NigSek
The Longing Ribbon
A Blurred Line
The Frozen World
Professor McLogic
Aurora's Tear
Robocks
Phylomortis 2 (I'm dead serious)
Sorry it took so long for me to update this topic.

@S32 I assume that you are ranking from #1 to #8. I have ranked it as such. If you wish to re-mend your list, then please do not edit the original, but post a new list so that I can compare the differences and make a change. Otherwise I will not be able to know what your original list was to compare. Thanks.
Here is my list.

1 manifest
2 IB
3 wine and roses
4 the longing ribbon
5 sunset over imdahl
Added.

Note: I also plan to implement a column in the table indicating rise and fall of games during the last 5 lists. e.g. If a game moved up 5 places during the last 5 lists, the "Shift" column would read: (+5). Or if a game moved down 3 places, the "Shift" Column would read: (-3). If a game did not move throughout the ordeal, it would read: (+0). The only disadvantage to this would be overload of information, but I'll see how it displays.

Another possible change is the addition of links to the games, so that when someone clicks on the name, they can be taken to the game's download page, or a relevant download link if no such page exists on this site. This will make it easier for people to check out a particular game they are interested about.

So at this point, I thought I might give a list of the top games for each of the past 5 years. Enjoy!

Top 5 of 2013
1. Homework Salesman
2. The Drop
3. Pom Gets Wi-Fi
4=. Phantom Legacy (Redux), Suzy and freedom

Top 6 of 2012
1. Star Stealing Prince
2. I Miss The Sunrise
3. Wine & Roses
4. Ib
5=. Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy, The Witch's House

Top 5 of 2011
1. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
2. To The Moon
3. Leo & Leah
4. Aetherion
5. Wither

Top 7 of 2010
1. Space Funeral
2. Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer
3=. Super Mario RPG: The Seven Sages, Tales of the Drunken Paladin
5=. Dragon Fantasy, The Tiamat Sacrament, Castle Chase

Top of 2009
1. Hero's Realm
2. Dhux's Scar
3. Exit Fate
4. Love and War: Act I
5. The Reconstruction
Can you strike out the results of steve_bennett? It turns out he was an alt of robb0226 created to give robb's game Spirit Somethingorother a good score. He has since been banned and the game and review denied.
author=Darken
author=thatbennyguy
@rhb84 I could only find precious little info about Retsu Arashi: Psychic Storm. Do you happen to know the engine/developer/year it was made? If you do, then that would be fantastic.
RM2K, Skyman07, 2005

I can verify that the above is correct.

There isn't much information about the game as I didn't really promote it enough, just finishing it took a load out of me, and then one frankly unfair and negative review which was unfortunately the number one google search for it demotivated me to the point that I just left it out there hoping at least some people would enjoy it.

So some 10 years later doing a google search I'm surprised and pleased to see that it's still out there and being better regarded than I thought it would. It's inspired me to make an account here and to share a little information about it.

For what it's worth I replayed it very recently and I think it holds up pretty well. Of course it has many flaws in terms of pacing, grammar, spelling, etc, and the battle system wasn't actually that fun and somewhat repetitive, but it's still a complete and custom made game in every sense and I'm proud of it.

Seeing as it's pretty much 10 years old now I might make a topic about its creation along with some previously unseen things related to it, and even though I started making it on Windows98 it works perfectly on Windows7 (and I assume Windows8) so maybe some more people can get a chance to check it out.

oh god a zombie

it's cool to read that. are you talking about the frying bear's review? idk that game stuck out to me as memorable because (c/p what i said somewhere else):

You just got kicked off from a KOF arcade cabinet by some kid bigger than you. You decide to go home and eat pizza while watching badly dubbed kung fu movies. You slowly pass out as Jackie Chan does a spinning backflip and dream about this game.

i think that was the only game that bothered to have onscreen battlers while making stuff up like you're using a phantom double of yourself or something. i barely remember. but yeah dude hope your post rm life is good.
author=Darken
oh god a zombie

it's cool to read that. are you talking about the frying bear's review? idk that game stuck out to me as memorable because (c/p what i said somewhere else):

You just got kicked off from a KOF arcade cabinet by some kid bigger than you. You decide to go home and eat pizza while watching badly dubbed kung fu movies. You slowly pass out as Jackie Chan does a spinning backflip and dream about this game.

i think that was the only game that bothered to have onscreen battlers while making stuff up like you're using a phantom double of yourself or something. i barely remember. but yeah dude hope your post rm life is good.

Haha, thanks yeah it was that frying bear review, it just didn't seem like constructive criticism to me, I seriously doubt he played the whole game either, and I even included a skip battle item to circumvent a flaw of all turn based battles whatever their provenance - sooner or later they all get boring.

It wasn't that complex to play but that battle system took a hell of a lot of work for me to develop and I think it was one of the only RM2K games at the time to have battle animations for both characters and enemies - certainly a more dynamic experience than a slash animation on a passive slime.

Though I accept the game has flaws, I felt presentation wise at least it was one of the more impressive and consistent games out there with, albeit intentionally, quite basic gameplay and a story that improved as the game went on, at least in my opinion.

Life is good and getting the latest version of RPG maker on Steam a while back made me even think about another project, but time isn't on my side, so we'll see.

Anyway, thanks for helping keep the game out there, it's much appreciated.
I remeber some games good games from the past...
Memories of Mana
Kindred Saga
Chimera Report
Destiny Calls Complete
Final Fantasy Endless Nova
Final Fantasy 0
Too many good games left uncompleted...

Notes on the Second Mellynd War
Forever's End
The Way
Love and War Act 1(Act 2 has been in "production" for over 6 years now)
Quintessence: The Blighted Venom
Legend of the Philosopher's Stone
I just assumed these two lists were numbered from 1 to 6. Usually you're meant to give a ranked top 10 list.

List updated.
My list right now

1.- The Witch's House
2.- OFF
3.- Yume Nikki
4.- Leo & Leah
5.- Sunset over Imdahl
6.- To the Moon
7.- Standstill Girl
8.- Happy Birthday
9.- Wither
10.- Middens
Glad to see Enelysion in the list. I don't think it gets quite as much attention as it deserves. Hopefully once the second volume is released, it will drive the game's popularity a bit more.
^ Aww. Thanks, amerk. ^^
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
1. Love and War: Act I
2. The Notes of the Second Mellynd War (Rm2k3 Version)
3. Dhux's Scar
4. Everlasting Journey
5. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
6. Castle Chase
7. Onyx
8. Homework Salesman
9. Forever's End
10. Jay's Journey
#1 - Romancing Walker (Rm2k)
#2 - Ara Fell: The Legend Of Dirisetsu Hollow (Rm2k3)
#3 - Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy (Rm2k3)
#4 - Alter A.I.L.A Genesis (Rm2k3)
#5 - Hero’s Realm (Rm2k3)
#6 - Enelysion (VX)
#7 - A Blurred Line (Rm2k)
#8 - Pirates (Rm2k3)
#9 - Spike Lee’s The Twilight Zone (Rm2k3)
#10 - Dooms 4: End Game (Rm2k3)
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
1 Ara Fell (2K3)
2 Star Stealing Prince (VX)
3 Hero's Realm (2K3)
4 Exit Fate (XP)
5 Enelysion (VX)
6 Dead Moon Night (VXA)
7 Everlong (2K3)
8 The Black Rose (XP) author: DarkHalo 2012 I think or perhaps early 2013
9 Aveyond 1: Rhen's Quest (XP)
10 Romancing Walker (2K)

Honourable mention Prophecy the Demon Kingdom. Only reason it's not on the list is because it is in hiatus, but I did have fun playing what there was.

edit to add information on The Black Rose, as I think you may not have it.
I've (quickly) looked through all the pages. I'm quite shocked to see no one has mentioned Dragon Destiny, by Rast.