THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

I copied my project to the Steam version, but from a quick playthrough I already ran into two problems:
-The game runs a lot choppier, both in the overworld as well as in combat.
-DynRPG doesn't seem to work for me.

author=Cherry
Unfortunately the source code was lost over time. Therefore, it was a bit difficult to implement the real "killer features". Also, I originally planned to include all the bugfixes from DynRPG as well, and I wanted to integrate the CommonThisEventPatch, but there was not enough time. There will be updates, though.

Best wishes,
Cherry

What exactly would be the "killer features" and will they be possible to implement in future updates? What are the plans for updates?

As for a personal request, not sure if it would be possible at all for you to update the Steam version with, but I would like to see a more space-efficient Database window. I'm using a modified version of RM2K3 that features a larger Database window with smaller font, allowing for more stuff to appear on the screen, making it easier to organise and edit stuff in. Old VS New Database:

The same goes for some other UI things, such as the Switches window:
I am not touching those forms ever again.
Cherry has heard my unadulterated hatred for anything revolving around them.

The reason for the big fonts is for higher resolution monitors. When I was making an rm2k3 game with the original size, I thought my eyes were getting stabbed out.
I noticed that panning in the overworld of Hero's Realm at the start of the game was pretty choppy, but so far everything seems to work!

It's been forever since I played my own game. I can't fathom what the fuss was about...
It was a well-constructed game that managed to capture the charm of older, simpler times. It's not the prettiest or the deepest or most fun, but everything it did have was solid and polished and the whole thing was a cohesive fest of nostalgia. What's not to like?

Also, that avatar is... um wow. My eyes. XD I can't look away. ;.;
author=Shoobinator
author=PepsiOtaku
I imported EJ, but I couldn't do a whole lot since it relies so heavily on patches and plugins. It loaded though! The new rendering engine is very nice!
So do patches and plug-ins have zero functionality in this new version? Or is there some way to get them to work, regardless of the current "official" support?

If a patch is based on v1.08 of the engine (such as DynRPG), it won't work (until a new version was created by somebody).
Mmhh. Sounds good, but, I don't have this 'Steam' thing -I'm not much of a PC gamer and I'm not sure what the payment options may be in my country- so I don't know if it's worth getting it just to clear my conscience over pirating an ancient piece of software... Then again, maybe I can revive Nightfall without feeling -as- guilty now. I was planning on going full VX Ace eventually (Or whatever the next rpg maker might be) but at the same time, I had put a decent amount of work in the rm2k3 version already. xP

No, seriously, what's the next rpg maker gonna be? Is it really coming out before 2016 like that timeline in the video seems to hint?

C'mon, you, people on the inside; spill the beans!! *shakesfist*
Is there any way for full screen to pick up that I'm set to 1280x1024? The far sides are being cut off.
I have various feel about this RM version.
In the one hand this is good. Will be sell game etc.

But I have a lot of bad think. Can I use patch to rpg_rt end editor. I make a game, which use a lot of change in maker and rpg_rt (picture in battle, turn based battle (I hate ATB), one folder to graphics, my title etc.) And I think that sream blocked edit editor exe (change in database, one folder to graphics).

I think that can be do rm 2k and rm2k3 in one program, only battle have to change (atb and turn like change style battle in rm2k3)...
That depends on your video card settings if it's on aspect ratio, IIRC.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
What exactly goes into converting a previously f2p game into a commercial game? I've purchased RM2k3 through Steam, but I hear that there's some extra registration that has to go through rpgmakerweb. How complete does this game have to be or can I register it at any time?
as soon as it's complete and you're ready to sell, just register it to RMWeb first.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Blasted as hell!

author=JosephSeraph
An RM2K3 GAME CREATION EVENT
author=Cap_H
Blasted as hell!

author=JosephSeraph

I ALREADY BOUGHT A COPY OF RM2K3 TO GIVE OUT AS A PRIZE.

I'll set something up next week.
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
I'm VERY happy with this. I just bought a copy of this software. If this means we'll be able to release commercial copies of 2k3 games this is good news for me.

As for Cherry's patches, the only one I have used is the one that skips the default title screen, any comments on this?
author=kentona
author=Cap_H
Blasted as hell!

author=JosephSeraph
I ALREADY BOUGHT A COPY OF RM2K3 TO GIVE OUT AS A PRIZE.

I'll set something up next week.

You mean after Befuddle Quest 7 is completed and released, right?
We planned the custom title screen in one of the next updates.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Am I dreaming right now...
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Awesome!!!

It says it will work with Windows 8 but what about 8.1?
Of course 8.1 as well. I kind of included that when I wrote about 8.