UPCOMING GAME (MECHANICS) DISCUSSION.

Pages: first prev 12 last
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Not sure how I'm going to exactly do the fusing system.
Thiamor
How does one of my ideas sound for the game? One of my boss battles has it where there are 2 enemies and if you kill one it instantly comes back to life and vice versa. It's a Soul Connect. Their life is tied into each other's and you have to kill them at the same time, or wait out the timer for it to wear off, but they get much stronger and faster if this happens.
You'll need enough ways for your character to hit both at once and a way to tell when they're close to death (an HP bar is all you need really). Here's an example of a boss made of two parts that can revive each other.
Thiamor
There are ways but it's with a slower build up. And the way that I have it set-up, plot wise, is that after both get revived a few times, the main character speaks about knowing who they are and how their power is derived from a Soul Connect, which connects 2 or more people's souls together so if one is to get hurt they can't die unless all inflicted with it die at the same time.

He goes on to explain that it isn't the only weakness such an ability has, and that as long as they wait it out long enough for the power to fade, they can win. Which is 10 minutes, but once soul connect fades, their stats increase by half. If they kill them off at the same time, it'll take longer.

And thirdly each time you kill one and it revives, it automatically takes 500 damage off of you. This is to "persuade" people into not spamming attack so often.
So you have the revive damage as a means to punish reckless offense and the stat buff to punish turtling - sounds legit. However, I suggest the Soul Connect to wear off after a certain number of turns so I can't just bring one low and wait a bit, then finish the weakened one off. Of course, the timed thing is fine if you use an ATB system.
Thiamor
Yes, it's an ATB.
Thiamor
Hell one of the bosses I have next, which is the next boss battle later on after the one above, is called Omega-J. A mecha-robot type that has 3 stages. Attack, boost, and overheat.

With attack, it's just as it's said. It's the only time it attacks the players. Boost uses "junction" changes, which is magic that will randomly boost something he uses when in the attack stage, and randomly chooses how much it'll cast it and how much it varies between each junction changing type, but the only constant is it heals while in that stage.

While in the overheated stage, it's over all hp is filled but is lowered drastically. For instance when in the attack stage it's 500,000, when in the junction stage, 1,000,000 (since it can't attack) and when in the overheated stage, it'll have 100,000 hp and damage does NOT carry over, but the damage done to each stays the same when it returns to those states.

In the overheated stage all magic is reflected and they can only do straight up physical attacks and physical attack-based skills. I like this battle the most thus far due to the stages.
Thiamor
I could use someone to help test out my maps for me here in the near future. Anyone up for it?
Thiamor
Also here's some of the map that I patched together in paint since it's too big to show off one in-tact screenshot.

SORRY for the double post, I'm tired.
Pages: first prev 12 last