[POLL] IS FINAL FANTASY 13 TRILOGY THAT BAD?

Poll

Is the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy that bad? - Results

Yes
28%
No
39%
Never played them so I don't care
31%

Pages: first prev 12 last
Only played the first one, and... I don't know. I never loved playing it. I think, at best, I just liked it. A little bit. Usually I just found it kind of boring and sometimes frustrating.

The story had potential, but its delivery was pretty poor (having to read the in-game glossary to figure out what something is that the characters just talked about and had never been mentioned before was a little annoying). I also hated the chapters of the game that just felt like corridor simulators. So often, you'd be stuck running through really linear areas that offered little to no sense of exploration. Very rarely did I feel like I could diverge from whatever path I was supposed to take, and that was usually down on Gran Pulse.

Some parts of the game were just painful and, if the game didn't have a somewhat interesting story to carry it through these parts, I don't think I would have gotten far in it at all.
The story is not that bad, but the gameplay is pretty straight forward and that is what most fans are disappoint.
Pages: first prev 12 last