22%
I play but haven't chosen a team yet.
8%
I don't play.
52%

Pages: first 12 next last
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Honestly surprised there isn't a topic about this already (unless there is and I didn't see it).

Anyone playing? I'm currently level 11 in Team Instinct, my highest CP Pokémon is a 346 Raticate.
I'm on Team Canada, so I don't play.

Prob gonna go with my boy Zapdos (whatever that team is) if it ever comes out here though.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I'm waiting on the seventh gen to come to Pokemon Go, then I'll be taking a world tour.

maybe
Happy
Devil's in the details
Wow, these poll results are surprising. Team Mystic here! \o/

Though apparently my friends had chosen team yellow in a party I was at recently and suggested we'd all join it so we can topple gyms together, but I didn't remember it being discussed. >_>
author=Pizza
I'm on Team Canada, so I don't play.
As a resident of Canuckistan I don't have a way to play that doesn't involve doing things I really don't want to do to play pokemon.

(The first time I heard about this I literally thought it was about Go, to the point that when asked if I played it I replied "I don't know how to play Go". I am so out of video game news circles nowadays I don't even know what's hot and trending!)
Yeah I noticed this site hasn't mentioned it a lot, and I think it has to do with having members from so many different countries, many of which, Pokemon Go hasn't released in yet.

But yeah... Team Valor for life.

PAINT THE TOWN RED.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
East or west

Team Mystic is the best

And as for the rest

They all suck
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Why does this poll exist already? It isn't even out everywhere yet.
Trihan
It's out in the UK now so I assumed it was out everywhere. :P
UK ISN'T THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE! MY GOD!!
Trihan
That's exactly my point, kentona. I assumed that because the UK is usually the last to get anything. :P
Happy
Devil's in the details
I was about to post here, but I made a journal topic. https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/21124/

Yeah, Go's not out in EU, but it ain't stopping us from flooding the US (I presume) servers!

Oh it is out in the UK? I need to check if it's officially out here then, too. Usually Europe does get everything last.
Apparently I just found out earlier today that my freakin’ brother plays Pokemon GO out of all people! This is the same guy who recently just got promoted as a general manager at his workplace and has told me countless times over that he has no time to play any silly games anymore and that his entire new goal in life is to make as much money as possible…but here he is playing Pokemon GO on his phone while we were driving today to the grocery store to get something. He was actually showing me a bit of the ropes about how this game works and all and he even caught a Venonat while we were in the parking lot, lol.

Also, I love what he said when we were driving home: “…F*ck! All this town has are nothing but Pidgeys and Rattata’s,” which is funny because all we have in terms of any real wildlife around here are nothing but real Rats and a f*cking ton of Crows, lol.

Now, I used to play Pokemon YEARS ago back during the original craze, but I haven’t picked up a Pokemon game since Gold and Silver for the Game Boy Color. I’m not really interested in getting back into the series, or downloading this game at all, but I do like the concept of getting people moving around town while walking around, as it is a good exercise and I’ve been doing it for years myself, and getting to meet new people along the way and explore more of your area around the city is also good.

I know there have been some stories posted online and mentioned in the news about people falling off cliffs or invading certain homes and businesses, but I’m guessing that those are all in the minority of cases. The only real negative that I’ve noticed lately about the game myself is that the park that I usually go play Basketball at has become one of those Pokestops things so I’m seeing a lot more people around when I go to play and some of them will even go inside the court and walk around the area getting in the way while they’re looking down on their phones not playing attention – but whatever! I usually just tell them to move.

Anyways, the game sounds and looks pretty cool from what I've seen, and a lot of people are having fun with it. I’d say let them have their fun.
56% of everyone polled here doesn't play? How many people on the site are Canadian? That's nuts, because tons and tons of people seem to play this game (including myself). It has spurred people actually getting out of their houses and talking to each other like nothing I've ever seen.

Me and some friends were at a park in Seattle, late at night, and my friend goes "Oh shit, an Eevee!" and some disembodied voice in the darkness goes "Where!?"

Long story short, we met like 30 people in the park spaced out over an hour, all playing Pokemon Go. Walked with some lady we met in the park, catching Hitmonlees. We walked back to our cars, saw people playing Pokemon Go. Some Chinese old couple saw us and laughed, said something in Mandarin, and waved their phone. I don't understand Mandarin, but they were probably playing Pokemon Go. Driving back home 12 A.M., saw people walking around playing Pokemon Go.
It came yesterday in Canada so I'm playing now
Trihan
I was staying with a friend in another town over the weekend. On Friday we were out until 1am, at which point I saw another friend of mine pull up by a pokéstop in a car with his girlfriend, her mum and her sister, as they hunted for Pikachu.

10/10, would catch 'em all again.

Also my highest Pokémon is now a 1155 Pinsir that hatched from a 10km egg and I'm level 19.
yeah well I just caught a Weedle. #TeamMystic4lyf
I downloaded it yesterday and gave it a five minute spin. Here's the play-by-play:

- Got annoyed with how this game draws text. I'm amazed a game done by people who got paid to make something used something so awful, holy shit.

- Had some fun playing dress up.

- Threw a ball at a Caterpie causing the game to immediately softlock. rip

I'll try it again later but the lack of nicknaming caught pokemon is already sorely missed. I need you, Weedlord Bulbahitler!
Happy
Devil's in the details
You should be able to rename your pokémans! Also, the game will be more fun once the distance tracking starts work again properly. Right now it doesn't really show when you're getting closer to a specific pokémon.
Pages: first 12 next last