[RMN DRAMA] THE GUY WHO MADE THE FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST REMAKE IS TRYING TO SELL IT

author=Housekeeping
Oh, god, that's fucking priceless. I wonder how many other fictional companies this guy's created.

I will run a query on IPs here on rmn to find out!
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I await the results with bated breath.
This entire debacle is so hysterical that I just await every part of it with anticipation.

The parts with the 'promise' of Windows/Android ports or w/e along with that twitter screenshot Corfaisus posted are seriously the icing on the cake. God, someone might as well slap me if I ever make a '100% LEGIT PROFESSIONAL' screenshot of my 'workstation' that just happens to me my msi computer and a bag of Cheetos.

I liked Mystic Quest, but I'm not sure if I would ever try this remake in any capacity, honestly.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I so want to make a GamerGate-style video about this rip-off to call attention to it and maybe see how far it goes. If anyone wants to help who knows the details on Dark Design Games and Kiraseth Studios, please share this with me in the form of images that can be referenced to during a still image video that I can put out there on Youtube.

I'll start whipping up the script and directions soon.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
That just seems petty. I wouldn't bother.

Do spread the word that DarkDesigns and Kisareth are frauds to anyone who might get duped into buying their crap, though. We've caught Kisareth submitting glowing comments/ reviews for her/his own game under fake accounts before, and DarkDesigns stole scripts from another developer to make this MQ remake.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Solitayre
That just seems petty. I wouldn't bother.

Do spread the word that DarkDesigns and Kisareth are frauds to anyone who might get duped into buying their crap, though. We've caught Kisareth submitting glowing comments/ reviews for her/his own game under fake accounts before, and DarkDesigns stole scripts from another developer to make this MQ remake.

The script is already done, and honestly, I want to see if this blows up because it's a genuine problem or if it fizzles out because it's not Zoe Quinn or whoever.

But, to be honest, I don't care enough about this to do all the research myself. I mean, I'd do some, but it'd be scratching the surface.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean, if they're not the same person, then the worst and only thing Kisareth did was review his own games. Not exactly something you'd put on your resume, but the games themselves are supposedly not bad and he already got punished for it, so at this point harassing him would be far worse than anything he did. So if you started making videos about how awful he was for that, then I'd have to start making videos about how awful you are for making the videos.

Dark Design packaged malware with his game, set up a phishing scam by making it so that it when you tried to play the game it asked you for an access code and gave you an email to try to get one, and lied about the fact that he'd gotten permission from Square Enix to make and sell the game. Oh, and he also claimed to be able to port RPG Maker games to android for a thousand dollars - this is probably a con, but it's not like you can prove he can't really do it. I mean it's actually totally possible, you just couldn't put it on the app store or distribute it easily, because it would be running through a windows emulator.

The only real evidence that they're the same person is that one company acquired the other, which is IMO somewhat damning when combined with the fact that I can't imagine anyone else willingly working with Dark Design. Maybe he just conned Kisareth the same way he conned Gamejolt and his players though. Kisareth is obviously not known for having great judgement, after all.
No one would take that video seriously LockeZ. You would be making videos about a not so well known guy making videos about a not so well known scam artist. It's like the poop of poop to put it bluntly. But I do think it should be made public knowledge any and everywhere that the game and the developer are a scam artist to keep people from falling for his scam.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You should make a video about why people shouldn't take my video seriously.
Why not just leaving that guy alone? O.o
author=LockeZ
You should make a video about why people shouldn't take my video seriously.

Come on, who would take THAT seriously? XD

--
On topic:

I don't know the history behind all this (I have never heard of Kisareth before), but after reading about this and how much of a clear scam it is...Ugh..

It's because of people like this that RPGmaker gets a bad rap. It's just plain gross. Scam on top of viruses/Adware on top of further scams. *sigh*
author=Aegix_Drakan
--
On topic:

I don't know the history behind all this (I have never heard of Kisareth before), but after reading about this and how much of a clear scam it is...Ugh..

It's because of people like this that RPGmaker gets a bad rap. It's just plain gross. Scam on top of viruses/Adware on top of further scams. *sigh*

Before they went commercial with their own game, they were known around the RM sites for creating fake accounts and giving themselves fake reviews, while also using the fake accounts to give other potential developers bad reviews. They were banned from both here and RRR, but I imagine the same is true for other sites as well.

They've got their game on Steam (I imagine they probably scummed GL with fake accounts the same way) and now they seem to be involved with Dark Designs (whether a partner or another alias of them, I don't know). It'd be quite interesting if they wind up in a similar lawsuit with SE just for supporting DD.
Nevermind* I got the answer above my post.
This is beyond scummy. I wish those guys would make Crimson Echos in RPG Maker, but seems so unlikely nowadays.
I spent the last 25mins reading this thread. Thank you guys for the laughs :)
shayoko
We do not condone harassing other members by PM.
this is especially appalling as someone who grew up in the nes age.
im glad the community went strong against this situation!
Did you have to post in a topic almost 4 months old?
Corfaisus
More Final Fantas- oh... this again.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D