RPG MAKER MV ICON FRAME PLUGIN REQUEST?!?!

Pages: 1
So is there a plugin for rpg maker mv that will allow items to have their icon overlayed on a separate image file (frame) with text code.

For example, say I have a wooden sword that is a weapon, and I want a specific frame for weapons.

But that same wooden sword icon is also a separate item for say, crafting.

Naturally I wouldn't want to use the same frame for weapons and crafting materials. Hope that made sense, thanks.
Mostly people address this by including the frame with the icon in the icon set. I.E. make two copies of the wooden sword in your image editor with a different frame on each.

(This is also a great way to use 24px icons made for VX Ace, by adding a 4px border all the way around)

Otherwise what you're asking for could be achieved by overdrawing the first icon with a second icon in the same place (with the 2nd icon being just the frame). Making that be done everywhere (inventory, status, messages, crafting scene...) is the harder part.

If you want the frame to be a larger size than the icons, you'd have to deal with overlapping lines too (the icon height and line height are both 32px by default.
author=coelocanth
Mostly people address this by including the frame with the icon in the icon set. I.E. make two copies of the wooden sword in your image editor with a different frame on each.

(This is also a great way to use 24px icons made for VX Ace, by adding a 4px border all the way around)

Otherwise what you're asking for could be achieved by overdrawing the first icon with a second icon in the same place (with the 2nd icon being just the frame). Making that be done everywhere (inventory, status, messages, crafting scene...) is the harder part.

If you want the frame to be a larger size than the icons, you'd have to deal with overlapping lines too (the icon height and line height are both 32px by default.

Yea I was trying to avoid doing the multiple copies of the icon method, because I use A LOT of items in my game and a bunch carry over for multiple things. Also I have my icon sheet orginized a very specific way. I have certain ocd's and just adding more to the bottom when I think about em would drive me nuts. I was just curious if there was a plugin to do what I was thinking, but oh well. I guess I don't have a choice, but ty anyway.
Pages: 1