[MAFIA] PROBLEMS AT THE PRECINCT.

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
That's hammer.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
"Well, Inspector pianotm. Let's have ourselves a little chin wag again, shall we? I still can scarce believe the amount of bother you and yer friend caused us. Inspector Timme and the Chief Superintendent murdered, Officer demonlord5000 made redundant for going off his trolley and shooting colleagues on a quest to avenge his girlfriend's death, the entire precinct gone shambolic due to false arrests. You sure had us snookered. But that all ends now. You're going to be telling us exactly who your partner in crime was, or I will make sure you never see the light of day again, chap."

"Sounds like you made a real cock-up of things while I was in here."

"Sod off, pianotm! Do you even realize the amount of people who died for your little cover-up? I'll charge you with each and every one of their deaths."

"You seem a tad flustered there, lad. But sure, I can talk. It was Constable oddRABBIT. He's the one who shot Vicky. Of course, by now he's already across the pond and on his way out of Europe, but that shouldn't be much of a problem, now should it?"

"Bollocks. You dirty, rotten..."

"So, can I get back to my holding cell now? Wicked. Oh, but without the gun that killed Vicky and oddRABBIT here to testify it will be very difficult to prove I ordered any hits, I'm afraid. I do very much wonder how court will go. Now, Ta-ta!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isrieri has been arrested D4! He was a:

Clean Constable

Abilities:

None

psy_wombats died N4! He was a:

Clean Constable

Abilities:

None

demonlord5000 was interrogated N4 and outnumbered D5! He was a:

Clean Authorized Firearms Officer

Abilities:

Kill:
Each night phase, you may select one player to kill.

oddRABBIT survived! He was a:

Dirty Constable

Abilities:

Interrogate:
Each day phase, you may select one player to interrogate (jail) the following night. Doing so will both roleblock them, preventing them from using any abilities, and defend them from all nightkills.
At the start of night phase, your target will receive the following PM:
You've been interrogated by an interrogator! You may not submit a night action, but may converse with the interrogator in Interrogation Chat.
At the start of next day phase, the interrogation chat will be closed, but not deleted, so you can still reread everything in it.

Your identity will not be revealed to your target. You are free to identify yourself, but you must use the username Interrogator.

Kill:
Each night phase, you may select one player to kill.

Final D4 Votecount:

Isrieri (3): psy_wombats, demonlord5000, oddRABBIT
psy_wombats (1): Isrieri

The dirty cops, pianotm and oddRABBIT, won!

Scum chat

Interrogation chat - N1
Interrogation chat - N2
Interrogation chat - N3

Dead chat (Discord)

Game doc

The thread is now open to everyone again.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Nah. No bussing here!
Jeroen_Sol
Full list of night actions:

N1:
oddRABBIT - interrogates demonlord5000, kills psy_wombats
Gourd_Clae - protects psy_wombats
demonlord5000 - is interrogated

N2:
oddRABBIT - interrogates Isrieri, kills Muffle
Gourd_Clae - protects Muffle
demonlord5000 - kills Gourd_Clae

N3:
oddRABBIT - interrogates psy_wombats, kills Muffle
Gourd_Clae - is dead
demonlord5000 - kills psy_wombats

N4:
oddRABBIT - interrogates demonlord5000, kills psy_wombats
Gourd_Clae - is dead
demonlord5000 - is interrogated

Town seems to have forgotten there was a doctor in this game.

Jailing did indeed block the scum kill. piano was the original jailer, and could protect oddRABBIT at the cost of not being able to nightkill that night. Odd inherited the jail ability when piano died, but couldn't use it on himself since it was a roleblocking ability.

So no scum kills were blocked by the jailer. That was all Gourd's doing, who has been the most successful doctor in the history of RMN.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I guess I won, and also ended up being the only survivor.

...Though, Demonlord5000 did technically make it to day 5 with me, but since he was outnumbered... oops.

Good job, everyone!
pianotm
*high fives oddRABBIT*
Yep, nice work odd, I probably still would've picked demon as scum before you. There actually was bussing in D1, just not the type I would've expected.

We should've done the "technically correct" thing and policy-killed Odd on D3. Oh well -- this was definitely winnable thanks to Gourd, just every day past 2 we were so sure things were wrapped up.
Yeah, good work. In hindsight having an indie jailor really didn't make much sense, and I should have just shot odd because of that. We were too busy trusting odd to see the big picture that all three of us were town all along.
But you can't trust anyone in Mafia!! That's #1 rule of Mafia, trust noone not even yourself1
Jeroen_Sol
So a note on my ruleset in the OP.

These are the rules I use for all of my games. I may hone or change them a bit at times, but I try to keep them as general and widely applicable as possible. This is also the reason I worded the anti-stalling rules in a way that allows for independents.

So when it says there may or may not be an independent in the game, that indeed means there may or may not be an independent. It is not indicative of one or the other.

I think the whole independent business started when Isrieri interpreted the rules to mean there must be an independent, prompting Odd to come up with the fakeclaim. When everyone just believed the claim without questioning it, town was already on the road to ruin.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Just once I'd like to play a mafia game where I don't murder the entire town and lose the game for everyone single-handedly.

Just once.
That early in the game it didn't make sense to question Odd's claim though, firstly because it really wasn't a claim until D4, and second, he had done two towny things for us in helping kill Piano and appearing to stop two nightkills. Then later we just didn't question the "indie exists" assumption. It really was a good claim.
pianotm
And Gourd never claimed so he never verified that he had stopped the nightkills, and once he died, he couldn't counterclaim.
I regret shooting gourd, but in my defense he chose extremely poor wording for his one post. He would have been better off just not hinting at his role at all, or an all out full claim rather than a post that screams the possibility that he might be bulletproof. Either of those options and I probably would have aimed at someone else. I wasn't even that suspicious of him until that point.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Good game, Odd!

There were several assumptions town was supposed to do. For example notice that piano flipped as an Invastigator (but that would further confuse us) and more importantly see town doctor + independent jailor as an unlikely combination.
Shooting Gourd wasn't a bad move imo, killing LockeZ instead of Odd, who claimed net, was.
But I wouldn't do better, I've only managed to fulfill my prophecy by getting lynched.
Jeroen_Sol
There was mostly one big assumption town wasn't supposed to do, namely that there was an independent in the game. XD

Oh, and me messaging Odd at the start of the game really was just me pointing out the game had begun because he hadn't read his role PM yet, seeing as scum chat was on quicktopic and all. It just so happened that he was also scum. I would have done the same with Isrieri if I had been Discord friends with him. He also hadn't read his PM yet.
Yeah I don't think town went wrong in killing me its mistake was letting odd go for so long under the guise of being indie. I own that my soft claim made me look like bp (with possible scum conotations). If I lived I don't think I would've been able to convince anyone I was town - I could've claimed but then people would have to believe me lol!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I think this game shows us to always kill Odd. Like, he's not even playing the game. That's kinda shitty. There's bad players and then there's Odd, who gets away with everything because of his facade. Which isn't limited to mafia, it's just his own pathetic style. So it was shitty to watch this game end as it did.
author=InfectionFiles
I think this game shows us to always kill Odd. Like, he's not even playing the game. That's kinda shitty. There's bad players and then there's Odd, who gets away with everything because of his facade. Which isn't limited to mafia, it's just his own pathetic style. So it was shitty to watch this game end as it did.

This was my frustration with odd's playstyle.