STARMAGE SPRITES? >.<

Pages: first prev 12 last
author=Starmage
I still am not quite sure about this. I feel like there could be an anatomical error somewhere. xP

i'm up way too late so I don't feel like commenting much beyond pointing out that the cat girl has very short legs
or really low knees
one of the two
you could maybe just crunch her torso in a few pixels? then I guess add one or two pixels to the lower leg? I mean, I get that they're supposed to be bending "into the background" some, but if that's an attempt at foreshortening then I'd say its too strong

e: looking at the arm length I'd definitely say that it;s the torso that's too long. Tho the upper/lower leg inequality still applies

ee: long cat is long hahaaa feel free to kill me for that one
Hi turkeyDawg! Wow thank you so much for pointing those out! xDD I knew there was some trouble with how long/short her legs were, but I just couldn't put it to mind. xP I'll work on it ASAP. xD

EDIT:

How about this? xD

Awww, doing pixels have been fun but stressful so far. xDD
No, the previous sprite looked better proportioned than the new one. The belly doesn't need to be shortened, the legs (I'd say below the knees) need to be lengthened.

That sprite is super cute regardless, though.

Well, wait, it depends on what her body shape is supposed to be. She looks kind of lean and lanky in the previous version. In the shortened one, I think you'd still need to make her legs longer to be slightly greater than the length of the arms.
Hello suzy_cheesedreams! Thank you so much! OMG! You're super right about the belly, lol, silly me. xDD As for her body-shape, she actually is supposed to be quite lanky, but the short one, for me, should still fit her character well. xD But I will still do what I can to lengthen her legs and be slightly longer than her arms. XD Thanks so much suzy_cheesedreams. :)

EDIT:

here's what I have so far. xD

EDIT 2:

I have done making some of Sola's animations set. :)
Hi everyone! Thought I'd revive this thread on put on some newb sketches I made while bored at the office xD :D Hope you guys enjoy! ^_^ :) XD

Rave Heart cast sketch:

"Meteors at dawn":

"Dreaming free":

"Waiting on the other side":
BillyX
The Helper Of The Cows
These make me remember how tedious sprite work is. Also made me remember how fun it was although I've never been good at it. Your work is way beyond mine. Haha.

With that said, something was bothering me. At first I thought it was the belly going up and down. I liked the version where the belly didn't move. But I think it's may not be the bottom of the shirt... rather the top. The bottom (belly) decreases a pixel, but the top (collar) stays exactly the same. But I fear that making the top go up and down along with the bottom, will make her shirt look like it is sliding up and down.

I don't know. lol. This is why I don't try and draw much. Overall though, as I wrote above, excellent work.
BillyX
The Helper Of The Cows
These make me remember how tedious sprite work is. Also made me remember how fun it was although I've never been good at it. Your work is way beyond mine. Haha.

With that said, something was bothering me. At first I thought it was the belly going up and down. I liked the version where the belly didn't move. But I think it's may not be the bottom of the shirt... rather the top. The bottom (belly) decreases a pixel, but the top (collar) stays exactly the same. But I fear that making the top go up and down along with the bottom, will make her shirt look like it is sliding up and down.

I don't know. lol. This is why I don't try and draw much. Overall though, as I wrote above, excellent work.
Hi BillyX! ^_^ Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts/feedback! ^_^ :)

And yes! I understand what you mean with Sola's belly/shirt issue with the pixels when she goes bouncing about! XD :)Your insight is highly appreciated, BillyX! And I will keep that in mind! ^_^
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Sola is looking good! Very nice job, Starmage!
Hi InfectionFiles! ^_^ Thank you so much and I'm very glad you liked Sola! ^_^ XD :) She's prolly the most fun I had spriting xD ;)
Pages: first prev 12 last