VX ACE BATTLE BACKGOUND ISSUE DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Pages: 1
So, I put together my own battle backgrounds. I used the PSP Final Fantasy graphics. Here's the problem, I can set the backgrounds I want just fine when I'm working with a specific dungeon. However, with the world map it loads the RMVX Ace defaults depending on what tile the character is standing on when a random battle pops up. How would I go about having the world map load battle backgrounds of my choosing?
I took a look at the script and... it's set in script

In Spriteset_Battle around lines 135 there is:
def terrain_battleback1_name(type)
    case type
    when 24,25        # Wasteland
      "Wasteland"
    when 26,27        # Dirt field
      "DirtField"
    when 32,33        # Desert
      "Desert"
    when 34           # Rocks
      "Lava1"
    when 35           # Rocks (lava)
      "Lava2"
    when 40,41        # Snowfield
      "Snowfield"
    when 42           # Clouds
      "Clouds"
    when 4,5          # Poisonous swamp
      "PoisonSwamp"
    end
  end
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get Filename of Battle Background (Wall) Corresponding to Terrain
  def terrain_battleback2_name(type)
    case type
    when 20,21        # Forest
      "Forest1"
    when 22,30,38     # Low hill
      "Cliff"
    when 24,25,26,27  # Wasteland, dirt field
      "Wasteland"
    when 32,33        # Desert
      "Desert"
    when 34,35        #  Rocks
      "Lava"
    when 40,41        # Snowfield
      "Snowfield"
    when 42           # Clouds
      "Clouds"
    when 4,5          # Poisonous swamp
      "PoisonSwamp"
    end
  end
  # * Get Filename of Default Battle Background (Floor)
  def default_battleback1_name
    "Grassland"
  end
  # * Get Filename of Default Battle Background (Wall)
  def default_battleback2_name
    "Grassland"
  end
  # * Get Filename of Battle Background (Floor) When on Ship
  def ship_battleback1_name
    "Ship"
  end
  # * Get Filename of Battle Background (Wall) When on Ship
  def ship_battleback2_name
    "Ship"
  end

Change the names here from the old Ace battleback to your new one should do the trick. I don't know what the numbers mean right now so I can't tell creating new ones but there's probably a script to do it better out there anyways.
I also did some checking around. Apparently the Terrain IDs are bound to 8 numbers (0-7). That part of the script that GRS showed off set me looking close and... well, I did find a way you could event it in.

Basically what you want to do is make an event that checks hero x and y and depending on the number of the terrain ID, set the background to different types. It's not too hard but here's a screenshotted example:

Basically what this does is check the X/Y of the hero every 1 frame (the wait command so it doesn't lag). It will then see what the terrain ID is for the hero (which can be changed with the Terrain button in the Tileset tab in the Database) and set it to a specific kind of battle back.

Easy and it can be done with any map.

Completely dumbed down in hide tag below:

Three variables used - 001 - Hero X, 002 - Hero Y and 003 - Current Terrain ID.

Set the event command "Get Location Info" (found on third page of event commands) to Designate with the variables Hero X and Hero Y (for Map X and Map Y, respectively). This will keep tabs on where your character moves. Make sure the Info Type is set to Terrain ID and have the Variable for Info set to Current Terrain ID (003 in this case).

Then create a conditional branch with no else case. Make it check to see if variable 003 (Current Terrain ID) is set to 0. If it is, use the Change Battleback command to pick which background you want for Terrain ID 0.

Go to the Tileset Tab in the Database and click on the Terrain button on the right. You'll notice that instead of X/O/* instead there will be different numbers. Pick numbers for different terrain. For example, 0 for water tiles, 1 for walkable grass tiles, 2 for forest areas, 3 for deserts and so forth.

Now just match up the numbers and viola. Done.
Great ideas. I think im going to try great red spirits idea first
These are all best asked in your own topic, gamegame. This topic is for Rule and Guideline discussion.
Also, it is preferred that you edit your posts instead of making a double post. I fixed it for you this time, but keep it in mind.
As to your questions, there are some scripts around like that. Have you checked the script section here or on RMW?

author=fifashopcions
These are all best asked in your own topic, gamegame. This topic is for Rule and Guideline discussion.
Also, it is preferred that you edit your posts instead of making a double post. I fixed it for you this time, but keep it in mind.
As to your questions, there are some scripts around like that. Have you checked the script section here or on RMW?

This totally looks like something Liberty once posted. I smell a bot.
Yeah, it does ring a bell. Also, just edited out that link in both his and your post, Link. No need to let the bots keep their links, after all. :/

(Also, why the hell? >.<; )
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Bots mimicking old replies by moderators instead of just posting spam? Jesus Christ, it's the fucking apocalypse up in here.
Wait... I'm confused. Mind you I just got off work, so I may be seeing wrong. Are you all saying I'm a bot? LOL, last time I checked I was a person.

EDIT: Oh, lol I see now. You all were talking about fifashopcions.
Pages: 1