POSSIBLE TO INCLUDE A FONT WITH A GAME? (AND ANY GOOD DOWNLOAD SITES?)

Pages: 1
I got a laptop recently and today marks the triumphant occasion that I started working on my game again. No more having to walk to another house to continue working on my game. This is a pretty exciting development, as now I actually have a shot at finishing it. But I encountered a little snag and I hope this board can help me once again. My laptop is an absolute beast and my first ever Windows 10 device but apparently it's missing a font I had before. Because I noticed that HP displays during battle no longer display the correct font. This present two problems.

1) I need a way to acquire the font. Where do you get fonts? Is there a go-to site that everyone uses?

2) If possible I would like to package the font with my game in case anyone else is missing the same font. Or, at the very least, be able to tell people how to easily/quickly acquire said font before playing my game.

The font is Matura MT Script Capitals and here is a screenshot of how it looked:

although only the numbers 1 6 and 9 are displayed here

The font no longer appears on my new laptop, instead it's a really bland looking font. Most likely Arial. (I could post a screenshot? Not that it matters.)

I have to wonder if I downloaded this font way back then, meaning that my game always had this problem and it took me to get a new computer to finally realize it. Should I use a stock font? Having to tell people to download a font is quite janky imo, unless of course I can bundle it with the game somehow.
I'm not sure what engine you're using, but I know with VX Ace you can make a folder in the project file and name it "Fonts", if it doesn't already have one, and just plop your font down in there. The game will usually pick it up regardless of whether or not the player has it installed on their PC.
Due to copyright issues, this font has been removed.

That's what I've found on wfonts website so there's a possibility that on another site they specify something like a very restrictive license for such font... :S I guess you better stay away from it if you plan to distribute your game.
For MV, you need to edit the CSS file in the game directory to add additional fonts (copy the "GameFont" block and change it to the font you're using).

VX Ace is the easiest as noted, For XP you can supply the font but the player will need to install it before it shows up.

I found fonts here before: https://www.fontspace.com/category/title

Note that most of the fonts on that site are not free for commercial use - check the terms in the readme that comes with the font as the listings are not always accurate.

For a title screen font, I normally bake it into the title image - no need to distribute a font that's only used for one static text.

The font you're looking for probably came with MS Office:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/matura-mt-script-capitals

Commercial use fonts, I'm not even sure how to license for a game. You'll need to do your own research.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Sgt M
I'm not sure what engine you're using, but I know with VX Ace you can make a folder in the project file and name it "Fonts", if it doesn't already have one, and just plop your font down in there. The game will usually pick it up regardless of whether or not the player has it installed on their PC.

You, sir, are a genius! Thank you!!
author=kyonides
wfonts website
Went there and got Matturra, which was the only search result. It is somewhat similar to the font I was using. Appears smaller I think so I'm increasing the size from 36 to.. well, I'll keep adjusting it until I like the result.

EDIT: Fontspace is a nifty site. I like the 100% free checkbox option.
I took this opportunity to try some new fonts altogether. Tried three so far..
Pages: 1