CHARACTERS + MONSTERS.

Pages: first 12 next last
I'm looking for some ideas on interesting character classes
that would add to a game.
Not you basic Tanker, Mage, and Healer.
But some truly ingenious classes.

Example Chef: increase item health + Mp regeneration by a lot.
Not completely weak against physical attacks.
Increase food item drop rates. Some of there skills have a
chance of creating a weak food item.

I'm also looking for interesting monster ideas.
Anything that isn't completely ridiculous is acceptable.
I already have a cake monster ;D
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Hey I've been looking for crazy monsters myself but let me tell you one of my ideas for a monster and/or boss.

Battle Captain
A balance between stat skills and moderate fighting stats. This class' main purpose would be to buffer your character and lower the stats of your enemies. Then if needed to, take on a few enemies in battle. It's not meant to fight only, but it can take hits and deal out them if you need him to.

Diplomat
A minor healer, but it's main purpose is to negotiate with enemies and make them hesitant to attack. They could also even recruit enemies or convince them not to fight which would result in the enemies running away. They could also calm down enraged people and maybe even calm down a Berserker.

Weather Man
A type of mage who focuses on area and all enemies hit spells. He can make a healing field that allows everyone to recover a bit of health every turn or maybe even make a deadly acid rain that inflicts everyone with poison.

Now for some enemies:

Mirror Shardians
Has the shape and figure of a real person but is made entirely out of glass. Much like a glass golem. They could inflict fast and deadly damage. Since there whole body could cut you. Light magic would merely reflect off them. Also if there are a lot gathered, due to the reflection you could accidentally hit your own teammate while in the fray.

Boss: Floating Giant
A huge giant with no legs just a huge ball shape body and thing arms protruding along with a lump for a head. The float around aimlessly and due to their slow and uncontrollable floating speed there easy to avoid. But it hits hard and although it seems it's going for one person it can change course at the last minute and hit someone else.

Boss: Mimic Man
No one knows it's true form, but every turn it chooses someone randomly out of the party and mimics it. It will then use there skills to cause mass damage or heal itself. The trick to it, is for every party member you have, there should be someone who has their weakness and their strength. It makes fighting Mimic Man much easier but extremely hard if you do not have a certain strength or are weak to a certain thing that your member can cast.
Thanks nick I actually like the captain idea.
What kind of weapon would a captain use?

As for the monsters the Mimic Man and Mirror shardians are the only ones
I can use. Unless you want to sprite the Floating Giant.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
author=meavor link=topic=2702.msg50839#msg50839 date=1229388370
Thanks nick I actually like the captain idea.
What kind of weapon would a captain use?

As for the monsters the Mimic Man and Mirror shardians are the only ones
I can use. Unless you want to sprite the Floating Giant.

Maybe a long spear, or some sort of pole arm. Even a huge sword if you really wanted to.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-skill.php

Let me suggest this site as a tool to help generate ideas. Sure, there are a heap of crazy ideas but you get some really surprising gems.
Thank you liberty, Though most of them are crap i did find
some gems.
how bout this for monsters

Syntheses: Plants that can take any form and use roots like whips to deal lots of damage although the fact that they are made of organic material makes them low in def
author=meavor link=topic=2702.msg50829#msg50829 date=1229384490
Not you basic Tanker, Mage, and Healer.
But some truly ingenious classes.
There's nothing wrong with using basic class archetypes for gameplay reasons. Just give them unique names/themes.
@Way to go
Great idea, but sadly I already planned for a plant monster that
use its roots like whips.

@Toasters
The basic tank, mage, healer classes have already been made and it would be
boring having a knight who is exactly like a warrior just a difference in naming.
I'm just asking for some crazy ideas to fill up the roster.
If your game has staid mechanics, you will have character options with staid roles. Trying to force new roles into the same old mechanics will probably not be very productive. Does your game have any unusual mechanics? If not, maybe you should introduce some and then build new character options around them.
author=meavor link=topic=2702.msg51060#msg51060 date=1229546958
@Toasters
boring having a knight who is exactly like a warrior just a difference in naming.
It'd be a little hard for us to do that, since we know absolutely nothing about how your game works.
Quote from: meavor on Today at 02:49:18 PM
@Toasters

It'd be a little hard for us to do that, since we know absolutely nothing about how your game works.

Its a tbs game. Like final fantasy tactics advance.
I want some more interesting monsters and classes so you
can create a party that fits your needs.
Beekeeper (this came up once on IRC)
Controls bees to attack foes while has access to honey for various healing and debuffing skills!
author=kentona link=topic=2702.msg51071#msg51071 date=1229551377
Controls bees to attack foes while has access to honey for various healing and debuffing skills!
And how would you go about debuffing someone with honey?
author=TooManyToasters link=topic=2702.msg51109#msg51109 date=1229563515

The enemy licks himself.
author=Darken link=topic=2702.msg51119#msg51119 date=1229566601

The enemy licks himself.
That would be sweet.
author=kentona link=topic=2702.msg51164#msg51164 date=1229612744
author=Darken link=topic=2702.msg51119#msg51119 date=1229566601

The enemy licks himself.
That would be sweet.
I see what you did there.
A beekeeper that actually sounds interesting!
If i can find a way to add it in I will.

Pages: first 12 next last