WHAT APPEAL OF THE 2XP

Pages: first prev 12 last
If you're already using Ace, switching to 2k3 will cause general confusion, black-outs, and major head trauma (taken from experience).

I'm rather neutral between whether 2k3 is good or not. Sure I like how the battles are side-view, but it's confusing to set up; what with the lack of a working helpfile and tooltips, or any form of information about anything in the editor for that matter. Eventing is also pretty hard to do efficiently, unless you've been at it for a year or so. And then there's the 256k colour restriction. Though it is nice and I like the feel of games with limited colours, I don't appreciate not being able to use smooth gradients/alpha in my pictures and the like.

Also, bugs. Bugs everywhere.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I think I have english help file for 2k3, but we should probably connect over PM.
I love getting x2 XP. Makes leveling so much faster.
Use every RPG Maker you can. Try them for at least 4 minutes and 33 seconds each.

You never know what is something until you try it (so go and get some dr-- no no no nono that's not something you should do!).
There is no reason to use rm2k3. To be honest, I used rm2k far longer then rm2k3 because of some of the limitations of the engine, namely the color depth.
And then there was that shady time before Xp legitimately came out that I was using Postality Knights XP...

Basically, just shell out the cash. Wait for a steam sale or something, that usually works.

Rm95 is still better then RM SIM 95. God the bugs...
Uh... 2k3 and 2k have the same colour depth limitations, faces... XD
author=Liberty
Uh... 2k3 and 2k have the same colour depth limitations, faces... XD

Erm... Really? Oh dear... Maybe my copy was corrupted.
author=orochii
Use every RPG Maker you can. Try them for at least 4 minutes and 33 seconds each.

Finally, somebody else who remembers John Cage's RPG Maker games. I knew it wasn't just a fever dream!
This has already been said, but I wanted to second the notion:
The only reason to use rpgmaker 2003 over the newer makers is the different resolution and the greater availability of images and sprites.

This is a huge deal. I personally hate the vast majority (but not all) of the graphics in the newer games. This isn't because I want blocky graphics. But most XP/VX games look empty and due to no longer having a decade of quality professional graphics to draw upon, many of the graphics just aren't that good. Personally, I also don't like the chibi sprites. But that's just personal preference.
Pages: first prev 12 last