XENOMIC STREAMS!

Pages: first 1234 next last
That's right, I'm finally streaming again after 3-4 years of not streaming! This may be an everyday thing too!

Current: https://www.twitch.tv/masterxenomic
Old: https://www.twitch.tv/shinxenomic

For tonight, it's going to be starting with Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, then going to go into my own game, Touhou Fantasy, for the rest of the night. May last until 11 PM. Look forward to seeing any of ya'll there!
Streaming more Touhou Fantasy, for those of you interested in seeing how much of a dumpster fire my own game is!
Currently streaming Exvius, then going right into Touhou Fantasy~
Starting stream early to get more of Touhou Fantasy done!!
Streaming for a little bit today, onwards with more Touhou Fantasy for those that wish to watch~
More Touhou Fantasy streaming! Today shall be Remains of Hell, and who knows if we'll get through both halves of it!
More streaming, finishing up act/beta 3 and about to head towards past the 33% mark~
More Touhou Fantasy, for those interested!
Streaming continues! Hopefully will finish beta4 section of game!
The way you update, kinda makes me giggle.

(Pro tip, make like descriptive updates: This time we're fighting X boss or gathering Y item)
Streaming at a new account, up above, at MasterXenomic. Today, we shall be heading through the depths of the caves of Makai to reach the underworld!
And thus, the stream continues! We shall be making our way through Makai to Pandaemonium, and see what lies in wait for our heroes in today's Touhou Fantasy episode!
See? Better. I'm gonna see if I can't watch this.

I'm kinda weirded out by the sorta debug mode start where you're picking party members, but okay. I test my games 80% of the time by playing, so a debug scream just to test stuff seems weird to me (I do that now and then for battles but usually not). As does testing one dungeon at a time. The bat is stuck in the wall because that tileset has passability wrong somewhere, so it got in but couldn't get out.

...I gotta get back to work. I'm making a GPS mode, and I hit the title button instead of the name button for all of them, so it's not showing the name of the map I named it. Then it's supposed to give you directions. But it was entirely too much stuff for point A to B, so I'm faking it. I dunno, it's at the point where I could technically do that, but I would have to add like 80 common events.
That's no debug screen, that's the actual party switch area. The one I used at Youkai Mountain/Poltergeist Mansion just...looked ugly and it was a pain in the butt to do a custom menu system, so I kinda gave up on it. The debug room I think has what me and someone else WAS going to do that relied on a custom menu, but once he left, I had no idea how to do it, and it just seemed....annoying to do. >_<

And yeah, though it might have also been because I accidentally put the bat there for...some reason or another, and just forgot.
Done with the GPS system! It's kinda awesome that I got it to do directions even though I couldn't do Point A to Point B directions would loads more coding.

That's a strange place to start the game though, you're kinda starting in a party map? Like normally, the game plot happens. And you start with limited items. That's one of my other concerns, the map seems to look okay, but one of the advantages of doing a story playthrough is you get a sense what a map is like when you don't have a ton of extra items.

It could be that, though having made screwy maps, it's usually because I put an arrow in a weird place. That it's an angled tile makes me think you might want to check the tileset arrows.
To start the game?? Is this in the VoD, by any chance? If so, and if you're watching from the first part from the Shinxenomic account, then that was me accessing the debug room sure, but if it's NOT from the first part, then...I don't know what you mean with starting the game with. There is no place that starts the game with a party map outside of the party switch system, unless....did you get the game from the Mediafire link? Did I NEVER change that at all? @_@;
Here's where I started watching.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/438555393

I'm not actually sure where you're game starts nowadays cuz it was kinda either streaming live (I always miss live streams) or because whatever. You did a party change test and equip test, and like half your equips had drawbacks to the point where one character had like 1 ATK. It was overall a nice test though.

Btw, speaking of Touhou games starting in the middle of things (with the debug), one of the major problems of Touhou fangames is that the creators seem to feel like the potential players are always old fans. I personally want to get into Touhou (blame the fact that like three of my battle charsets are from Touhou), but I tried Wandering Souls, and it was kinda the same deal. Haven't played the real games so no clue what's going on. It was trying to wade into a pool with no shallow end. You can't seem to get a backstory for the characters in alot of them. Or is it that random, that stuff kinda just starts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comments/2zdv7p/summary_of_canon/
https://ciryes.tumblr.com/post/90984059080/a-brief-summary-of-the-touhou-project

Oh god, maybe it IS that random.
Ah yeah, that's the actual party change area. The 1 ATK doesn't even really matter (only SPD matters of the core stats, in all honesty). But the Physical/Magic resists do kinda matter quite a bit...

As for backstory, the main games don't REALLY give much of a backstory to the characters. 95% of them are kinda just there, and then you don't see them again, or you see them again, but still they're kinda just there. Some of the major ones have more of a backstory like Reimu, Yukari, and Rinnosuke, but even then...and yes, the events are kinda random and whatnot.
Stream now starting up! Today we'll be tackling the Hollowed Caverns, land of No Magic and mimics!!! And we'll see if we get to the next part as well, depends on how long I feel up to it tonight.
Pages: first 1234 next last