AN N64 MINI? DOES IT HAVE 21 GOOD GAMES?

Pages: first 12 next last
So the NES Mini and SNES Mini are things now. Naturally, the N64 Mini is the next thing to think about.

What games would be on it?

I fondly remember a select few games for the N64 that were amazing, but I don't recall a wide breadth of quality games like the NES or SNES before it. I also didn't play a few of the popular ones (like Mario Party or Majora's Mask or Paper Mario)

My list is rather small as a result:

Super Smash Bros.
GoldenEye 007
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Fox 64

Of course, the N64 would have to have 4 player support and replicas of the tri-pronged controller.
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (OOT has so many reboots too lol), my favorite hehe.

Banjo Kazooie was fun too.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY1

Pokemon Snap!!

And omg, I even had the racer, ahaha. It was ... alright : D
Yeah, N64 probably has the smallest library.

In addition to what you said (including Paper Mario & Majora's Mask), my picks would be:
Mario Golf
Cruis'n World
F-Zero X
Diddy Kong Racing
Mischief Makers
Kirby 64
One of the Rare platformers

And maybe some other contenders could be:
Wipeout 64, if you just wanna slam every racer on there. I mean, it's a good console for racing games lol
Puzzle Bobble/Bust-a-Move '99
maybe Tetris 64 or Pokemon Puzzle League?
One of the Tony Hawk games
uhh... Rakuga Kids?
Pokemon Snap

and the previously unreleased beta of Earthbound 64 :v
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
If it has:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Perfect Dark
Evangelion: Neon Genesis
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Banjo and Kazooie

I'm good. This may be the mini I actually buy if those seven are on it.
author=kentona
So the NES Mini and SNES Mini are things now. Naturally, the N64 Mini is the next thing to think about.

The Virtual Boy Mini should be next haha I'm sure they could fit that tech into a binoculars-sized package. They could release all 14 NA games on it! No choices or complaining about missing games.

As a side note, it's sad that when you search "super nintendo release date" you get 2017 :/ Video game history is being overwritten.
21 copies of Quest 64.

But yeah it seems like all the best candidates have already been named. Problem is that Rare basically defined the N64, and all of their games save for Donkey Kong 64 are owned by Microsoft now.

I find your lack of Pilot Wings disturbing.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=pianotm

There was an Evangelion game on the N64?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
unity
pianotm
There was an Evangelion game on the N64?

Yep! It wasn't released in the U. S., though. I have the ROM. It's exactly what you'd expect: a video game about robots beating each other up.
Blast Corps...

Pokemon Puzzle League...
SIN AND PUNISHMENT motherfuckers
I knew I was forgetting something big. You'd think I wouldn't forget S&P given how much I've played it...

Also remembering that Ogre Battle 64 is a game I've seen people mention a lot, but I've never played it myself. It was on Virtual Console, so Nintendo would probably consider it for a Mini.

Oh yeah, and Yoshi's Story.
where the fuck is Wave Race 64?

You'd also need Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon too as the piece de resistance

- Mario 64 is mandatory
- Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing. I'd go with MK64 but DKR has it's own advantages. I'd go with one or the either though, two kart racers feels a bit much especially when combined with...
- ofc Wave Race 64!
- Episode One Pod Racer afaik was good too but 4 racers is pushing it...
- Zelda Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time. MM is IMO much better but OoT is the more iconic game.
- Golden Eye can cover the shooters. afaik Perfect Dark was good too but I don't know which I'd pick.
- Star Fox 64! Finally the ideas of the SNES Star Foxes tech demo can become a good game
- Rogue Squadron is good too for more free range shooting
- Hell yes Kirby 64
- Mischief Makers was another good game
- Blast Corps was fun but fuck Baboon Cavern
- Pokemon Stadium 2 I guess to cash in on the piles of pokemon money
- Tactics Ogre 64 or Quest 64? idk I'm running out of things here
- Some Rare collectathon horror idgaf which soundboard shoved up Rare's asshole game it is
- Goemon's Great Adventuere? it was pretty eh but I need more games and I could use more 2/3d platformers

- MYSTICAL NINJA STARING GOEMON HELL YES

man that's only 16 not counting trying to avoid oversaturing a genre like MK64 and DKC. Add some Mario Gold/Tennis I guess. rip n64
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Kirby 64 was fuckin' awful. Yoshi's Story is also not a good video game.

Put Resident Evil 2 on there though. The N64 version was pretty significantly superior to the Playstation version. They somehow got the FMVs and voice acting onto a cartridge.

Put one of the Tony Hawk games on there for fuckin' sure. Not more than one though. They're all basically the same game.

Pokemon Stadium was cool but separating it from the hardware might be tough. It actually had the ability to PLAY YOUR COPY OF POKEMON R/B/Y inside the game though, if you plugged them into the back of your N64 controller. If they handled that right, the whole data transfer and handheld integration thing that made the game cool could actually work pretty much intact. But the magic of transferring your handheld pokes to the game might be lost now since the main draw of it was that you already had the game boy games.

Clay Fighter 63 ⅓ and Pilotwings 64 are memorable, but I have no idea if they were any good.

N64 Mini deserves to have a few extra collectathon platformers even if they're not the best ones. It's not a genre I like, but it's a genre that really defines the N64.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I'm pretty sure Microsoft owns the rights to Perfect Dark.
Golden Eye has another licensing problem.

Zelda is for sure.
International Superstar Soccer 2000 needs to be on there. It has one of the earliest versions of a football career mode in a regular football game that I can remember.

Other than that what you've listed seems pretty decent. And I do love the N64 version of Resident Evil 2 (but the voice sound quality is pretty terrible, but still amazing they got that shit onto that cartridge)

Harvest Moon 64 or Excitebike 64 maybe?
Mario Tennis was hellafun, guys, you have no idea.
Pages: first 12 next last