah?
TFT and I have organized a cooperative release between Rainbow Nightmare: Libra and Itte Kudasai! Mauuku-Kun YES!++ at the end of a large prerelease social advertising campaign starting in January 2014. You can expect a Reddit AMA shortly before the new year with our complete plans, but to give you a small taste we've been able to negotiate a very interesting deal with Bad Dragon and the creators of Vocaloid. Please stay tuned!
A better link on the responsibilities would be this one: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter+basics?ref=faq_subcategory#Acco

It's interesting that in fact the creators are legally obligated to fulfill their promises or give refunds if they can't fulfill them.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
a bad dragon videogame sounds

uh

filling
While it doesn't surprise me in the slightest this project failed, I do feel sorry for everyone involved, Ghost included.

Shit happens sometimes. Live and learn.
I don't feel sorry for Ghost in the slightest. He bit off more than he could chew and he's got only himself to blame.
I'm hoping that some of the backers take action and sue his ass, since he, from what I can tell, haven't made any effort to return any money.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Ghost, if you're still reading this:

I know I've given you a hard time about this project pretty much since the beginning, but I do not want to see you get sued. I can't see what your backers are saying but I don't doubt they can build a case against you.

Now isn't the time to vanish off the internet and hide, it's time to be accountable and transparent.

You should return all the money you have left, AND you need to explain in exhaustive detail exactly where all that money went. (Surely you kept careful track of this, right?)

Your backers will have a hard time believing that all the money is gone and all you have to show for it are some music tracks, half-completed art assets and no actual game. You need to take steps to ameliorate this, not run away.

If you can't explain where it all is, or why it all disappeared and you have nothing to show for it, then I wouldn't consider that using their money in good faith and yeah, they can and should sue you, because at that point it just looks like you're hiding the truth.

Do the right thing.
yeah, the way he skirts around the issue of money in the posts he did make (except to say that there wouldn't be a refund) probably goes the furthest in condemning him in his backers' eyes. it might not technically be their money anymore, but they're entitled to know exactly why you're not able to offer a refund at this point.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
$19000 for 3 mockups

Also I like how everyone was name dropped in Ghosts post including people unrelated to the project
Ghost arrives at work on a golden segway the next day looking a little bit sheepish
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Ocean
$19000 for 3 mockups

He's really an inspiration to us all.
2 cents: Anytime someone blames a god damn musician for a video game project failing (ONE THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ENGINE YET, BY THE WAY) is a shady asshole that never should have been given money in the first place.

Sorry to those that backed this guy, organize and sue!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Christ, is this the RM world's first actual lawsuit? Groundbreaking stuff. Took a HELL of a long while though!

author=Craze
a bad dragon videogame sounds

uh

filling

only if you're using a medium-large size one and a full tub of cum lube, otherwise you're probably better off sticking to a regular sized tentacle

i mean what
Let's cut the indignation and come back to reality. Nobody is going to sue anybody. This is the indie gaming scene, not corporate espionage. Each individual backer probably wouldn't amount anything higher than small claims court, and class action lawsuits are generally reserved for million dollar cases due to the organization involved. And then you have to find the guy and see him delivered to court.

Nah, Ghost got away with it. He's probably snorting coke off a hooker's ass in his new gold-lined Trump Tower condominium in downtown Las Vegas right now.