OFFICIAL IGMC 2017 TAKING PART THREAD (BETTER THAN REVIVER) EXTRAVAGANZA 2,000,000

Pages: first 123 next last
ESBY
extreme disappointment
Another week, another event. This one has cash money. Rules and stuff here.

Emmych and some other nerd have represented RMN well in the past. Who's going to step up this year.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Good luck to everyone joining! I hope you all have a great time.

Unfortunately, I'm busy crunching for work this year so I won't have the chance to join. Maybe next time.
Huge RM deal at HumbleBundle to go with it, too
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/rpg-maker-software

I mean, VX Ace for $1 minumum? Sure. I might not actually use it for anything, but maybe I'll at least be able to participate in some of this site's more RM-centric events.

e: holy hell what kind of RM "starter pack" costs more than $100?
author=turkeyDawg
e: holy hell what kind of RM "starter pack" costs more than $100?

Check out some of the DLC for RM on steam and see how quickly you can rack up a bill of $100 and there ya go, a starter pack!
Yeah, I'm redeeming the codes now and apparently "starter pack" means like, 9 fukkin DLCs individually

Still pretty weird that graphic and music resources cost more than the games made with them lol
Not really, considering the amount of hours and effort that goes into creating resources that work together. Even the engines cost so much because they include the price of the RTP.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

RPG Maker on Steam goes for pretty low on sales.
But it kind of hurts me that they don't allow anyone to submit anything with RPG Maker '95. I mean come on!

Well it's not officially released in English so they couldn't officially allow it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
2K and 2K3 had a lot of user support to get those translated officially. I have no idea where 95 would stand.
author=Marrend
2K and 2K3 had a lot of user support to get those translated officially. I have no idea where 95 would stand.

I can't even make the "there's dozens of us! Dozens!" joke because I am honestly not sure if there are dozens.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Hurrah, I actually have an idea I want to implement - and just might be able to finish it in a month!

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Now, this is quite a decision. To revive a game and get something done or to try this and fail hard.
Is there any theme?
author=Cap_H
Now, this is quite a decision. To revive a game and get something done or to try this and fail hard.
Is there any theme?

The theme is 'failure'
author=kentona
author=Cap_H
Is there any theme?
The theme is 'failure'
I'll fit right in~ Honestly deciding which I want to do will be difficult. I barely have time for one of them...
There's no theme this year.

Also, here: https://discord.gg/H886NDP
A link to the IGMC discord.

On RMN discord we also have an IGMC room.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I think, if I can find the time, I'm going to make a game based on a recurring dream I used to have.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
a one-hour rpg with a month to make it? lol. any time i try to make a two-hour game it becomes ten hours long. seems stupidly arbitrary for RPG MAKER
It doesn't have to be an hour long, that's just the baseline maximum time a judge will play it. It's acceptable if you make Secret Final Warrior of Ice and it's a 10 hour game, but the first hour better be good because that's what is going to be judged.
Pages: first 123 next last