THE TOP RM GAMES OF ALL TIME

harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
^ Yep "you're all wrong" blanket approach, just like I said. RMN's terrible reputation is well-deserved. No effort to identify the truly guilty and innocent. I'm sure there's a lot of great people who post here, but the mods and the loudest trolls rule the day and support each others' toxic behavior.

Liberty, did you even read Corfaisus's post where he changed your quote, in which you directed your moderation *only* at Craze and Corf? Because that's what you did.

But yeah... the truth takes a backseat here, because you changed your post, which said literally "craze, corf" to include me as well.

It is really unfortunate that there are not more reasonable minds who also value the truth. The rule is, if Harmonic says anything at all - ATTACK! And then if Harmonic defends himself, tell *everyone* they're wrong. Which is exactly what trolls want. They know they're wrong, they know they'll be moderated, but they want to drag good people down with them.

I have given this place so many chances. And again, most people here are probably fantastic people who just want to make games and indulge their creativity. But this cancerous influence of the old guard mods and their pet trolls is really holding RMN back. It's not only me who gets this treatment. Look at the way RMN basically psychologically abused Max McGee into submission, or anyone who disagrees with the opinion of the loudest voices.

I love RPGMaker and know its potential, but the world at large thinks very lowly of it. This is largely because of a flood of seemingly low production value games hitting Steam, but its users are also seen as amateurish boobs. Don't you think I, as a veteran RPGMaker user, would want this reputation to improve? Jeeze louise. Get it the hell together, and maybe a less toxic environment will invite a higher quality exchange of ideas.

Or, you could just use the stock approach to this post as well, which would be "take it to PMs" or "no more posts or ban". Or even more likely, more personal attacks and ridiculous swipes from loud trolls. Honestly, my expectations aren't high here.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Be happy; controversy sells.
author=harmonic
^ Yep "you're all wrong" blanket approach, just like I said. RMN's terrible reputation is well-deserved. No effort to identify the truly guilty and innocent. I'm sure there's a lot of great people who post here, but the mods and the loudest trolls rule the day and support each others' toxic behavior.

Liberty, did you even read Corfaisus's post where he changed your quote, in which you directed your moderation *only* at Craze and Corf? Because that's what you did.

But yeah... the truth takes a backseat here, because you changed your post, which said literally "craze, corf" to include me as well.

It is really unfortunate that there are not more reasonable minds who also value the truth. The rule is, if Harmonic says anything at all - ATTACK! And then if Harmonic defends himself, tell *everyone* they're wrong. Which is exactly what trolls want. They know they're wrong, they know they'll be moderated, but they want to drag good people down with them.

I have given this place so many chances. And again, most people here are probably fantastic people who just want to make games and indulge their creativity. But this cancerous influence of the old guard mods and their pet trolls is really holding RMN back. It's not only me who gets this treatment. Look at the way RMN basically psychologically abused Max McGee into submission, or anyone who disagrees with the opinion of the loudest voices.

I love RPGMaker and know its potential, but the world at large thinks very lowly of it. This is largely because of a flood of seemingly low production value games hitting Steam, but its users are also seen as amateurish boobs. Don't you think I, as a veteran RPGMaker user, would want this reputation to improve? Jeeze louise. Get it the hell together, and maybe a less toxic environment will invite a higher quality exchange of ideas.

Or, you could just use the stock approach to this post as well, which would be "take it to PMs" or "no more posts or ban". Or even more likely, more personal attacks and ridiculous swipes from loud trolls. Honestly, my expectations aren't high here.
Full quote for context ^
Relevant:
author=harmonic

Pretty sure if some people get in trouble for throwing stones, it's a good indicator that nobody should be throwing stones. Them's the ropes.

So let's drop it instead of continuing to shit up this outlived but still potentially useful thread, for High Ordinator* Liberty commands it!

*Or perhaps just regular Ordinator if Kentona would feel more comfortable being depicted as Vivec instead of Almalexia (the A is for Almalexia? now that's just silly).

... Where am I? This doesn't look like "Welp, Welp!"; things are Slightly. more structured here. Hmm...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Liberty
Cope Island - Looking forward to seeing how the remake works out for it but the original was really good.
GRP cirneg - A really interesting little RPG with a bit of grinding. It follows a monster trying to become king of the monsters.

You've mentioned the first one before! I should check it out. Also, where's the second one? I googled it but just got trash. It sounds interesting.
I don't care about your petty squabbles with each other, ffs. Drop it. You keep stirring shit up for no reason despite being told to stop it. Corf and Craze happily dropped the bullshit, is it too much to ask that you do so as well instead of carrying it on?

@HARM - DROP IT.
There, now your name is in the mix. Will you pretty please with cherries and marshmallows on top drop the stupidity?

Seriously, I didn't think it needed to be said that once they drop it, you drop it too. It wasn't an invitation to carry on being an ass to each other on either side, ffs. :/

@Craze: It was made for the 2014 IGMC. I found it on steam. Just click Subscribe and it should download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282326660

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
In order to contribute to the list, my favorite RM games in this order are:

I Miss the Sunrise, Hero's Realm, Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy, Star Stealing Prince, Wither, Starless Umbra, The Reconstruction, Wine & Roses, Balmung Cycle, Lunar Wish: Orbs of Fate

RPG Maker games are renowned for being shitty. However, there are dozens of titles that have defied this convention, which happen to be the very same games that people are voting for. One thing is for certain, how you view a community due to your own petty fighting on its internet forum is not an objective measure of its quality.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Liberty
snip

I had already ended my squabble with those two. Clearly, Liberty... clearly my last post was directed at you as a moderator. Because while those two are a lost cause, I thought maybe you'd be able to see reason.

Moderator failure to separate right from wrong, preferring a ham-handed, tyrannical, caps lock warnings approach to moderation, create an environment for trolls to thrive.

I've already had PMs agreeing with me, but are not coming out due to the toxic atmosphere.

Peace
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Harmonic are you seriously still posting?

PS By what I remember of the vitriol you and Max McGee spewed in the past, there is actually a damn good reason for people to distrust you, let alone not take your self-victimization you are displaying right now seriously.

Get over yourself.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=harmonic
There really is no justice here. I'm on the defense here, not the attack.

why do you feel the need to defend yourself against the guy who made 'tales from zimlurik' or w/e. it blows my mind dude, like... nothing on this planet could be less significant than criticism coming from this individual lol. rpgmaker justice must be served
User was warned for this post
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
On the actual topic of this topic, Adon, I'll be making a new topic for this soon, so if/when I do, please post that list there and I'll add it to the scores. Starting fresh will be fun!
author=CashmereCat
On the actual topic of this topic, Adon, I'll be making a new topic for this soon, so if/when I do, please post that list there and I'll add it to the scores. Starting fresh will be fun!

Maybe we can sieve out games here that have minimum 2000 downloads (as an example) and overall review scores of at least 3 or something along that line. After all, the top RM games of all time must have at least something that justifies their place in that grand list.

I actually like this topic and would love to see this topic revived properly.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Maybe we can sieve out games here that have minimum 2000 downloads (as an example) and overall review scores of at least 3 or something along that line. After all, the top RM games of all time must have at least something that justifies their place in that grand list.

Yes, well I don't want to just restrict it by download count or review score. If a lot of people pick a game for their lists, the score will get higher and higher and I'm sure that'll be a good indication that a lot of people esteem it highly.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Ciel
author=harmonic
There really is no justice here. I'm on the defense here, not the attack.
why do you feel the need to defend yourself against the guy who made 'tales from zimlurik' or w/e. it blows my mind dude, like... nothing on this planet could be less significant than criticism coming from this individual lol. rpgmaker justice must be served

hey if you're going to attack an rtp dragongame at least put effort into it. you're a little late, ciel. tsk tsk.