VILLAINOUS EVENT?

Pages: first prev 12 last
Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer.

The villain was the player. There was no villain that was not the player bar one and even that person was a villain. You'd have to play to understand.
Follow how Nightblade handled his legacy series. It's really that simple. He gives attention to BOTH sides instead of being completely one-sided. If you can do both sides then you got a really good story on your hands.

A very good example would also be the following as it was rare for RPGs to do what they did:
Xenogears
Xenosaga series.

They focused on both sides of the conflict. It does not have to be some godly story as long you got something in mind to put down on paper, but the characters goals/conflicts/emotions have to be believable or else the story comes off the rails.

It's something I did notice sometimes in RMN games. The villains starts off ok, but then it all falls apart due to lack of attention/detail/lack of personal scenes/their point of view/sometimes just plain out dumb. This also applies to heroes as well that I've seen.

I also found it interesting that it was the first time in a RMN game that I got to briefly control a villain in Demon Legacy during story plot points. I think this makes a game more interesting. I think most RMN devs should try some sort of balancing act between hero, and villain segments.

author=Kaliesto
Follow how Nightblade handled his legacy series. It's really that simple. He gives attention to BOTH sides instead of being completely one-sided. If you can do both sides then you got a really good story on your hands.

A very good example would also be the following as it was rare for RPGs to do what they did:
Xenogears
Xenosaga series.

Furthermore, in Breath of Fire 4 you even get to solo-play as the "Villain" Fou-Lu a few times. He's a really nice guy actually - just (while you play) a lot of shit happens to him because of several greedy/ nasty people, that f*cks him up so bad... (I don't want to spoiler for those who haven't played it yet.. but I cried manly teary) XD I so understand him...
Pages: first prev 12 last