THE TOP RM GAMES OF ALL TIME

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'm gonna add:

6. Homework Salesman

to my list.
I updated the list up to Deacon Batista. As Archeia_Nessiah said, this list is looking to shape up like a good representation of the fan favorites of the site. Not that that's a bad thing, it just means that games that make a huge splash are more heavily weighted in the poll. I even considered renaming it "Top Favourite RM Games Of All Time" whilst creating the topic.

At the end of the day, I hope this list inspires people to play more games. I will continue updating it as people post their Top 10 lists.
@thatbennyguy - I noticed some of the fields aren't filled out on some entries (yet) and this bothers me because I am obsessive. I guess it takes a while though? Should people provide the creators for this to make it easier for you from now on? (for the record Lunacity is by Ocean a(with some art by Hirei) and Sore Losers is by Sated (F-G) Sundown Project is by Rhyme - Those are some of mine that I noticed weren't filled out yet)

Or maybe I am just being impatient D:
@NewBlack That's me filling out about 50 of the fields and just getting lazy. I'll do them all now just for you ;)
Yeah I can imagine it's tedious but I'm glad you're doing this thang - it's very interesting to see the aggregate scores. Maybe you should ask people to provide as much information as they can remember when they give their top ten?

Also ugh I just remembered a couple awesome games I could have put down but forgot about until now :<
author=NewBlack
Yeah I can imagine it's tedious but I'm glad you're doing this thang - it's very interesting to see the aggregate scores. Maybe you should ask people to provide as much information as they can remember when they give their top ten?

Yeah, I mean it's hard to fill in the details for particularly obscure games. Once I have updated the list, people can fill in the details if they really feel the need to.

Also ugh I just remembered a couple awesome games I could have put down but forgot about until now :<

You can post your new list if you want. Just don't overwrite the last list. I'll erase the points that your last list contributed, and just edit them with the new ones.
Thanks, but I'd have to decide who to ax in order to reshuffle, and that is hard to do :< so I MIGHT leave it.. I'll have to think about it.

Edit: okay I have made the tough decision, there's really just one big one (IMTS) I wanted to make sure got mentioned (and subsequent reshuffle effects).

1. Set Discrepancy
2. Space Funeral
3. Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl
4. Leo & Leah: A Love Story
5. I Miss The Sunrise
6. Edifice
7. Necropolis
8. Alter A.I.L.A Genesis
9. Lunacity
10. Sore Losers

sorry rhyme :<

and yeah I meant mostly from this point on rather than retroactively @ providing details (IMTS is by deltree, btw).

oh and sorry for being awkward >_>
1. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
2. I Miss the Sunrise
3. Alter A.I.L.A. Variant (cancelled)
4. Vacant Sky: Contention
5. Wine & Roses
6. The Reconstruction
7. Iron Gaia: Where Angels Fear to Tread
8. Aetherion
9. ReEvolution (in progress)
10. Schuld
I don't think I've even played 10 games on this site past their opening scenes. There are only a handful that are any good.

1. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
2. Hero's Realm
3. Dhux's Scar

^Top games of forever.

I've played one of the Vacant Sky games and also enjoyed the demo for Ascendence (really nice scenery), but I never got into any of them. I like Backstage and the original AA, but never got very far in either of them. Also haven't played A Blurred Line, though now that it's gotten so many votes, I'm interested. Anyway, glad to see my top 3 are on most people's lists.

Edit: The requirement that the list include 10 games is...totally unnecessary. I'm guessing this is to weed out folks who have played very few games, such as myself. However I've been on this site since 2009 and I've followed at least 3 dozen games (many which are now cancelled). I've demoed at least 1 dozen. None of them interested me like the above three. I'm not going to force myself to play something uninteresting.

There are also two games I played to completion that are either totally forgettable, or I don't remember the title to. So I can't add them to the list.

It would be interesting to see what the tally is if the half-finished lists are included. An unabridged tally, if you will.
author=iloveflash
Edit: The requirement that the list include 10 games is...totally unnecessary. I'm guessing this is to weed out folks who have played very few games, such as myself.

Yeah, let's the rule where 10 are required. Now you can have any amount of games in your list. They will be weighted the same: 10pts for 1st, 9pts for 2nd, 8pts for 3rd, etc. I didn't make that rule to weed out those who play few games, I just wanted people to type in 10 games, that's all. Even if they had to rack their brains for it. But if you've only played 3 games worth mentioning, I guess that's fine.

And if you wanted to know, I have been adding these incomplete lists to the main list this entire time. I didn't have a particular strict adherence to that rule. It wasn't really that important to begin with. Unless in Liberty's case: she listed about 30 games in no particular order, so I didn't really know how to rank that.

~~~

EDIT: Some fun stats (as @ time of latest edit):

Top 5 RM Games of 2013:
1. The Drop (11th)
2. Homework Salesman (15th=)
3. Suzy and freedom (17th)
4. Pom Gets Wi-Fi (18th=)
5. The Grumpy Knight (31st=)

5 Oldest Listed Games:
1. Corpse Party (1996)
2. Palette (1998)
3. NigSek: A Monster's Tail (2001)
4=. Jay's Journey, Final Fantasy Endless Nova (2002)

Top 10 Most Prolific Developers (2> games on list required):
1=. Deltree, Diedrupo+Ronove (65pts)
3. Neok (59pts)
4. Lys86 (58pts)
5. Craze (46pts)
6. calunio (35pts)
7. Anaryu (21pts)
8. Artbane+Volrath (19pts)
9. Gibmaker (18pts)
10=. Nightblade, BizarreMonkey (17pts)
@thatbennyguy

Where did you get the release dates, engines and creator names from?

A few corrections (from what I know):

Sweet Lily Dreams -> Is from "Rose Portal Games" and not Amaranthia (it's the sequel to Whisper of a Rose) and probably made with XP and not VX, but I'm not sure on that one.

Eternal Eden -> Is Shaz the name of Elder here? He usually calls himself Elder. The game was also released in 2008 (it was 5th anniversary just recently) and I doubt it's made with VX, looks very XP to me.

Darkblood Chronicles -> I actually played the full game and not just the demo. It was actually released on 13th December 2013, but is currently unavailable due to piracy problems and bugs.

Also: Am I allowed to copy the list (at a later time) to other RPG communities?
@RyaReisender Updated according to the correct information. Sometimes I just guessed from the screenshots what engine it was made in, and I also sometimes mistake the website/reviewer author for the game author, especially if it's obscure or in a different language.

@TungerManU Darn. I forgot your original list. Do you remember it?
What about the question I edited in? =p

Also the list confirms my theory that the 2k3 games tend to be the best.
author=RyaReisender
What about the question I edited in? =p

Also the list confirms my theory that the 2k3 games tend to be the best.

Sure, you may copy this list to other sites. As long as you include a short explanation of how the poll was conducted, or a link to this page. Because the list makes no sense outside the context of the voting process, I guess. :)
author=TungerManU
@thatbennyguy
6. Paranoiac
9. Mermaid Swamp

Just a small correction. Those are made with Wolf RPG Editor :)