THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

1-when is a non-Steam version coming out?

2-will directional pass tiles work correctly in an update? Right now, what they really do is turn one side of the tile into a wall so you cannot create tiles that can be passed from every direction except one.

This create such 'fun' situations as a serie of tiles that should allow you to move down and not up but because of this quirk, what you create is actually a column of tiles that can only be crossed horizontally.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Shoobinator
I think the only thing Row affects is: if you're in the front, you get a buff to regular attack damage, and if you're in the back, you take less damage from enemy regular attacks.
No stats change. The damage calculations are just modified.

author=Craze
During some mild testing it also seemed to change how often the character was targeted -- when 2 in front and 2 in back, front was picked 60% of the time. this was hardly scientific though, but at least better than anecdotal evidence haha

Thanks! I had some loose idea about how it worked.

Does anyone know the formula?
I ported over Hero's Realm and so far so good. I did a lot of eventing in that game.
The only thing to watch for is if you used RTP files - the official translation has different names for them, so if you used the unofficial version then the program will look for the new names, not the old ones.
author=iddalai
It's weird how - after a dozen of years - nobody seems to really know how hit rates actually work in 2k3.
No breakdown of the whole formula for now, only what applies to "[row] affecting battle":

First off: forget Skills for a moment (until there's a fix). Due to missing UI elements it is rather broken.
delete a Skill -> create a new one -> AGI (and conditions lowering hit%) will be ignored on that skill
Also due to a bug feature, if the attacker (physical or skill) is way faster then its target, the calculated accuracy won't go below 50% (calculation only involes AGI, weapon hit% and lowered hit% due to conditions). (might be useful. might not)

"hit rate" mentioned below is subtracted from calculated accuracy (from AGI, weapon hit% and condition hit%) and is not a multiplier.
(-25% hit rate (for attacks and skills) if Target wears one or more "increase evasion" equipment)

[Row] effects on hit rate for Actors:
-25% hit rate when Target in back row (back attack encounters are broken due to an oversight/bug)
-25% hit rate when surround attacking the Enemies (also a bug of sorts)

[Row] effects on hit rate for Monsters:
-25% hit rate when Target in back row
-25% hit rate when being surround attacked

[Row] effects on damage for Actors:
+25% damage dealt if User in front row
-25% damage dealt if Target in back row (back attacks are broken due to an oversight/bug when enemies are considered in back row)
row has no effect when surround attacking the Enemies

[Row] effects on damage for Monsters:
+25% damage dealt if User in front row (if User is of type 'Actor' *)
-25% damage dealt if Target in back row

*It's in the damage calculation, but never gets applied since Enemies are not of type 'Actor'. Either copy pasta or dummied out features.

author=Craze
also seemed to change how often the character was targeted
Row position isn't considered by the AI at all. Enemies choose targets completely randomly.
There's no formula for "likelihood of being attacked because front row", as far as I know.

IF enemy AI was more like the AI of randomly acting Actors, you might say that they prioritize targets in the front row, because they are more hurt after several attacks (a higher "ratio of potential damage relative to the current HP of a monster" is slightly prioritized).
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=bugmenot
author=iddalai
It's weird how - after a dozen of years - nobody seems to really know how hit rates actually work in 2k3.
No breakdown of the whole formula for now, only what applies to "[row] affecting battle":

First off: forget Skills for a moment (until there's a fix). Due to missing UI elements it is rather broken.
delete a Skill -> create a new one -> AGI (and conditions lowering hit%) will be ignored on that skill
Also due to a bug feature, if the attacker (physical or skill) is way faster then its target, the calculated accuracy won't go below 50% (calculation only involes AGI, weapon hit% and lowered hit% due to conditions). (might be useful. might not)

"hit rate" mentioned below is subtracted from calculated accuracy (from AGI, weapon hit% and condition hit%) and is not a multiplier.
(-25% hit rate (for attacks and skills) if Target wears one or more "increase evasion" equipment)

[Row] effects on hit rate for Actors:
-25% hit rate when Target in back row (back attack encounters are broken due to an oversight/bug)
-25% hit rate when surround attacking the Enemies (also a bug of sorts)

[Row] effects on hit rate for Monsters:
-25% hit rate when Target in back row
-25% hit rate when being surround attacked

[Row] effects on damage for Actors:
+25% damage dealt if User in front row
-25% damage dealt if Target in back row (back attacks are broken due to an oversight/bug when enemies are considered in back row)
row has no effect when surround attacking the Enemies

[Row] effects on damage for Monsters:
+25% damage dealt if User in front row (if User is of type 'Actor' *)
-25% damage dealt if Target in back row

*It's in the damage calculation, but never gets applied since Enemies are not of type 'Actor'. Either copy pasta or dummied out features.

author=Craze
also seemed to change how often the character was targeted

Row position isn't considered by the AI at all. Enemies choose targets completely randomly.
There's no formula for "likelihood of being attacked because front row", as far as I know.

IF enemy AI was more like the AI of randomly acting Actors, you might say that they prioritize targets in the front row, because they are more hurt after several attacks (a higher "ratio of potential damage relative to the current HP of a monster" is slightly prioritized).

Thanks, bugmenot! :)

So heroes in the front row deal 25% more physical damage and have 25% more change to hit with physical attacks, while heroes in the back row deal 25% less physical damage and have 25% less chance to hit with physical attacks.
author=Sated
Can I take an existing project and use this version of RM2K3 without any problems? Is there anything (especially re: eventing) that works differently in this version of RM2K3?
Events should be OK. I fear for battle system. New version change some thing (loading atb, passive mode default, etc.), and I think that old very advanced game with default battle system will be bad play.

Cherry, can you add change atb mode to event command in next version? This is one with big thing which lack. This is need for custom menu systems and change default mode to game which have in default active mode.
author=kentona
I ported over Hero's Realm and so far so good. I did a lot of eventing in that game.

Was my conversion tool helpful? :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wait, can you disable the Row command in the official RM2K3 release? There was a simple patch to do it for Don Miguel's version. The damage difference is huge and I hate the way it works.
author=Mason_Wheeler
author=kentona
Was my conversion tool helpful? :)
actually I had already copied the entire rt2k3 rtp into it in the official release years ago.
author=LockeZ
Wait, can you disable the Row command in the official RM2K3 release? There was a simple patch to do it for Don Miguel's version. The damage difference is huge and I hate the way it works.

No, I do not think so. However, for rt2k3, bugmenot's RPS+ patch can be used to change the percent values for the damage calculations if you didn't want to completely remove it.
Thank you for letting us know, Cherry! ^.^)b
author=Cherry
The offline Steam-less version is out now! https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-2003

dang, it's not on Avangate yet so I can't post a link to it on RMN's store
Pretty psyched. Next paycheck, I'll try it on Tales From The Reaper. Oracle of Tao has too many patches/plugins. I think the only ones the other actually uses is Faster Atb, Common This Event, and Message Extender.

Btw, do common events allow this event in the new version? And is there a way to display hero degrees?

I bought RM2k3 (in official site, not sream) and I am a little disappointed.

RM2k9 not work with him. And maker not have all accessories RM2k9. Will be in future?

I don't see option change font and I can't add polish letter in game (in edittor OK I needn't this, but I need in game).

Help file has a few bug...

Will be more when I more test.

When will be patch EULA, I wait. I don't see RM2k3 without patch (for editor (value etc.) and rpg_rt).

Can off colors event commands?
Is the store RPG Maker program a digital or physical copy?

(on my side, a digital copy would be more convenient yet the site does not specify which one it is)