CHRONICLING AIDYN 3-25: SORT OF SEEN OFF

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
It's time for my next comic series! Ever heard of Aidyn Chronicles? No? I'd be surprised if you had. There will be an explanatory page for this mess coming next, so I'll leave the description until then.

1st Page: In Conclusion

Prologue: Chronicling Aidyn

Chapter 1: The Poison Stays

Chapter 2: Party Up at Castle Gwernia

Chapter 3:
3-0: The Long Road to Erromon

3-1: The Road, Becan's

3-2: Cry Wolf

3-3: What Sharp Teeth They Have

3-4: Right Back to Gwernia

3-5: Batty Basement

3-6: Rude Awakening

3-7: Not so Open and Shut

3-8: Into the Bat Cave

3-9: Go or Stay

3-10: Inn Keeping

3-11: Chaotic Detour

3-12: Take the High Road

3-13: Cold Encounter

3-14: In Loving Memory

3-15: They

3-16: Over the River, Through the Woods

3-17: Projection of Miss-iles

3-18: One Ring to Name Them All

3-19: The Wrong Man

3-20: Unwanted Guest

3-21: The Fourth School

3-22: Directions

3-23: In Gwernia Again

3-24: A King's Concern

3-25: Sort of Seen Off
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=halibabica
It's time for my next comic series! Ever heard of Aidyn Chronicles?

Yep.
halibabica
I remember you remembering it last time! Heheh.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Maybe I should read all these comics one day.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Holy hell I remember that game. It was ass, mostly because I played it at an age where I had no idea what the hell was going on. I remember giving up in the mountains because I spent all my battles leveling up that fighter guy, and then he just dicked off and left the party.

The N64 was the age of weird movement-based active-time battle systems.
halibabica
from OzzyTheOne
Maybe I should read all these comics one day.

You'd be hard-pressed to read them all in a day! I've written over a thousand of these things...but only my previous series, Spelunkying, is up to any reasonable standards.

from Isrieri
Holy hell I remember that game. It was ass, mostly because I played it at an age where I had no idea what the hell was going on.

I can think of more reasons why it was ass. In fact, its ass status is most of the reason I'm writing this series in the first place. That will become abundantly clear in the next update, which is actually next week because I jumped the gun posting it here. It's gonna follow Comic Fury's weekly updates just like last time.
Solitayre
I had to bail out at the lighthouse because I spent weeks trying to relight it and just couldn't find a way to do it.
halibabica
That's a fine part to get stuck at. The clues on how to do that are vague and easy to miss. There's a cave underneath the port town that you have to wade through some foliage to find. It contains a scroll that lets you open the lighthouse, but the path to it is well-disguised. I think I found it by accident the first time.
halibabica
P-3: Gabrion's Search

Getting closer to adventure!
halibabica
Chapter 1: The Poison Stays

Title pages are more like teasers than updates. :/
Solitayre
Eh, I'm sure he'll be fine...
halibabica
It'd be a pretty short game if he wasn't. XD

Good ol' "the early fight you can't win." There's actually a debug feature attached to this battle. If you somehow beat all these goblins without taking two hits, Alaron gets +30 to Strength for the rest of the game. It's impossible without cheats.
Solitayre
I kind of like how because it's Alaron, who sucks, the unwinnable fight that he's not good enough to win yet is against....common goblins.

This game had many, many faults, but I liked that Alaron honestly and truly starts the game pathetically weak and has to grow into being a hero. (and the game realizes this, and gives you a strong starter to help prop him up for a while.)
halibabica
So true. He even learns weapon skills at a slower rate than other party members. Since he's the only one you can't be without, they made sure he has plenty of room to develop.

It really is a shame all this game's good ideas are buried under the junk pile that it is.