RPGMAKER.NET SLACK GROUP - COME DISCUSS EVERYTHING!

author=Yellow Magic
I'm good, thanks: Going forwards I think Slack has a lot more potential than a single Skype group - Consistent cross-platform UX, multiple channels, Slackbot fun, integration with various APIs...Slack really is the future of real-time comms.

Yeah, agreed.

I just joined as well, and the interface is pretty clean/intuitive. IRC especially tends to be a bit clunky on Mobile.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
So we're now using the same messaging service as NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory... Gammak has come a long way.

I might sign up. I haven't decided whether or not I trust it yet. I bought an ottoman once during a two-day only sale and I still don't trust it to support me without collapsing.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I'm in as Space Lizard. Hopefully this "motivation by osmosis" thing works in my favor. Also, I can't stand IRC, so this is refreshingly simple.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I might join up, we use slack at work, but I don't know how much I need to stoke my fires of distraction :P
author=Yellow Magic
author=BowelMovement
You mean sort of like that skype group we've had for apparently a while now and is still getting a thousand messages a day on regular occasion?

Seriously you sound like a cool guy add me (bizarremonkey) on skype and I'll hook you up.

You'll then likely concede this thread is pointless and we can all just have a chuckle.
I'm good, thanks: Going forwards I think Slack has a lot more potential than a single Skype group - Consistent cross-platform UX, multiple channels, Slackbot fun, integration with various APIs...Slack really is the future of real-time comms.

We're 20 members and counting! Pretty active as well, so anyone who hasn't signed-up yet is ever-so-slightly missing out...

Does it have the ability to be embeded into a webpage?
As in 'can you use it in a browser' or 'can I add this to the site somehow'? Yes to the first, not sure about the second, though that would be pretty damn cool. Even if we had an in-site chatroom that's only available on one page - maybe under the Community header.
It has a long list of things it can integrate with, but I think it's on a per-user basis.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I'm not sure if there's any one means of adding to a website per se, but we could definitely take advantage of the Slack API.

Also, I woke up to this today. Jesus Christ you guys

your cellphone has a bigger resolution than my desktop
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
It's a 1st gen Motorola Moto G 4G. I think you might need a better desktop
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=LockeZ
I don't understand how anyone can possibly keep up with it.
Well you don't obviously.

I've governed three skype chats, it's not that complicated.

As for YM's proposal. Maybe I'll look into Slack, we'll see.
I recently started using Slack as a way to help moderate a plug.dj room, so I have no qualms about joining this. Consider me suckered in.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
@yellow you can configure it so it only alerts you when your mentioned but you are admin so idk how fine tuned those can go
If there is a lot of new stuff since your last login, just act as if they were just the last 20 (or 5 depending on the situation).
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
ACCEPT MY INVITE OR WHATEVER THIS INSTANT YOUNG LADY I'm gonna join in too because why da hell nut?
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
author=ExtremeDevelopment
ACCEPT MY INVITE OR WHATEVER THIS INSTANT YOUNG LADYI'm gonna join in too because why da hell nut?

It should instantly accept you check your email!
unity
You're magical to me.
I want to chat but it lowers my productivity by like 85% and I have a lot to get done today ;_;