THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

I come clean. I lied about the whole icon change thing yesterday. We really didn't think anyone would notice. SO much for that slipping under the radar. But hey, to the person who was all "Where is this special edition of 2k3 you're talking about???"... :DDD
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
Better late than never right?
author=JosephSeraph
it's supposed not to if you press f5, as it toggles interpolation on and off? I think

The other way round. It's not interpolating by default, it should be all crispy and clear, *unless* you press F5. Because I know some people actually like it blurred, for some reason.
author=Liberty
But hey, to the person who was all "Where is this special edition of 2k3 you're talking about???"... :DDD

;-)

I am seriously blown away...
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
So what happens if somebody imports, say, Forever's End into the legal version? I mean, it uses rips,which in general is best to avoid. Could the person get in legal trouble?
This has made my day, even if trying to convert my game breaks a bunch of stuff! =)
author=Cherry
author=GreatRedSpirit
Was anything done about some of the database limits like enemy stats and attribute multipliers? I had to use a resource editor to get the editor to get around those restrictions due to poor game design ridiculous number inflation and skill damage algorithms and I'm not keen on doing that again to make sure my game works with an official release.
Which ones exactly? So we can add it in an update.

Just the raw stats, MaxHP/MP, Attac, Def, Int, Agi for enemies. >1000% multipliers for attributes (I checked and I don't actually use them but I would if I was to unfuck my numbers).

Also I bought this and it immediately crashes
Turns out it trips DEP and I have to add it to my whitelist, just like RMXP!

e: Can we feature request? Can you guys make the "Open Project" dialog wider because it has always been dumb and super narrow and if I don't expand the folder name column god knows what version of the game I'm ever opening.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Just the raw stats, MaxHP/MP, Attac, Def, Int, Agi for enemies. >1000% multipliers for attributes (I checked and I don't actually use them but I would if I was to unfuck my numbers).

That's a great thing to bring up actually. It's my #1 reason for using the David/Goliath 2k3 versions over other ones. Attributes range from -2000 to 2000. Negative values end up healing, so say if you used a fire spell to attack a fire-based enemy, they could be healed instead of damaged.
Oh i see yesterday the icon change ^^
Great news.
Borderless full screen window is a thing of beauty. Thank you, $20 bux well spent
Now we are gonna have rpg maker 2003 rtp games pledging for kickstarter just you wait :D
author=Cherry
author=JosephSeraph
it's supposed not to if you press f5, as it toggles interpolation on and off? I think
The other way round. It's not interpolating by default, it should be all crispy and clear, *unless* you press F5. Because I know some people actually like it blurred, for some reason.

This is the behaviour of some LCD monitors. Some models allow to disable the scale blur.
i'd buy it but I only have $9 lolololololololo

but yeah
one very important feature I think rm2k3 would benefit a lot would be the ability to alter the battle formulae. It doesn't have to be as in depth as rmvxa (I think that'd be impossible ne?) but maybe if we could edit the formulae in a specific field of the System tab? I think rm2k/3's worst flaw lies in its dull formulae, fixing it would make it into something simply amazing, even moreso. ;w;

anyway, I'm awfully happy with this release <3
Haha, awesome!! Blast from the past!! I'm going to have a drink (tea) in honour of this release
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Archeia said that as long a we're not distributing the pirate version Degica has no reason for legal action; they don't handle the site here so items like Forever's End are not their concern.
Wait a second, the color limit? It's gone?
No.

Where did you hear that?
Oh, guys, check this out: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/1125/?post=632535#post632535

We talk about the engine and what it means for the future of RM. Oh, and we had Shinan join us!
No the 256 color limit it's very bad :(
It's not that bad. :/

Also, woo~ I'ma get me some of dat~