RMN ANIME

Pages: first prev 123 last
author=Archeia_Nessiah
for a moment, I thought we're discussing about how RMN can be translated into an anime.

Dibs on Liam O'Brien for my portrayal.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I would like to be a cat voiced by Ben Affleck
Well, I'm actually watching Psycho-Pass at the moment. If you love Gen Urobuchi's works (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero), you will love Psycho-Pass. And I love the story of this anime.

author=Yellow Magic
Lain's a bit of a strange anime in that I preferred it in the beginning when it made less sense. Didn't like how everything sorta fit in the end.

I got that feeling from Chaos;Head (series in the same franchise as Steins;Gate, which Natook mentioned). Except with Lain, I still found it to be a really good series even after everything started to fit together, while Chaos;Head got less interesting every time I saw a new episode.

We haven't really seen many anime movies mentioned in this thread...
The works of Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, was also the director of Paranoia Agent) are rather engaging: Perfect Blue messes with your brain, Paprika messes with your eyes, and Tokyo Godfathers... well, it's a nice movie, if not necessarily in the same league as the other two.
Makoto Shinkai (Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in our Early Days, Five Centimeters per Second, Hoshi no Ou Kodomo, and a bunch of short animations) makes really gorgeous animation. (Well, directs gorgeous animation except in the case of Voices of a Distant Star and his shorter works, where he did make them himself). Not a lot of plot diversity at first glance, as pretty much all of his works are variations on the theme of separation.
Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl who leapt through Time, Summer Wars) tends to have rather uncomplicated films, but they're still rather fun to watch.

author=Natook
karsuman considers my interests as "shonen tripe"

That's okay, my interests would probably be considered moeshit. Together we can account for everything karsuman hates.
author=Natook
author=Muninn
author=Natook
karsuman considers my interests as "shonen tripe"
That's okay, my interests would probably be considered moeshit. Together we can account for everything karsuman hates.
together

we can destroy the karsuman

tbf Toradora, Higurashi and Azumanga Daioh all have moe art styles (even if the characters are either deconstructions, like Toradora and Higurashi, or aren't used as excuses for lack of proper character development, like Azumanga Daioh) and at the very least Great Teacher Onizuka is a straight-up shounen anime.

Yes I admit I hate most anime because it often falls into the same traps time and time again - recycled characters both in personality and design, action overtaking plot, lifted storylines, the harem anime genre as a whole, sexualization of very young characters - the list goes on and on.

That said, the primary reason I am still willing to give shows a chance is because they still occasionally surprise me. This brings me to another recommendation.

Witchblade is a perfect example of the kind of anime I would usually just pass on. An anime interpretation of an American comic, you go in expecting ecchi shounen crap due to the the heroine's tremendous rack, and it turns out to have likable characters and an interesting storyline.
no no no, the best anime would be where everyone is equally badass in their own way and super cool with sunglasses and have awesome fucking powers and they just fight the whole time over some dumb broad with big tits

every anime has some kind of character I hate

anyone who produces anime needs to get on this idea pronto

e: in retrospect, this is exactly why I shouldn't make games
Pages: first prev 123 last