[MAFIA] - SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI {GAME OVER}

We'll let cave decide if lockez is a team player of himself since I didn't have anywhere I could use my power. He's right though, we probably won't be able to rely on whatever comes up.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=LockeZ
Oh good, the nuisance is dead.

Psy, we've killed three Lucifers already. Killing another one isn't going to be any more helpful. It's just going to turn more and more people into Lucifer.

I've spent the last half hour reading about endings to SMT games, trying to find some clue about how a law-aligned character might win in the SMT universe. And I've found it. My new plan, based on the plot of the original Shin Megami Tensei, is to die while still law-aligned, and be resurrected as the Messiah.

I raise my arms as I look to the sky now and await the judgement of man. Crucify me, and I will return on the third day. Actually, hopefully sooner, since there aren't very many days left.

#lynch LockeZ

aaaaaa! a demon made entirely out of glue and macaroni determines that lockez threw himself under the bus with this post!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Day 8 begins. With four alive, it takes three to lynch. There is no deadline.

Not voting: Lockez, demonlord, Nessiah, Psywombats
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
what a shocking twist
I guess that means the final Lucifer is one of LockeZ/demon, probably whoever pushed to analyze LockeZ's self-immolation vote vs an older vote. Also sorry demonlord didn't realize your power was specifically a night ability and not a whenever thing or I wouldn't have hammered.

And yes, being "infected" should change your win condition. I'm actually surprised chaos's win conditions haven't been fulfilled.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's not that his power is a night ability. It just requires a lynch for him to target, and yesterday ended before he and I could lynch each-other. Analyzing an older vote would be pointless because his power only tells whether the vote was bussing at the time it was made.

He could use his power on himself today, but probably won't, because he's Lucifer, and he knows that doing so would clear you and Nessy.
It's a whenever thing, but how it works is that the lynch were testing has to take place after the alignment change happened. If one us did get converted, and I used a lynch before that conversion, then it'd return as bussing instead of not-bussing. At least that's how I understand it. As a result I needed to do a new lynch + cancel in order to test it. I can't lynch during the night phase though, and that's where it screwed me up.

I'm also fairly sure you don't find out you are neo-lucifer until the day phase. The reason I say that is zeuzio said he'd lynch himself if he became the new lucifer during the night phase, and it wasn't until the day phase happened that he told us. He tried to get us to ally with chaos as a part of his play. This leads me to believe that whatever happens during the night phase isn't all that useful for the investigation. Lockez can confirm this.

I don't know how relevent my investigation was last night, but it said lockez bussed himself, rather than that he didn't buss himself. It was my first time trying such a method as the older post was unreliable. Lockez suggested I try it as a joke since that's all I could really do without placing a new lynch.
Also I am completely fine with using my power on myself, if that clears me.
...Then why don't you place a new lynch now and examine that?
Sure thing.

#lynch lockez
#cancel

Just like this right? I'm pretty sure just lynching myself and checking it would turn up bussing regardless.
LockeZ
my fake truthtelling power has detected that if you potentially said "I am not Lucifer" it would be a lie
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=demonlord5000
Sure thing.

#lynch lockez
#cancel

Just like this right? I'm pretty sure just lynching myself and checking it would turn up bussing regardless.

it's me!!! the day 8 demon!!! day 8 demon says no bussing here!!
LockeZ
That seems conclusive

#lynch demonlord5000

If you decide you want to lynch me instead, that's fine, I'll just ascend as the next member of the holy trinity and become this game's messiah. Or not. That might not be a thing. I still don't know how to win despite being the most important player in the game. It's getting old. Maybe I win by peacefully coexisting with Lucifer. Maybe I win by dying. Maybe I secretly won on night 0. It's all a mystery.
That's assuming you aren't just saying you used your power in order to live another day. Either way it seems hopeless, either lockez dies tonight, or I get turned during the next day phase and die then.

#lynch lockez
Wait so is there like no Lucifer right now?
I had to go out for a bit. Anyways, because my result returned as not-bussing, that means lucifer is either me or lockez. Given that I'm actually being helpful here, while lockez claims to have used his power on me (I don't know what he did with his power, as he pmed cavedog in an attempt to be sneaky about it), but I can say for sure that lucifer is not me.

I also know the truth about lockez power, and it is not a lie detector. Because there is not much point concealing it anymore, I'll just say that once per night phase he can check if a person is chaos aligned or not. That's how we were able to coordinate on that one hikitsune lynch.
LockeZ
Beep beep, demonlord is LYING in this post

...not about my power, though, that part is correct

But whatever, feel free to kill me if you don't believe me. I do have some story-related reasons for thinking I can reincarnate, it's not just a complete ass-pull.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

A black gun floats up from a well! Light seems to fall into it.
A lustrous spear falls from the sky! You cannot look directly at it.
A dusty tome materializes from the fog. It has a cool face on the cover.

There is one of each of these. You may #grab any of these weapons and then #shoot, #stab, or #incant another player respectively.

LockeZ
#grab gun

I dub this firearm the "Lawgiver," named after the real-world fake weapon of the same name from Judge Dredd.

Demonlord I dare you to obtain the Longinus and pierce my side with it. Let's see what happens.
I kind of wanted the spear but guess that's reserved for demonlord to duel with. Also I think you could've just grabbed them all LockeZ, when weaponry starts falling from the sky I don't think there are many rules.

#grab tome

Oh, and if you want to gun down demonlord/lucifer and then hammer yourself to end the game:

#lynch LockeZ