SHMECKIE'S COMIC ART AND CHARACTER SKETCHES!

Pages: 1
Figured this would be a good idea; I post some of my character designs and bits of comic-style art for good ol' critique and commentary! What better way to improve, eh?

So I'll start by showing the cover of my current project I'm pitching to some publishers. Pencils were done by me, inks were done by the supremely talented Stacy Smith.

His pinky looks a bit too long to me. Otherwise, pretty good.
That's damn good. But what's up with his ears? :-\
I really like the inker's work.
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant link=topic=3412.msg68200#msg68200 date=1238119529
That's damn good. But what's up with his ears? :-\

He's a Vampire. Going with the bat-features look in this one.
Yeah, the inking's awesome. Great stuff, love the details! Especially the left part of the face. The pose and perspectives are very proper as well.
Yeah, Stacy really likes his face wound. Which is good, because with how detailed it is, it must be a bitch for her to ink. She might as well like it. =P

Here's a drawing I did of one of my characters. It's pretty old, but I figured I'd show it. It's seems to be very popular, for some reason...

probably because it's a hot chick.

That's some good work, nonetheless!
Your stuff is really, really good, man. You should apply that talent to your game project, maybe in the form of custom facesets for yourself?
author=Shmeckie link=topic=3412.msg68226#msg68226 date=1238128226

Like the hair!
The anatomy on that woman is fantastic, as are the clothes folds! I would say that one of her eyes looks a little lopsided though, and I'm not a big fan of how you've done her hair. Compared to the rest of the image it doesn't feel quite as bold.

As for the vampire, whilst I appreciate there's a reason his ears are as they are, they just throw the rest of the image off. The amount of detail in them and their irregular shape pulls my eyes directly to them and keeps my eyes there, rather than allowing me to freely look around the image as a whole.

I'd also say that his hair makes his head look too much like a sphere. I can't tell if it's because it goes around the back of his head too soon, or if the space between his eyebrow and his hair line. The image also reminds me strongly of Akira.

You've got talent though! I'm impressed. Be good to see some more of your stuff. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?
He has a Deviant Art account in his profile. Says 23.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=3412.msg68251#msg68251 date=1238166876
Your stuff is really, really good, man. You should apply that talent to your game project, maybe in the form of custom facesets for yourself?

I would, but there's two things stopping me from doing that; my skill lies with a pencil, not so much sprite-work (though I can edit existing facesets easy enough); and trying to get into the comics biz is pretty time-consuming. Especially when I get published.

I'm trying to put in some artwork for cutscenes, though, but I need someone who can turn my artwork into video game cutscene kinda things. Think Ninja Gaiden, or Zero Wing's opening (sans engrish).

And hey, why not post a new pic, eh?

WARIODORF! I post at a forum where pro artists congregate, and they were having a contest, of sorts, to combine two characters into one. I combined Nintendo's two biggest badasses into this. It didn't scan well, though. Technical difficulties at the time...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
...That is amazing.
I can double-post to add pictures, right? It is relevant to the topic at hand, after all...

This one was for a net-friend. I did some character designs for him, and when I asked if he wanted any more designs, and he jokingly suggested I draw his character in a bikini. So, I did it, because I am a whore.

harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
That goomba army rocks!
author=Shmeckie link=topic=3412.msg72044#msg72044 date=1240523193
I can double-post to add pictures, right? It is relevant to the topic at hand, after all...

Yep!

Goomba army is cool, not a big fan of the girl. Needs more meat on 'er.
I like her ;D

In fact, I think all your stuff is quite good.
I done drawed a mermaid!

And I done got creative wit' 'er!
Pages: 1