NET NEUTRALITY DAY OF ACTION

I dunno, everyone seems to be 100% against the government on this front at least. I'd be surprised if anyone came in suddenly shouting this is a wonderful idea that everyone should embrace and love and cherish.

I'd hope we all have enough sense no matter your party to know that people are dumb sometimes and people in leadership positions are even dumber (especially when they just want to line their pockets even more).
I managed to get a game dev whose forum has over 15 thousand active members to put this on his front page.
author=Dyhalto
Careful, guys. If you say Beetlejuice one more time, this thread will ignite into another Left vs Right conflagration.

If those in power tricked enough people into thinking this is a partisan issue, then we've already lost.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Dyhalto
Careful, guys. If you say Beetlejuice one more time, this thread will ignite into another Left vs Right conflagration.

How about Candyman?
*Where's Hollywood with their remakes now?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=kentona
author=Dyhalto
If those in power tricked enough people into thinking this is a partisan issue, then we've already lost.

I think it was more my (and GRS's) criticism of the policies of the current crop of Repubs, which, yeah, fair cop.
It's more that if you keep saying "The Republicans this and the Republicans that" (which is entirely true), then sooner or later someone will come out and say "Oh yeah, well the Democrats this and that!" and then for fuck's sakes...
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I feel like more people should cultivate the skill of sighing heavily, rolling one's eyes, and clicking the back button. It's been pretty awesome for me!
author=Dyhalto
It's more that if you keep saying "The Republicans this and the Republicans that" (which is entirely true), then sooner or later someone will come out and say "Oh yeah, well the Democrats this and that!" and then for fuck's sakes...

In these crazy political times, I fully expect a political debate to occur in any given topic that may ignite it (such as this one). As far as me and my mod reach is concerned, that's fine, as long as the usual basic courtesy and respect is afforded. I doubt that though, so my advice (not a rule, but advice) to everyone is to keep the partisan politics to a minimum.

However, I will not let any debate, political or otherwise, devolve into 'whataboutism'. In this example, this really is something that's more or less laid at the feet at the fault of Republicans, so hopefully we shouldn't see it here. However, if anyone else does feel differently or contrary to the mold, then you have to back it up with, you know, facts, and not "BUT WHAT ABOUT-"

Anyway, that's neither here or there, really. The issue at hand, Net Neutrality IS a VERY VERY important topic that needs to be discussed that hopefully, like kentona said, is too common sense to be partisan.
Well, I mean to be fair, since it's the Repub's doing this to us here and now, it makes sense to put it on their footstep. You can't really argue that this is anyone else's fault at this time since it's only the current gov pushing for it and everyone else is maintaining a hell no attitude about it.
That's what I'm saying, Lib. Didja read my post? :(

author=me
In this example, this really is something that's more or less laid at the feet at the fault of Republicans, so hopefully we shouldn't see it here.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Dyhalto

Man, these days, I expect a political argument to break out over a discussion of My Little Pony.
author=Feldschlacht IV

author=me
In this example, this really is something that's more or less laid at the feet at the fault of Republicans, so hopefully we shouldn't see it here.

Lol, you sniped me.
author=Liberty
author=Feldschlacht IV

author=me
Lol, you sniped me.

Ah, that's my bad! No worries!
author=pianotm
Man, these days, I expect a political argument to break out over a discussion of My Little Pony.

Man, these days I expect people to complain about bringing politics into threads about political issues.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Republican forums forbid to complain about politics.
Sooz
"These days" nothin, stupid politics flamewars have been a staple of the internet from the beginning, and a staple of human interaction before that. It's the whole reason why you're not supposed to talk about politics or religion around acquaintances: people get all hot under the collar when their foundational beliefs are challenged.
in some places, if you discuss politics, you end up in jail or somewhere undesirable
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=bicfarmer
in some places, if you discuss politics, you end up in jail or somewhere undesirable
Do you mean RMN?

Also, can we wait to start saying things until they actually happen? The only talk is of preventing a political firestorm by basically fueling one when it probably wasn't an issue here.
Sooz
It could be worse: we could be arguing about villains! :V
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Sooz
It could be worse: we could be arguing about villains! :V

Which one's better, Kefka or Sephiroth?