SO JELLY! REVIEW EVENT (WEEK 5 CHOKECHERRY)

HEY! Wait a second! Why my review was not in the raffle?

My review was submitted and approved during that week, as far as I remember... In that case, I believe that raffle should be repeated.
My COATS Review. I actually did a comment about it during that exact week in this thread:

author=Ilan14
Phew... It took me a lot, but I finally submitted my review...

Now to wait for the sweet Makerscore! XD
Wait a moment, no. I'm sure I did it during the event. Let me check this out...
It could be that you submitted a draft earlier, and thus the date of the draft remained, when you finished the actual review late.
@TungerManU: June 26th was the date I started writing the rewiew and left it in Draft. I officially submitted it in July 17th, during the third week of the event.

Ergo: I should have been in that raffle.
Sadly, the review counts the day you started writing it. Not sure whether any exceptions can be made.
But that didn't said it in the rules, it said that every accepted review between whatever week was the event, would be in the raffle.

And still, I really don't think I should be left out of an achievement, and of the raffle of a free game just because of a misclarification of the rules.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Actually it's always been that way, the review date is set to when the review is first written, whether that is in draft form or not. Kentona is obviously running his list off the date the review is dated and in your case that's before the event started. Otherwise it could be used to 'game' the system by writing reviews and leaving them in draft until an event and then submitting them in a piecemeal fashion.

e:You knew that, because Piano raised the same issue even about the same game in this thread, and your response after Piano was informed about the draft date being the review date was,

author=Ilan14
Ooooooohhh... That makes sense.

Well, makerscore is makerscore, so I'm still doing mine! :P

Which is true, you still get the makerscore for doing the review. You just didn't write it, or at least you didn't write all of it during the event.

Other edit: I just went and looked at the rules and the first line is

kentona
So, for each accepted review on RMN dated June 30th to July 6th, your name will be added to the pool of users from which I will randomly select a winner on July 9th

Accepted and dated between the relevant weeks, yours is dated June 26th.
I see that, but it feels unfair and frustrating, the rules said that accepted reviews would enter the raffle and get and achievement (when I read dated it felt like it clearly meant, accepted during a week of the event) and I was expecting just that, and suddenly I found out that I was wrong and don't get anything.

And personally, I don't like the way reviews are dated, I mean that reviews should be dated by the date it was accepted, not when it was started to be written, so that way, new reviews would be in the first page. Otherwise, a late review would be pages behind the new reviews and since there's no way to look at how many people saw your review, that review might as well be invisible for the others.

Ok, I'm derailing the conversation now, but I think you get my point. It doesn't feel right that I'm out of the rewards because of a simple misunderstanding...
Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter now...

If you excuse me now, I'm going to dispel my angst in other threads. XD
nhubi
Well since Soli accepts reviews in a group even with that system it could easily be a page or so back. He doesn't check them everyday, I think it's about once a week, so especially when a review event is on, they can pile up to over a page worth.

Also, why does it matter how many people saw or read your review when it comes out? Reviews are made for two groups, the developer, who trust me as long as they are around are going to read it, and people who are thinking about playing the game, which means they'll go to the page, see there is a review and most probably read it. You'll hit your target audience irrespective. In addition all the game's subscribers get a notification of a new review so they'll probably swing by and have a look out of interest. I'm actually really curious about this point, why do 'review-views' matter?

The system is set up, I believe, to prevent gaming for events such as this. It's so you can't write most of it and then knowing there is an event on the horizon (since this place is pretty good at foreshadowing future events) wait until it's started before submitting. I mean that review you wrote is long and very detailed (and a pretty good read - you can count me as one of those who have read it and you've got great feedback from the dev) and I imagine you wrote some of it before the event started. Even if you disagree with the dating of reviews, surely you can accept that the review should at least be written during the time of it, not started beforehand?

The achievement garners you 15MS, write another review in the next week and a half and not only do you get three times that just for the review you'll also get one of the achievements as well, and we'll get to read another of your detailed reviews.
Chin up! You may not have gotten the achievment you wanted, but you got juicy MS, became a productive member of society, and will now be refered to as Ilan14 the review squad.

Now really, it's cool to see reviews coming. Sorry you couldn't net some jelly with it. I can only give you a good hug!
Nhubi's idea is still valid, of course.
@nhubi: Yeah, I guess I can accept that. And I think I would like to see how many people saw my review, because in the bottom, I have quite a big ego. :P

By the way, I'm glad you like the review! :)

<_< >_>

P.S. : Besides the achievement, there was also the raffle for a free game. That's not an everyday chance... XD

@Kylaila: The review squad, eh? Hmm... :3
You could always shoot for the second saturday score .. *chuckle*
nhubi
Well you could always make a suggestion in the 4.6 thread about site improvements to ask if there could be a page count on reviews. The worst that can happen is you get told it's too much work for too little reward or some such thing.

Oh, yes I forgot about the game, I'm never in the running for one of those, no matter how much Kentona kvetches at me for it.

Yep, review squad, you need a minimum of 3 reviews for entry and you're there xD. Though that doesn't mean you get to slack off, we do have a fine reputation to uphold.
nhubi
You mean that the system assigns it a potential space? It's not submitted until you hit the submit button when it pops up on the queue. If you decide to delete whilst it's still in draft I think that review number goes back into the pot to be reassigned to another gamepage (though I could be mistaken there) and the url ceases to exist.

So you think that the review date should be the submitted date? That doesn't stop the issue of gaming the system though. It's easy enough to write something up and leave it in draft until a review event comes up and then submit it. MS seems like a big deal to some people (more than the casual joking around that you see on the monthly stats thread) and this would be a way of garnering more of it without actually adhering to the spirit of the event which is to play the game and write the review within the timeframe of it.

Still Kentona gets the final say on all of this and if he thinks it would be more equitable to date content via acceptance or submission rather than written date, I'm sure he'll add it to his big list of 'stuff to do with RMN'. Personally I prefer it the way it currently stands.
well then!

The reason why I go by submitted date is that Solitayre needs time to accept reviews - it would be unfair to have a review submitted during Red Pepper week not count because Solitayre had to take until Wednesday to approve it.

That being said, I will give ilan14 the badge for Red Pepper, because he was being earnest, and add him to the next weeks raffle.

(also, you guys credit me with wayyyy to much forethought)

E:
draft status is still "submitted as draft". Still fills out the submit date.