NHL 2015 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

All I can guarantee about the Habs and the Lightning series is that Steven Stamkos will finally score a goal…in the playoffs, that is!

I’ll probably watch the Caps and the Rangers game tonight. It’s still a bit too painful right now to watch the team that beat your own team out just yet…so maybe around game 4 or so I'll start tuning into the Flames and Ducks series.

And the playoff pool / bracket has been updated yet again! Everybody receive 2 points each, as we all pretty much thought that the Lightning would prevail in the end…pfft, except for kory_toombs, lol.
so like I said the Habs just cannot for whatever reason beat the Lightning. Though I did expect Price to have been injured by now.

Montreal will win a game in Tampa, but then lose the other, and come home down 3-1. They will win the home game, but then lose in Tampa for game 6.

also damn I wish I saw that Kane was coming back before I made my Chicago predictions.
posted in the super secret staff forums

what's worse: getting cleaned out 6-1... or not losing as badly but getting shut out 3-0
The Habs are killing me here.
Muhahahaha! Yes, everything is all going according to plan…

And I still stand by my horrible, original prediction earlier of the Predators beating the Blackhawks, even with Patrick Kane in the lineup. It’s just too bad that Shea Weber got hurt and the Predators just couldn’t hold a lead whenever they had one. (Stupid Predators…)

And it’s already over for Calgary; their Stanley Cup Finals was just getting to the playoffs in the first place and beating the Canucks as a bonus. I mean, even if the Canucks had advanced instead of the Flames, Anaheim would still kill them as well... I already knew that from a dream that I had! That’s…kinda why I was hoping that the Jets would upset them – but noooooooo, they had to lose!

Either way, there’s still lots of hockey left. I expect Minny to eventually turn it around and win a few games and the Montreal Canadiens to at least win one game before Tampa Bay absolutely crushes them. :)
author=GreatRedSpirit
go

flames

go

go

habs

go

Poor Montreal…eight straight defeats to the Tampa Bay Lightning…

- On the plus side though, the Caps have the Rangers on the ropes! Just one more win and I get a perfect Eastern Conference bracket so far! :D
Is is seriously 5 - 0 right now?
somebody must've figured out goat sacrifices
Hey, the Lightning probably felt so bad for them that they decided to just give ‘em a game…you know, for good sportsmanship and all. :D

And stupid Capitals! They were almost 90 seconds away from moving on but then they decided to take their foot off the gas! If this ends up biting them in the ass somewhere down the road, I’ll be seriously P’d.

Oh, and sorry about not updating the bracket and the standings the other day after the Blackhawks managed to sweep the Wild; I was a bit busy that day…! But now I can rectify that.

With the Blackhawks moving on, UPRC is the only one who gets any points this time around. Now he’s got a grand total of 15!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I'm still pulling hopes on me winning this thing :)
Poor Flames… They almost had it in the end and almost forced a game 6 but they just couldn’t get it done in OT… Although they shouldn’t beat themselves up too much; they did a great job this season. Nobody could imagine that they would have made the playoffs this year, let alone make it to the second round. Now games against the Flames next season are going to be a lot more fun to watch and definitely a much bigger challenge than years past when the Canucks play them again. Way to go, Calgary! :)

With the Ducks moving on, UPRC and Kentona receive 2 points each. Kentona receives a much needed bonus point to take over 3rd place over GreatRedSprit in the standings for predicting that the Ducks would win in 5. However, UPRC now holds a commanding 5 point lead over 2nd place Addit.

GreatRedSpirit, you can still tie me for 3rd if the Rangers happen to beat the Caps in game 7 and Tampa ends up ultimately choking to Montreal – so don’t lose out hope just yet! :D
author=kentona
Montreal will win a game in Tampa, but then lose the other, and come home down 3-1. They will win the home game, but then lose in Tampa for game 6.

Just reminding you all of what I said a few days ago.
nooooo calgary my trump card

I was hoping that they would at least win one game in Anaheim but it wasn't to be. Not too surprised though, Anaheim is just a better team. I went to game 3 and even though we won that one the different in the skill was clear.

author=Addit
GreatRedSpirit, you can still tie me for 3rd if the Rangers happen to beat the Caps in game 7 and Tampa ends up ultimately choking to Montreal – so don’t lose out hope just yet! :D

c'mon long shot! hello 4th place
author=Addit
and Tampa ends up ultimately choking to Montreal

Well, of course. The Canadians are a mighty strong team at the moment, it would be a shame for them to at least not get to the conference finals.
The good news: the Lightning finally take care of business.
The bad news: no more Canadian teams left; no cup since 1993. :(

- Oh well.

Tampa wins. And with that, both Addit and Kentona receive 2 pts each. Addit, being the genius man that he is (probably), receives an ADDITional bonus point for predicting that Tampa would win in 6.

The overall standings and bracket have now been updated; UPRC still holds the lead but only by 2 points over Addit, who’s currently sitting in 2nd place, and Kentona is now only 4 points back for top spot himself, setting up a crucial game 7 tomorrow between the Caps and Rangers that could ultimately decide some things.

A Caps victory tomorrow would give Addit a single point lead over UPRC with each of them only having one team left in the third round. But a Rangers win would move Kentona into a tie for 2nd place with Addit and only would be 2 points back for the lead from UPRC.

It shall be interesting tomorrow, gentlemen.

- GO CAPS GO!!!