ACCHA ART, YAY

Pages: first prev 12 last
Well, this is kind of off the beaten track, but for the past couple of months I've been drawing for two youtaite chorus battles at the same time. Basically, anime drawings to accompany Japanese song covers and made into presentable videos, all done within short periods of time! Yay!

My personal favorite is this the lighthearted pop-py one:

And a playlist of videos, as they're released can be found here.

At the end of Sept I'll be an animator for a 3rd chorus battle, so I've also been practicing my AE skills. Here's the result of my most recent practice session, in which I use an old character art, hastily scribbled scenery, and a VN opening song.

Could probably make some cool oldschool rpg opening movies someday, we'll see.

WHOA ACCHA, THATZAMAZING
My, my! Your art in general is pretty great, you know? Great colors, great charisma, great evwything <3
What software did you use for these animations? I tried Vegas and After Effects but I really couldn't get it >:
Thanks JosephSeraph!! \o/ That's very generous praise ahaha

I used After Effects. It's definitely really intimidating at first, but the tutorials on videocopilot are awesome for learning how to do things like learning how lights and 3D cameras work.

http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
The videos I recommend are 3, 7, and 8!

You can also check out some cool tutorials on youtube, though my favorite guy is EC Abrams. For example, here's his video on Venetian Blinds preset animations (AND THE PRESET ANIMATIONS ARE GOLD), which is that diagonal line transition you see in drop pop candy.

As you can tell I'm really excited about this stuff haha

Anyway good luck, I hope you can enjoy learning too!! ヽ(;▽;)ノ
A while ago I was really tired so I put something in the closet
Yesterday I quickly painted up the protagonist from my game dressed up as Madoka for Halloween. Turned out nice, so I'm using it as an avatar now.

Nothing better than undefined, cloudy areas with dramatic lighting from the left side. I really need to spice things up, man...
author=accha
A while ago I was really tired so I put something in the closet

AAACKCKCHJCHJC I LOVE DISSOMUCH.
Bahaha thank you~!
The spooky things are definitely fun to draw XD
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
The flower pops out a ton! And lilies and Madoka go together so well :D

Those movies are awesome too, I didn't realize how much some camera work can really add! Even just a little animation makes 'em totally feel like an anime intro.
Thanks slash!!
Yeah, the 2.5D camera in AE is super awesome (if you don't know how to use 3D camera programs like me ;_;) lol
It would be awesome to make something more like an anime intro, actually. You don't really realize how much effort they put into things like cinematography and... other filmy things... until you try to make one yourself >_>
totally forgot it, gonna check that out, thanks!
Your palettes are stunning
I'm
Dazzled
like really
Wow! I really luv your style! If you don't mind im asking, how long did it get for you to be good in painting landscape?? i really need to improve my landscape arts......
author=nh97
Wow! I really luv your style! If you don't mind im asking, how long did it get for you to be good in painting landscape?? i really need to improve my landscape arts......

Damn, I'm considered good at landscape? I'm flattered :''D

Well, checking out my old devart I think I only got good after I read a whole bunch of tutorials on perspective. There were about 3 years of basic struggling and then after the tutorial it all just clicked. Also it helps to gather a bunch of "reference" art (landscape art that you really love and inspires you) so you can study them.

The more you implicitly understand how the world works (or rather, how the world YOU are creating in your art works), the better you'll be able to focus on presenting art in a pleasing/well-executed way.

What makes and breaks landscape is the atmosphere I think. Interesting lighting and color palettes are what make them pop more than messy details that don't interact with the piece as a whole.
Pages: first prev 12 last