FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

I'll download this if you give Angry Birds Epic a go (the casualest mobile RPG)
the Angry Birds franchise's continued growth is frankly terrifying

e: not in some hyperbolic 'ugh, a SUCCESSFUL CASUAL GAME, I guess games are OVER now' way, but just that its rate of growth + assimilation of other genres and properties is alarming
they have a reputation of making fun casual stuff and in the morass that is the app store that counts for a lot. Plus they have been aggressive with the co-branding (or whatever you'd call it) with the whole Star Wars and NHL and NBA and Rio tie-ins.

Also, Angry Birds Epic is just a good game. It's always good to have a good game.
yeah, to their credit they seem very good about making big gameplay changes and variations to suit one theme or other, where they could very easily just put out minor reskins and still be successful.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I downloaded it kentona, but seeing as I'm about to go into the woods and be very busy for the next nine weeks (I leave Saturday!) I don't want to start a new mobile game. ...unless I'm dumb and you can play it totally offline?

I'm only keeping this and Tower of Saviors on my phone so that I can get event characters during my time off. =/ Probably won't even log into ToS daily.

Xenomic: I'll get on it!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I honestly want to pay cash dollars for Locke's weapon, just so I can actually use my namesake character. But the average cost is $263. What the fuck game charges $263 for a DLC weapon? Seriously?
Craze
gacha gatcha gotcha

there will be more SB weapons/armors for people in the future if JP is any indication. rising sun or w/e is pretty good but honestly i wouldn't stress over it.

...says the guy with 150+ mythril stockpiled for balthier
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLthPnWFrfb-H7a6qO0tymSO9P2hFMMxQf

If you wanna see all of the Soul Breaks thus far in the game in the JP release (where I get most of my SB images from), here ya go. There were a couple newly released ones a couple days ago too for JP~

I honestly don't even remember where Balthier stands in terms of all the other characters. Not that it matters TOO much, most of the characters are generally the same as one another. Generally anyways. Probably doesn't help that I don't see anyone using him either though. >_<
Craze
I'm not much of a powergamer. I use who I want and get as far as I can using them. I brute forced Pulse Fal'cie Hard starting with L1 Vanille/Snow...

I'll start uploading my screenshots tonight. My tablet is not exactly instant when it comes to screenshots (using the power + volume button method) so I've been reloading fights a few times, but whatever. (If anybody knows a better way of doing screenshots on Android, let me know.)
"hey gyro plz did you know you can do x"
"whoa I did not know I could do x dr mog"
"yeah its neat you should do it"
*wirrrrrrrrrrrr*
PICTURE YOU CAN DO X
*wirrr*
"ps gyro plz how about y"

I'm having flashbacks to playing Quest for Glory 2 on the ol' 286 and changing disks every time I enter the Shapier alleyways. Does this ever improve? I just want to get into a fight so I can hit auto and win already so I can get to the part where I may need to pay attention.

e: fukking everything has multiple second loading times. It just hangs there, a fade to black or something and a "NOW LOADING" in the bottom right corner would-oh god I just made a positive comparison to sonic 2006
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
The tutorials mostly disappear after the very beginning (as does the entire story), except for when they introduce new features. As for loading times, being on Wifi helps immensely. I also had a problem in the most recent update where I would hang on the loading screen and have to kill the app. Clearing the program cache fixed that.

In other news, I have now spent $1.98 on two pulls because I am a bad person. I did score a 5-star shield that gives Protect to the whole party, though!
Craze
I pulled the Sentinel Grimoire, so there's that.
author=Deltree
The tutorials mostly disappear after the very beginning (as does the entire story), except for when they introduce new features. As for loading times, being on Wifi helps immensely. I also had a problem in the most recent update where I would hang on the loading screen and have to kill the app. Clearing the program cache fixed that.

In other news, I have now spent $1.98 on two pulls because I am a bad person. I did score a 5-star shield that gives Protect to the whole party, though!

you whale
Deltree
I could have bought at least two tacos instead

But no
author=Deltree

I've been playing it on my tablet which only has wifi. The more I play the loading isn't just with the tutorials but every part of the menu. So I wanted to change Kain's weapon, so I click on party, loading, equipment, loading, do the actual equipment change, then click on realms, loading, then the door I was on, loading, then I can finally get back to playing the game. I'm having flashbacks to replaying the SNES FF games and Chrono Trigger on those awful Tose ports on the PS1 with how many load screens there are.

Maybe its my hardware, I'm playing on the first release of the Nexus 7 released back in 2012 and my actual phone isn't a whole lot newer (Galaxy S3). I'll try playing it some more, maybe there's a power saving option I have on that'll help, but I don't think I have the patience for the onslaught of load screens on a game that isn't even on a disk.
GDeN for me. My roamer is Dark Knight Cecil with his 5-star Dark Sword and the Darkness limit break which hits all enemies for pretty large dark damage. Lv46, 236 Attack Power.

Been playing for awhile but I've yet to hit the level cap with anybody. I'm in the 30s and 40s for quite a few characters, though. I tend to play before and then after work, though sometimes I only get one or no sessions in.

Also, I wanted to add that everybody is doing it wrong when it comes to party formation. You have five slots... so do it FF4 style and stagger your rows. It's really ugly to see Front, Front, Front, Back, Back... Front, Back, Front, Back, Front... Got it? Good.
Deltree
Part of the loading could be its nature as a mobile game - it has to read/write back to the server with every click (outside of battle), so maybe it's something you get used to.

In other news, the Festival of Gold owns bones. It's basically materials + gil + experience daily dungeons all at once, but with better music, and it's very easy - I managed to autobattle my way through Heroic with a team in the 40s.
Craze
I just switched to my phone for the summer since I won't have wifi. It's definitely slower on there because it's a clunky old Galaxy Nexus (not one of the numbered ones... just a Galaxy Nexus). qq, at least i'll be able to get memory crystals. Battles run just fine, too.

Added you Jude. Also I don't stick to that formation beacause I really like certain characters in certain spots for no good reason... Wakka is second or last, Lenna is always 4th, Terra is always 1st... idk why that's just how i roll
author=Deltree
Part of the loading could be its nature as a mobile game - it has to read/write back to the server with every click (outside of battle), so maybe it's something you get used to.

I don't think I can. I played more, did the FF4 questline to completing Fabul, unlocked Rydia, and the menu latency because is just too much for me. There's a few other things but I don't think this game is for me. I'm gonna give Angry Birds Epic a spin instead.