CHRONO TRIGGER GETS THE RE-RELEASE TREATMENT

Pages: first 123 next last
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

I'm hoping for a remake ala FF4DS instead of a port with some changes+retranslation ala FF4/5/6 Advance.

Of course, I'd easily buy either :(
I so posted mine first >:(
What the hell.

(Ignore this, I don't know.)
The scan Kotaku had made it look like it was just going to be a port. It's tough to make out (it's a horrible scan), but it looks an awful lot like a screen of the Telepods map at the Millenial Fair.

Either way, I'm hoping that if the series gets some good sales this time around we might be seeing a sequel soon.
author=Neophyte link=topic=1444.msg22589#msg22589 date=1214975677
I so posted mine first >:(
What the hell.

(Ignore this, I don't know.)

I was too slow making my post; I started mine before you posted yours. Let the mods sort it all out, that's what they're here for :P
(I'd suggest moving these posts into Neophyite's topic and erasing this one)

So, uh, efb

Also even if it just a port, anything is better than the PS1 port I own. I'd love to own a real copy of the game that doesn't lag whenver a battle starts.
author=Shadowtext link=topic=1444.msg22590#msg22590 date=1214975773
we might be seeing a sequel soon.

Did you perhaps come from the past? :P Chrono Cross exists you know. Anyway, I know what you mean by 'sequel' and really, the people that originally made Chrono Trigger all split up into different directions. And does there really need to be a direct sequel? Why can't it just be a stand alone game instead of being bumraped by Disney-thinkers? Heck even the guys who made Chrono Cross probably understood that.

Also I'm not suprised, SE cash in.
author=Darken link=topic=1444.msg22593#msg22593 date=1214976577
author=Shadowtext link=topic=1444.msg22590#msg22590 date=1214975773
we might be seeing a sequel soon.

Did you perhaps come from the past? :P Chrono Cross exists you know. Anyway, I know what you mean by 'sequel' and really, the people that originally made Chrono Trigger all split up into different directions. And does there really need to be a direct sequel? Why can't it just be a stand alone game instead of being bumraped by Disney-thinkers? Heck even the guys who made Chrono Cross probably understood that.

Also I'm not suprised, SE cash in.
I meant a sequel to the sequel. I own, have played, and am thinking about replaying Chrono Cross soon. But that doesn't mean I'm done with the series.

I want a sequel because I enjoyed the first and see plenty of potential for more to be done with the concepts presented in the game. Direct or spiritual, I don't care, but at least it's Squenix doing something besides Final Fantasy.

What am I supposed to be hoping for, exactly? Original IPs? I can't exactly expect much from Squenix there since no one but me bought TWEWY.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It's a port plus.
*Points to the "Square-enix, No more creative" games topic*... And thus, yet another forseen remake emerges. Not that I'm complaining, I have never played Chrono Trigger before, so it's like a brand new game to me!

I'm really interested to find out why everyone thinks it's so amazing. Well if it comes to Europe that is...
author=Little Wing Guy link=topic=1444.msg22654#msg22654 date=1215013156
*Points to the "Square-enix, No more creative" games topic*... And thus, yet another forseen remake emerges. Not that I'm complaining, I have never played Chrono Trigger before, so it's like a brand new game to me!

I'm really interested to find out why everyone thinks it's so amazing. Well if it comes to Europe that is...
It doesn't have to, really. DS games aren't region-protected, so if it's in a language you understand you can just order it online.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Coming out this holiday season in the US. Includes a new dungeon and a wireless multiplayer mode.

I'm calling it here: this is being put out because they are making a new Chrono game.
author=Shadowtext link=topic=1444.msg22652#msg22652 date=1215012393
http://kotaku.com/5021416/square-enix-confirms-chrono-trigger-ds

It's official, and it's North America-bound.

Holy $@&%#%^$!

This is awesome.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Fucken Square, should have put it on the PSP instead. Or PS3 as a remake. It seems pretty pointless putting like a 13-14 year old game onto a handheld with just one extra dungeon and a few little bits here an their.
author=WIP link=topic=1444.msg22663#msg22663 date=1215019371
I'm calling it here: this is being put out because they are making a new Chrono game.
Let's pray it's either coming out on the PS3 or 360.

I gotta agree with Tau, they should have added more to the game. They really could have done anything, other than just add a dungeon. Even if they are just making it to revive the series again, it still feels like they're being lazy about the whole process. There are so many things that could be added to enhance the game and tie up all the loose ends of the story.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I wonder if Chrono Trigger only went on the DS so Chrono Cross would go on the PSP. That way they wouldn't have to make a remake it because obviously people would be pissed seeing as the PSP could handle a lot more.
author=Tau link=topic=1444.msg22682#msg22682 date=1215029062
I wonder if Chrono Trigger only went on the DS so Chrono Cross would go on the PSP. That way they wouldn't have to make a remake it because obviously people would be pissed seeing as the PSP could handle a lot more.
If I had to guess, I would say that Chrono Trigger went DS because the DS has a bigger install base and the graphics are less of a step down from DS games than from PSP games, so graphics whoresplayers will be marginally less insulted.
author=Darken link=topic=1444.msg22705#msg22705 date=1215040163
DS prints money.

It'll be nice to stop the mockery of owning the PS1 version. What an awful port :( (and I played it since it was the best way to experience Chrono Trigger until I could get computer output on my TV)
WIP
author=Neophyte link=topic=1444.msg22675#msg22675 date=1215025677
author=WIP link=topic=1444.msg22663#msg22663 date=1215019371
Let's pray it's either coming out on the PS3 or 360.
I'll pray for the opposite. Fuck having a four year dev time.

Either way, yes it's almost a certifiable lazy port. I don't care so much about that as long as the port is decent. And I'll be able to own a good copy of the game.

author=Tau link=topic=1444.msg22674#msg22674 date=1215025090
Fucken Square, should have put it on the PSP instead. Or PS3 as a remake. It seems pretty pointless putting like a 13-14 year old game onto a handheld with just one extra dungeon and a few little bits here an their.
Go Square for thinking with their heads.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1444.msg22714#msg22714 date=1215043773
author=Darken link=topic=1444.msg22705#msg22705 date=1215040163
DS prints money.

It'll be nice to stop the mockery of owning the PS1 version. What an awful port :( (and I played it since it was the best way to experience Chrono Trigger until I could get computer output on my TV)

Man that gif is hilarious but I'm pretty sure that those should be yen notes and not U.S. dollars.
Pages: first 123 next last