REMINDER: FAKE/DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Pages: 1
...unless you have a babby.

Recently KisarethStudios has created a fake account (GarnetofAlexandria) to post a glowing review of Kisareth's commercial game Chronicles of a Dark Lord Something Something. This is bad. Do not do this.

As a result of this fraud, Kisareth has been permabanned and her games taken down.

I mean, being misleading with good reviews "from friends"/"my brother" for your own game is bad enough, but with a commercial game it's outright fraud. I want no part of this to be on RMN.

(On the subject of alt accounts - I know a small handful of people have them, but 95% of the time it is well-known or obvious, and definitely not used to such a despicable duplicitous degree (alliteration bonus point multiplier x4 + bonus points for it being after midnight on a Sunday)).

Don't do this kind of shit like posting reviews using fake accounts.
I guess I better retire Jude2 before I'm found out. I'm not very creative with my alternate usernames.
if you're at the point where this sort of fraud is a major part of your advertising process, I think you gotta admit that your project might have issues that go beyond PR.

also, everyone knows I'm Touchfuzzy's alt, right?
I thought there was something fishy about that commercial game review...
I'm going to make an alt account called Toppings. Nobody will ever figure it out.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
There goes my plans of trolling the forum with a dupe account.

On a serious note, making a dupe account to praise your game is just low. As if there isn't enough shady business with AAA game reviews! We don't need that shit here.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
You'd better close down those other 523 Ratties, man. This is getting serious.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

He should have thought ahead and used a different computer at a different ip address. Not only is it low, but not well thought out. I was at least use a public computer at a library or internet café to make sure the ip address couldn't be matched.
author=kory_toombs
He should have thought ahead and used a different computer at a different ip address. Not only is it low, but not well thought out. I was at least use a public computer at a library or internet café to make sure the ip address couldn't be matched.

You seem to have it all planned out.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=kory_toombs

In most forums, staff can use an IP comparison thingy to render such attempts moot. I don't know if this forum has it or not, though.
author=Ratty524
author=kory_toombs
In most forums, staff can use an IP comparison thingy to render such attempts moot. I don't know if this forum has it or not, though.

Kentona has tools beyond what modern science can even fathom. He'd know you were making such an attempt before you even thought of it.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
He once banned 30 billion IPs to slay the mightily annoying Thiago. He always gets his man!
Dang, now I suspect all the glowing reviews I see for this game on Amazon and all over the internet.
author=kory_toombs

I think it's a "she", at least that was what she claimed over at RRR before being banned for the exact same thing. She never learns.
Pages: 1