RECEPTION IN YOUTUBE FOR THE FIRST TRAILER FOR RPG MAKER MZ WAS 50/50 WITH LIKES AND DISLIKES

Pages: 1
Nice to see features of RPG Maker MZ in Action. However in youtube comments the reception is mixed and many people show how they are bit concerned. What are your thoughts on the first trailer?

List of new changes made by TitanKaempfer
Well first of all obviously new assets but this was to expect.
0:15 - There is now a list for events on the map right above the list of maps. Seemingly you can somehow switch between this list and the tile set pieces. (maybe the events are shown when you are in event mode and the tileset is shown when drawing the map)
0:16 - The character editor now allows for repositioning generator parts. You'll use arrows to move them around and they're located next to the colors.
0:24 - The show message function has a new input field that is labeled with "Namae" (translating into Name, you can also see it in various database for the name field). It is not shown what it does, but it most likely will show a name when displaying the message box.
0:25 - There seems to be some kind of function to auto complete words/a dictionary.
0:32 - The battle animation tab is seemingly reworked a lot (at least from the order of stuff). It also seems like you can only use one graphic instead of two like you could before which actually would be an downgrade. (But maybe you still can mix them and they just pressed on those only having one graphic set and two would be listed liked "graphic set 1 + graphic set 2")
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

There's hope and apprehension about this engine.

You gotta really go back to the release of RPG Maker MV to understand this.
I think people were really expecting more of an upgrade in features after VX Ace.
MV, in some ways, was a let down to people who didn't really see the change to Java Script and the porting to other platforms as a huge step forward. And MV has huge performance issues compared to earlier engines.

We were ready to be wowed years ago, now that we weren't, we are right to be concerned.

Edit: Mods have any plans on making an engine page for this?

unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, after thoroughly enjoying VX Ace, I preordered MV without hesitation.

I have not felt that burned by a preorder in quite some time, and it took years and so much work from dedicated folks on RMW for MV to become a decent engine.

I'm not excited about RPG Maker's drip-feed approach to marketing this new product and will mostly be avoiding it from here on. I hope it's a great engine, but honestly it's not something I'll be considering until well after it's already out and we know everything we can about it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
unity
Yeah, after thoroughly enjoying VX Ace, I preordered MV without hesitation. I have not felt that burned by a preorder in quite some time

yeah this. i mean i'm glad i was able to support my friends which is also why i buy a ton of the degica dlc, but... ;V

also lol your guesses re: animation page are cute
Its a really cheap and uninformative trailer, drop that on top of the drop feed of actual useful information, yeah, people are mad haha.
Reincarnated native support for 16x16/32x32 tiles would make me reassess my faith in MV/MZ, but I guess dreams shall remain dreams...
You can still triple the size of your 16x16 tileset, that's what I do :).
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I don't think I'll ever get over my distaste for that post-XP chibi style.
This doesn't surprise me. Honestly, MV to me feels like "VX 3.0", and I see nothing here that will convince me that MZ will not feel like VX 4.0. The most recent RPG Makers have done little to push things in new direction beyond allowing Ruby and then Javascript. Take out the whole scripting side of things and the core engine itself hasn't really received too many major upgrades since, what, XP? The only thing I really like about MV is that it allows side-view battles again without the use of scripts. If it hadn't been for that, I'd still be using VX Ace which, to me, is just a slightly fancier 2003 with scripting.
Pages: 1