EXECUTIVE DECISION 2.1 - AGE REQUIREMENTS

Pages: first 123 next last
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
shadowcorporation and his brother dragon are now banned from all RMN user activities.

There was not a single most important reason for this, however shadowcorporation has had a plethora of minor offenses, including advocating the use of illegally translated RMXP files, which, of course, we do not support.

In addition to this, it has been discovered through their postings and profiles that the users in question were ages 11 and 9 respectively. While I would praise our community for our relative maturity when compared to other RPG Maker sites, I have a hard time believing all of our content is appropriate for children. Allowing them to continue posting would also be a violation of the US's COPPA laws.

(COPPA requires children under the age of 13 to obtain parent's consent before joining an online community in addition to requiring the site to keep detailed records of this)

This is setting a precedence. No users under the age of 13 will be allowed to contribute to user areas of our site. This will eventually be automatically enforced via software, but for now it will be dealt with on a case by case basis. In addition we will continue our support of legally obtained versions of RMXP. We, however, will continue with our "amnesty" policy towards programs never released in english speaking countries, such as RM2K and RM2K3.
This seems mainly like an excuse to get rid of them on the basis of flooding us with redundant, shallow threads and just being nuisances in general. Banning them without much warning is kind of out of left field, though. Did you message them in private?

I do respect our need to keep things as legal as we can. Or at least as legal as a community birthed by a pirate translation of a Japanese exclusive program CAN be. It makes things seem slightly lopsided, since we're walking a thin line here. Still, supporting legal RMXP is the way to go.
Starscream
It may seem like it was out of left field, but I can assure you it has long been in discussion for a variety of issues. Worthless posts, lack of maturity, several annoying PMs that they have continually sent to admins, etc. We were willing to ignore those issues and let it be moderated by the social response on the forums. However, the age revelations and their use of illegal RMXP sealed the deal. If I was going to ban them for annoying me, I would have done that long ago. I hate to sound like a tyrant, but I don't really need a reason.

Seriously, 9 year olds have no place here, age discrimination be damned.

And yes, we have a need to support the legal RMXP. If we don't, we may never be privy to RPG Maker Vista or whatever else is next. Without that, it would be back to the dark ages - underground groups, poor translations, terrible distribution, smaller communities, etc. It's far too late to not support the illegal translation of RM2K/3, but we will do what we can for RMXP.

??? Wait a minute- He was only 11!!! This site is DEFINITELY is not for ages 11.
Just asking, but it Shadow Corp. banned for life, or just till he's 13?
Starscream
Only until they reach the age of thirteen. Their other offenses were relatively minor, definitely not worth a lifetime ban.
Ahaha damn. That makes a lot of sense.

Send them an email or something telling them to go to rmxp.org. The age they generally cater to is like 10-15.

I like having an age limitation. As bad as it sounds, little kids are just ANNOYING and don't have a place here (or anywhere, really- don't their parents realize that they're letting babies loose on the internet?)
Starscream
author=Despain link=topic=267.msg3365#msg3365 date=1190257668
I like having an age limitation. As bad as it sounds, little kids are just ANNOYING and don't have a place here (or anywhere, really- don't their parents realize that they're letting babies loose on the internet?)

I didn't even have a computer until I was sixteen. It probably wasn't because of good parenting though. No, more likely it was because we was po' folk.
I agree with this age limit. The content that we post on this site can be very mature and not for younger ages to view.
Are you going to remove the plethora of retarded games that shadowcorporation added to our games database?
author=prexus link=topic=267.msg3374#msg3374 date=1190278774
Are you going to remove the plethora of retarded games that shadowcorporation added to our games database?
This is under discussion, with us leaning towards 'Yes'.
I have an unnaturally high tolerance for kids. At least compared to most of my Internet peers. I actually wouldn't mind being a parent some day.

How many games total did they add, anyway?
8 were accepted for shadowcorp, and roughly 10 were denied. I denied two more of his games yesterday.
Starscream
author=Mewd link=topic=267.msg3378#msg3378 date=1190308188
I have an unnaturally high tolerance for kids. At least compared to most of my Internet peers. I actually wouldn't mind being a parent some day.

I actually am a parent.
author=kentona link=topic=267.msg3385#msg3385 date=1190318233
8 were accepted for shadowcorp, and roughly 10 were denied. I denied two more of his games yesterday.

What i don't understand is how he was able to make all these games. Was he making them all at the same time or were they all just games that he had already completed.
They were crap games, super short RTP prototypes and some were just brainstorms, I figure. None of the staff had any inclination at all to play any of them.

Shadowcorporation prompted holb's New Deal.
Yeah. Many of the games were similar to other games such as online rpg's. The game "Fable Quest" that he created was similar to the online rpg "Adventure Quest". Another game was "Animal Crossing", and what he wrote in his description sounded like the game that's out now on the Playstation 2. This shows that he wasn't a very creative guy.
Starscream
I hereby declare that bradonabley is guilty of harboring weapons of mass artistry and that he was directly involved in the twin tots joining RMN.

Your one-way ticket to Guantanamo Bay is forthcoming.
Besides, what kind of retarded name is shadowcorporation?
Pages: first 123 next last