HI, I'M NEW.

Pages: first 12 next last
Just like the title says.
No games, or anything amazing,
because I'm not very confident with my skill level.
I started playing around with RM2k3 like...not even a month ago.

If it's okay to ask, what programs do people use? I really like RM2k3,
even if I have to drown myself in tutorials,
because I started last month, and still generally suck at everything.

So... yep, that's me. I'm Fisty. I'm a noob. Hello.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Hello! Welcome to RMN!

These days I enjoy rpg maker VX Ace because its powerful and has a lot of support.

also, you should feel comfortable putting any games on here or asking any questions :)
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Don't worry, I have the same skill level as you, despite being here a long time.

Perhaps I should stop slacking...

But anyways, welcome! Enjoy your stay!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Hello, New!

Welcome to RMN!
author=InfectionFiles
Hello! Welcome to RMN!

These days I enjoy rpg maker VX Ace because its powerful and has a lot of support.

also, you should feel comfortable putting any games on here or asking any questions :)

Thank you very much!

I've heard a lot of VX Ace-- lots of positives! But, I'm kinda nosy, what do you mean, "more power"? (I've seen the support though, lots of people seem to swing team VX Ace, which is really rad.)

I think I'm mainly nervous because the only things I recall with game making is people scorning using publicly available scripts, and...the fact I really have no idea what I'm doing, and kinda need publicly available scripts and tutorials to actually have some grasp of what to do. (Caterpillar formation will forever give me a frighten.)

author=oddRABBIT
Don't worry, I have the same skill level as you, despite being here a long time.

Perhaps I should stop slacking...

But anyways, welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Scripts are headaches if it's any condolence...? <8'D Thank you very much!
author=Ratty524
Hello, New!

Welcome to RMN!

Thank you very much! ^^
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
The hip and cool kids either use VX Ace or 2k3.

I am a hip and cool kid.

Welcome to RMN!
author=Porkate42

I am a hip and cool kid.

Welcome to RMN!

oh no i'm not cool or hip, what am i doing using 2k3, not worthy-- *user has been dragged away*

Thank you! (also your avatar made me grin omg)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
VX Ace is powerful in what it can do and the options it has with minimal effort unlike rm2k3, which I love by the way it's all I used up until a few years ago. But i. also looking forward to commercial horizons to turn my hobby into a little extra $$$.

Honestly, as long as you're not stealing or using other rm developers graphics or anything that's stated for no outside use, I think you're okay.

A lot of things have changed though and I feel RMN is one the most open, helpful sites for rpg making now. So don't worry about that stuff here :D
Hello Fisty welcome to RMN!
As InfectionFiles said, RMN is a very open place.
Very, diverse, too!

Try not to beat yourself up to much over being a noob >_>
What kind of games do you want to make?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Porkate42

I am a hip and cool kid.

Welcome to RMN!

What type of kids use MV or XP?
author=InfectionFiles
VX Ace is powerful in what it can do and the options it has with minimal effort unlike rm2k3, which I love by the way it's all I used up until a few years ago. But i. also looking forward to commercial horizons to turn my hobby into a little extra $$$.

Honestly, as long as you're not stealing or using other rm developers graphics or anything that's stated for no outside use, I think you're okay.

A lot of things have changed though and I feel RMN is one the most open, helpful sites for rpg making now. So don't worry about that stuff here :D

I won't even pretend to say RM2k3 doesn't require a lot--so many switches needed for very (apparently) simple tasks. But, I still love both--I played a bit with VX Ace, and plan to use it for other projects that would require a bit more.
I am sending luck in your directly, but taking a peek, I bet you could do it. ^^

Oh man, I think I'd implode--I barely hold back over theft suspicion, I couldn't steal without flippanicking. I just couldn't get a caterpillar formation working, and seen a great premade script + tutorial on how to make said script, and felt immediate relief.

Mhm! It really seems warm and friendly, and I'm way less nervous now--it might still take me several years to post a game. because I'm a perfectionist and if one of my bug testers says there's a bug, I'll try everything to fix said code before a more public release OTL I am my own worst critic.

author=XoeisCooI
Hello Fisty welcome to RMN!
As InfectionFiles said, RMN is a very open place.
Very, diverse, too!

Try not to beat yourself up to much over being a noob >_>
What kind of games do you want to make?

Mhm!! Everyone seems really welcoming, and the overall tone seems way more chill than the older threads I read... I mean that in the best way, because I didn't want to bound in like, "Hi I'm not a skilled person but wanted to have a fun hobby"
Thank you, too. ;w;

I'll try not to--we all start off as newbies, yeah? While I don't want to sound too hard on myself, I also dread sounding like one of those people who bite off more than they can chew.
As I implied earlier, this is kind of my little hobby now...a good way to pass hours in the nights when caring for grandparents. Especially in the summer.

I'm currently playing with a few things. Like, I've always wanted to make a Yume Nikki type of game. (Effect collecting/sandbox/bizarre sights? Count me in, haha)
I also needed the caterpillar formation for an EarthBound fangame, which I'm currently playing with.
But, the battle system of RM2k3 really brings me back to the days of Lunar: SilverStar Story, and ye olden Final Fantasy games. Brings a smile to my face. So, I could totally see myself doing that, too.
I just wish I could figure out a way to make a custom battle screen similar to EB, or even EB:B/EarthBound Beginnings...
So, tl;dr: A lot of turn based games, a few open world/dream games, maybe be a bugtester for others online, that sounds rad too.
author=kentona
Hi, I'm old.

Whoa--
You're actually the one who made the caterpillar tutorial I was reading.
I wanted to post a thank you, but the tutorial was last posted in like...2012.
Necroing the thread would've been a bit stupid.

But, seriously--thank you. You saved me a week of wondering why the script I put in first was launching people into the sun, and saved me a week of trying to fix said script.
Welcome. I use RPG maker vx ace, because I bought it before MV came out and I don't have the money to buy MV.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I mostly use Manga Studio 5 and GIMP.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Hi, New. I'm pianotm.
author=pianotm
Hi, New. I'm pianotm.

WHY'RE U ALWAYS DOING MY JOKES BEFORE ME
Hello :D

I do not make games. I am just an extra here but yeah. Good luck! I can already see your rage burning!
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Welcome!

RM2k3 is fine, lots of people use it (i.e.: me...).

Post your games and witness people tearing it apart.
Pages: first 12 next last